Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Audi Field to Host Washington DC Defenders XFL Team in 2020

Ron78

What Will You Do To Support the XFL Franchise in DC?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What Will You Do To Support the XFL Franchise in DC?

• Attend games at Audi Field
    • Watch games at home or in sports bars
    • I will not support this team

The 1-2-3 pt play seems ****ing ingenious. Allows for more strategy and drama.

Right now it's either anticlimactic or an abject disaster if its missed. Vinnie Mac might have something here. Just need one totally unexpected signing from the pros that no one saw coming, or an uber talented collegiate cat that maybe wants to play two sports, or practice law in his downtime or something,  and he may really have a league that can stay afloat

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Right now it's either anticlimactic or an abject disaster if its missed. Vinnie Mac might have something here. Just need one totally unexpected signing that no one saw coming, or an uber talented collegiate cat that maybe wants to play two sports, or practice law in his downtime or something,  and he may really have a league that can stay afloat

Budgeting is important for a Spring start up league though.  The USFL paid big money for "star players" and ended up about $300 million in the red.

Cardale Jones is our quarterback, and he is probably the most talented quarterback in the league.  Cardale will continue to build his own brand in the XFL.

Edited by Ron78

Just now, Ron78 said:

Budgeting is important for a Spring start up league though.  The USFL paid big money for "star player" and ended up about $300 million in the red.

Cardale Jones is our quarterback, and he is probably the most talented quarterback in the league.  Cardale will continue to build his own brand in the XFL.

Yeah good point

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Springfield said:

But are the rules more of a gimmick or no?

For the most part, no.  They are mostly designed to reduce flags and referee judgement calls, speed up the game, and make plays a little less dangerous for the players.  The rules are definitely offense-friendly though and will probably lead to higher scoring games.

I think the rules are intriguing without being too gimmicky (besides the two forward pass rule as long as the first is backward...little weird) 

Instead of avoiding returns (NFL) or eliminating them (AAF) they're going to try to make them safer than old school NFL. 

The 1-2-3 extra point adds strategy and means that a 9 point lead it still a "one possession" game. 

I'm going to check it out. Spring football in DC is a little dicey with the weather but we'll see. 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 12:45 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah, those PAT options are going to make the football square pools a helluva lot more exciting. A 5 & 8 square won't be such a horrible option to have. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Go Chiefs? 

Ay man, better than " 3 Cheers for Good ol' US of A, eat your wheaties and defend Freedom for Sammy! *Shotgun blast*"

There's got to be more to life than every team in DC being named after some colonial/military-ism, clad in red white & blue.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Ay man, better than " 3 Cheers for Good ol' US of A, eat your wheaties and defend Freedom for Sammy! *Shotgun blast*"

There's got to be more to life than every team in DC being named after some colonial/military-ism, clad in red white & blue.

I like that idea. Pittsburgh does it pretty well with Black/Gold.

Not saying they all looks the same. I think the Defenders Unis with either a Blue Helmet or Blue Pants (not both) would be cool. USA USA USA

p.s. I get just Red/White. DC Flag, Washington Family Crest.

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants

16 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I think the rules are intriguing without being too gimmicky (besides the two forward pass rule as long as the first is backward...little weird) 

Instead of avoiding returns (NFL) or eliminating them (AAF) they're going to try to make them safer than old school NFL. 

The 1-2-3 extra point adds strategy and means that a 9 point lead it still a "one possession" game. 

I'm going to check it out. Spring football in DC is a little dicey with the weather but we'll see. 

I think you misunderstood the double-forward pass rule somewhat.  The first pass can go forward, it just has to be behind the line of scrimmage.  The purpose of this rule is to eliminate flags.  In the NFL, two forward passes is illegal, so the ref has to make a judgement call about whether or not the first pass went lateral or went forward.  The XFL's double pass rule makes the ref's job easier and makes gadget plays less risky for the offense.  So, the main point of it is to reduce flags that stop the game and to increase offensive production.  It's not a bad rule once you fully understand it.

Edited by Ron78
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ron78 said:

I think you misunderstood the double-forward pass rule somewhat.  The first pass can go forward, it just has to be behind the line of scrimmage.  The purpose of this rule is to eliminate flags.  In the NFL, two forward passes is illegal, so the ref has to make a judgement call about whether or not the first pass went lateral or went forward.  The XFL's double pass rule makes the ref's job easier and makes gadget plays less risky for the offense.  So, the main point of it is to reduce flags that stop the game and increase offensive production.  It's not a bad rule once you fully understand it.

Imagine a standard screen pass.  Defense can’t all-out pursue the running back because he now has the option to pass to a wide out or tight end left open.  That in turn leaves him with more running room as d-backs have to stay with other receivers.

• Like 1

I support this league in general, but I don't think I'll support the DC team this time around. Just to mix it up. 

I've been living in LA for over 5 years now and don't support a single one of the teams here. Dodgers? Lakers? Rams? **** em. But maybe I'll join in and support the most LA kind of team there is. It probably won't exist in five years, just like the league itself. No real commitment. 

Who are we? The Wildcats! 

Who are we gonna beat? The Wildcats! 

usatsi_11907273.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Josh Johnson is going to be our QB maybe?? 

The DC Defenders have finalized their final 52-man roster:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/xfl-rosters-2020-here-are-the-52-man-rosters-for-all-eight-teams/gdlifutwxnsv1x41iejvex9h1

D.C. Defenders roster

No. Name Pos. Ht. Wt. College
1 Thompkins, DeAndre WR 5'11" 187 Penn State
2 Rausa, Ty K 5'9" 189 Boise State
3 Jackson, Tyree QB 6'7" 250 Buffalo
4 Rogers, Eli WR 5'11" 176 Louisville
7 Niswander, Hunter P 6'5" 230 Northwestern
9 Rowell, Jalen WR 6'4"   Air Force
10 Cobbs, Simmie WR 6'3" 220 Indiana
12 Jones, Cardale QB 6'5" 264 Ohio State
15 Ross, Rashad WR 6'0" 180 Arizona State
16 Palka, Tyler WR 6'0" 197 Gannon
19 Dupre, Malachi WR 6'4" 195 LSU
20 Merritt, Carlos S 6'0" 190 Campbell
21 Grant, Doran CB 5'10" 195 Ohio State
22 Elam, Matt S 5'10" 205 Florida
23 Myrick, Jalen CB 5'10" 201 Minnesota
24 Pumphrey, Donnel RB 5'8" 178 San Diego State
25 Lawrence, Desmond CB 5'11" 187 North Carolina
26 Pressley, Jhurell RB 5'10" 209 New Mexico
28 Campbell, Elijah CB 5'11" 192 Northern Iowa
29 Kinnel, Tyree S 5'11" 210 Michigan
30 Sylve, Bradley CB 6'0" 172 Alabama
31 Brossette, Nick RB 5'11" 210 LSU
32 Abdullah, Khalid RB 5'9" 226 James Madison
38 Thomas, Shamarko S 5'9" 205 Syracuse
42 Khoury, Brian DE 6'3" 238 Carnegie Mellon
51 Johnson, Dorian OG 6'5" 291 Pittsburgh
52 Celestin, Jonathan LB 6'0" 227 Minnesota
53 Thurman, Jameer LB 6'0" 223 Indiana State
54 Massaquoi, Jonathan LB 6'2" 265 Troy
55 Williams, Antwione LB 6'3" 245 Georgia Southern
56 Freeman, KeShun DE 6'2" 259 Georgia Tech
58 Wright, Scooby LB 6'0" 228 Arizona
59 Tarpley, A.J. LB 6'2" 225 Stanford
64 Toth, Jon OC 6'5" 298 Kentucky
69 Boozer, Cole OT 6'5" 306 Temple
72 Tuley-Tillman, Logan OT 6'6" 308 Texas-El Paso
74 Cook, Rishard OG 6'3" 364 UAB
75 Brown, Chris OG 6'4" 315 Southern California
77 O'Hagan, James OC 6'2" 299 Buffalo
78 Bunche, Malcolm OT 6'6" 326 UCLA
79 Wesley, De'Ondre OT 6'6" 320 Brigham Young
80 Ernsberger, Donnie TE 6'3" 241 Western Michigan
85 Hayward, Derrick TE 6'5" 260 Maryland
86 Lee, Khari TE 6'4" 255 Bowie State
90 Anau, Siupeli DT 6'2" 286 Northern Arizona
91 Barnes, Tavaris DE 6'4" 267 Clemson
92 Qualls, Elijah DT 6'1" 337 Washington
93 Sprinkle, Tracy DT 6'2" 287 Ohio State
94 Vakameilalo, Kalani DT 6'3" 322 Oregon State
95 Bigelow, Kenny DT 6'3" 308 West Virginia
96 Bromley, Jay DT 6'3" 297 Syracuse
99 Montgomery, Sam DE 6'3" 248 LSU
Edited by Ron78
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ClaytoAli said:

says you

fbfoclrldv9mgsa1mzmf.gif
eagle.gif

You can find gifs that make absolutely anyone look foolish (even if they're not really relevant to the subject matter).

obama-pitch.gif

WiISl9.gif

200ce46d4a3e3e91b05c176636d92992.gif

Edited by Ron78
  • Haha 1