Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Audi Field to Host Washington DC Defenders XFL Team in 2020

Ron78

What Will You Do To Support the XFL Franchise in DC?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What Will You Do To Support the XFL Franchise in DC?

• Attend games at Audi Field
    • Watch games at home or in sports bars
    • I will not support this team

Just now, StillUnknown said:

tackling is atrocious, league probably wont care about that as it will lead to more points

Yeah. The tackling is poor. It’s not the NFL. And tackling is a skill that a lot of college/high school players aren’t that great at. If you’re good at it you generally are at the highest level.

Good tacklers are harder to find than gets noted in my opinion.

They're really pushing the crowd size for the broadcast. I think they know it's a sore wound for the Redskins. They need an XFL team to take root in an NFL city to look like a legitimate sport, and the Redskins super low attendance makes them a prime target.

Also, Cardale Jones is the better QB today.

Edit: Okay, that's not so much on the QB. But DC is definitely better overall.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

They're really pushing the crowd size for the broadcast. I think they know it's a sore wound for the Redskins. They need an XFL team to take root in an NFL city to look like a legitimate sport, and the Redskins super low attendance makes them a prime target.

Just looking at the stands, it looks to me like a 75 percent crowd at best in a 20K stadium. Not bad, but...…..

• Like 2

One challenge I see for the broadcast is that with only 1 game going on at a time, they can't burn time on score updates or in-depth halftime shows. Those little breaks do add a little something to the game, even if it's just scheming scenarios for how the season plays out for other games.

Just now, hail2skins said:

Just looking at the stands, it looks to me like a 75 percent crowd at best in a 20K stadium. Not bad, but...…..

Yeah, seeing the other half of the stadium half empty makes me suspicious they encouraged everyone to fill one side for the TV angles to make it look fuller. They're definitely pushing "the crowd noise". It's propaganda, but they're working with what they've got.

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

One challenge I see for the broadcast is that with only 1 game going on at a time, they can't burn time on score updates or in-depth halftime shows. Those little breaks do add a little something to the game, even if it's just scheming scenarios for how the season plays out for other games.

Its your own fault if you're not in an XFL fantasy league 😀

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

I mean, again, why did you expect? A sell out crowd for the XFL? That’s pretty good attendance for a non NFL game

2 minutes ago, carex said:

there haven't been as many interviews on the sideline since that one guy cussed has there?

Off the top of my head, they did the guy who got an interception, the kicker at halftime, and the head coaches from time to time. Not as often as before, though.

who's worse Dragons QB or WRs?

13 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Also, Cardale Jones is the better QB today.

Edit: Okay, that's not so much on the QB. But DC is definitely better overall.

they just need to look like people want to watch the games, that's why they're pushing the numbers

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I mean, again, why did you expect? A sell out crowd for the XFL? That’s pretty good attendance for a non NFL game

Just saying that the venue they are at is small to begin with, and isn't even sold out. No, I didn't expect a sellout.  I did notice that a number of the XFL teams are going to be playing at NFL stadiums. I wonder if there would've been a larger crowd in DC if they had played at FedEx and maybe only opened up the lower bowl and maybe the club level for the game. But how much would Snyder would've charged for parking? 😡

whoops, they let another f-bomb drop

Just now, hail2skins said:

Just saying that the venue they are at is small to begin with, and isn't even sold out. No, I didn't expect a sellout.  I did notice that a number of the XFL teams are going to be playing at NFL stadiums. I wonder if there would've been a larger crowd in DC if they had played at FedEx and maybe only opened up the lower bowl and maybe the club level for the game. But how much would Snyder would've charged for parking? 😡

I'm interested in going to a game this season.  I would have no interest if I had to go to Landover.