Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will You PLEASE stop breaking Rule 11 (this means quoted tweets, too)

TK

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote pics, gifs, vids, or any large sections of text.
It unnecessarily extends and clutters threads and is annoying. Edit them out. If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post,you can simply highlight text, click the popup that floats over it, and it just quotes that text.  When on mobile, if you quote a post with an image in it, simply tap the image in the quote box to highlight it & hit backspace on your keyboard to delete it.

There has been a huge increase in you guys not following this.

So far I've been pretty lax & just simply edited the Rule into the posts that have broken it. 

From here on, I'm handing out Warning with points. And with points accumulation you may find yourself facing a ban. 

• TK unpinned this topic
  • TK pinned this topic

this is part of reply made to someone in the feedback thread on this matter, and i'm hoping it may be useful to put it here where more might read it and really consider acting cooperatively on what it says:

there are times where the volume of certain rule violations go through the roof and times when only one or two mods seem to be actually checking the board for basic rule violations and times when both overlap, which for quite awhile has been "most of the time" (and the amount of unpaid volunteer moderating time/work actually done is left to each mod)

traditionally,  we run the pinned "hey, damn it, follow this rule"  threads every so often like rick just put up in the tailgate, and has been up in the stadium recently...that usually helps for awhile at least

it always comes back to the same bottom line, unfortunately---we tell people when they register that their first priority here is to learn and follow the rules----unfortunately too many simply decide not to hold themselves responsible for that agreement even though they made it and yet enjoy the results of how this board is run by the unpaid people who keep it going, apparently without much regard for the extra work they generate for those unpaid people putting time, thought, and effort into moderating

though i know almost everyone is quick to praise and appreciate the staff here it would make some of us a lot more happy just to see long time regs adhere to the basic well-known rules and give us a lot less to do, especially of giving out penalties and bans which is very rarely anything but a pain/drag/unwanted deal on our end

• Jumbo changed the title to Will You PLEASE stop breaking Rule 11 (this means quoted tweets, too)
  • Jumbo unpinned this topic

Archived