Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Audi Field to Host Washington DC Defenders XFL Team in 2020

Ron78

What Will You Do To Support the XFL Franchise in DC?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What Will You Do To Support the XFL Franchise in DC?

• Attend games at Audi Field
    • Watch games at home or in sports bars
    • I will not support this team

On 1/8/2020 at 12:25 PM, TheDoyler23 said:

I think the rules are intriguing without being too gimmicky (besides the two forward pass rule as long as the first is backward...little weird) 

It's not backwards for the first.  The first pass just doesn't have to be lateral or pitch backwards like for a flea flicker.  They can drop back and throw a forward pass and complete it behind the line of scrimmage and that player can then throw a second forward pass behind the line of scrimmage to a receiver downfield.  

The rule change itself is called double forward pass.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Just looked online and the Defenders game is almost sold out. I know Audi Field is pretty modest in size, but it'll look a great on TV.

Anybody going? 

i'll be there today. Again 15 dollar tickets can't go wrong

• Like 1

Would love to watch, but I got **** to do on saturday... football should be sundays forever. Looks like I’ll be watching Dallas play Memphis I think tomorrow...

im not even a fan of Saturday playoff games but for the NFL I’ll rework my schedule..

the afl was fun to watch last year. Despite the players being on a lower level, all the players are at the lower level so it balances out. You don’t get the unbelievable one handed twisting receptions like you do in the NFL, but other than that it mostly looks like any other redskins football game I’ve seen...

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

It's pretty easy to see why these guys never made it in the NFL. QBs are going to be what decides this league. If they can't hit a barn door, people aren't going to watch. Other positions can cover it up pretty well, but AAF had the same problem. No good QBs = no memorable shootouts to show highlights of.