Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Audi Field to Host Washington DC Defenders XFL Team in 2020

Ron78

What Will You Do To Support the XFL Franchise in DC?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What Will You Do To Support the XFL Franchise in DC?

• Attend games at Audi Field
    • Watch games at home or in sports bars
    • I will not support this team

49 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I mean, it seemed to be working last time until COVID came along.  I was very disappointed about not being able to make it to a game.

I dragged my dad to one of the very first (maybe THE first) games in February 2020, even though he put up quite a fight 😂 it was against seattles team, coached by Zorn. 

• 3 months later...
42 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Hooray! My Defenders t-shirt and Mug are stil relevant

One of the few unchanged teams, along with St. Louis. 

San Antonio got a team as their AAF squad had huge attendance before that folded. Can't use Commanders as a name though... 

I had the opportunity today to attend a public town hall with the coach of the DC Defenders, Reggie Barlow, as well as the president of the XFL (who is essentially the commissioner). They were able to shed some insight on the timeline and the league in general, as well as some of the ideas that would be transferring over. I came away impressed by the town hall as well as the venue (it was at Topgolf so the XFL basically paid for the public to have free food, beverages and free golf). There was also a lot of transparency on what they're doing and I like the direction they are going in so far.

PXL_20221103_221636562.jpg

PXL_20221103_220816484.jpg

PXL_20221103_224108920.jpg

36 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, any tidbits on what they’re going to do? I’d love to hear what you found out! 

There's some things they couldn't talk about (like the uniforms) but they said they'd be released later this month. Also, the draft where they pick the players is going to go on this month I think.

They want to continue the culture of the last 2.0 and keep many of the same rules while testing out new ones. The NFL is working with the XFL to test out some of their rules in the league first before using them later.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...