Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Starting QB 2019???

Renegade7

Who should be the starting QB in 2019???  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the starting QB in 2019???

• Alex Smith
    • Colt McCoy
    • Trade for a Veteran
    • Sign a Veteran
    • First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Non-First Round Pick (2019 draft class)
    • Too Early to Answer
    • I don't know yet
    • We're screwed (at least at QB for 2019)

Keenum seems to be a bit of a forgotten QB at the minute. 

Thinks hes my plan B if the Rosen chatter doesn't turn into anything. Would still draft someone as well.

Rosen plan A still. Come around to that being a great move, based on a reasonable trade price.

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Keenum seems to be a bit of a forgotten QB at the minute. 

Thinks hes my plan B if the Rosen chatter doesn't turn into anything. Would still draft someone as well.

Rosen plan A still. Come around to that being a great move, based on a reasonable trade price.

Judging by twitter most think Rosen is on the trading block.  Eisen being the dissenter.   I'd think the Cards would do better to make a move on this sooner than later with FA looming because in theory it might take more bidders out of the market after signings so they'd lose leverage.

Guess Jax takes Foles.  But I still think whichever team lands Tannehill and Bridgewater or Keenum (am personally not a fan of either one) would likely feel less desperate to trade for a QB.

I think I would be alright with 2 seconds to be honest. Give them this and next years second round picks and be done with it. Our second rounder next year figures to be a pretty decent pick. Rosen is worth the chance. And that trade still allows you to add real playmakers over the next two years in the first round. Second rounders are a crap shoot anyways. 

32 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Judging by twitter most think Rosen is on the trading block.  Eisen being the dissenter.   I'd think the Cards would do better to make a move on this sooner than later with FA looming because in theory it might take more bidders out of the market after signings so they'd lose leverage.

Guess Jax takes Foles.  But I still think whichever team lands Tannehill and Bridgewater or Keenum (am personally not a fan of either one) would likely feel less desperate to trade for a QB.

Some suspect sources (a lot of those around this time of year) saying Skins and Giants going hard after Rosen and Pats are the sleeper who may sneak in.  Then you see stuff like they may keep Rosen as their backup.  Wow, bad idea thinking about RGIII and KC - toxic.  I think some of this is coming from the morning NFL show shows and speculation but FWIW.

If the Redskins love Murray as much as Finlay and Hoffman said they do and that includes post combine.  Casserly kicking in to help 😀 lower trade value. 

3 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Some suspect sources (a lot of those around this time of year) saying Skins and Giants going hard after Rosen and Pats are the sleeper who may sneak in.  Then you see stuff like they may keep Rosen as their backup.  Wow, bad idea thinking about RGIII and KC - toxic.  I think some of this is coming from the morning NFL shows but FWIW.

I am seeing stuff all over the place.  I am not posting all of it because it can make us dizzy.  I've seen a lot more info that Rosen is on the trading block than not.   But yeah some say they haven't made up their mind on taking Murray.  Some say they have.  Some say they are keeping Rosen as the starter or backup.  I'd say most suspect he will be traded.  Will see.

Would think this gets resolved at Murray's pro day next week.  The Cards want to see him throw and all of the other teams interested in a QB will be there too. 

I really don't think the Cards can play this out for too long because the other QB needy teams will want to address the position and so if they want Murray they need to put Rosen on the block whilst the demand is still there and equally if they don't want Murray they are going to need to start shopping the pick unless they are determined to stand pat and take Bosa.  

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Casserly knows the teams that are trying to trade for Rosen.  We know we are one and there is another but he didn't mention who.  In the end, I think the Skins get Rosen.  I'd be shocked if they didn't.  Casserly rated Rosen after Daniel Jones.  I was shocked about that as well.  Again, in the end I think someone is going to pay a 1st rounder for Rosen.  Just guessing.

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Casserly knows the teams that are trying to trade for Rosen.  We know we are one and there is another but he didn't mention who.  In the end, I think the Skins get Rosen.  I'd be shocked if they didn't.  Casserly rated Rosen after Daniel Jones.  I was shocked about that as well.  Again, in the end I think someone is going to pay a 1st rounder for Rosen.  Just guessing.

Casserly admitted weeks ago he ranked Jones high (at least back then) without really watching him.  So he's completely bought into the Cutcliff narrative.  But even if Casserly watched him closely he's not one of the people I trust as for talent evaluation and that goes double for QBs.   I think Jones at best is a marginal starter and at worst a bust.  But I've hammered Jones enough on the draft thread. 😀

Most draft geeks right now have Jones as a 2nd rounder.  Most have Rosen actually ahead of even Haskins.  Not sure I agree.  For me its:  1. Murray  2. Haskins (though I admit I am going on rep with him versus watching him closely, I got to get around to watching him).  3. Lock.  4.  Rosen.  

The next tier to me is Jones, Grier, Stidham, Finley.  Within that group, I wouldn't mind Jones as a flier.  but no way I want Jones with a first round pick.   Don't think I want Rosen for a first rounder either but wouldn't hate it as much as using a first rounder on Jones. 

On 3/4/2019 at 4:07 PM, clskinsfan said:

I am just wondering if you guys were saying the same thing about Goff after his rookie season? He started fewer games than Rosen. But equally stunk up the joint. It is tough to call a guy "garbage" and "terrible" after their rookie season. 

I'll give you that and that's a great counter argument but the reality is Sean McVay is a QB's coach and the Rams are blossoming orginazation with superb leadership that we are not. Do you guys not understand there are more variables here than just "Josh Rosen having potential" This is the Redskins for christ sake . This isn't a place where struggling Quarterbacks with potential come to thrive, it never has been. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Casserly admitted weeks ago he ranked Jones high (at least back then) without really watching him.  So he's completely bought into the Cutcliff narrative.  But even if Casserly watched him closely he's not one of the people I trust as for talent evaluation that goes double for QBs.   I think Jones at best is a marginal starter and at worst a bust.  But I've hammered Jones enough on the draft thread. 😀

Most draft geeks right now has Jones as a 2nd rounder.  Most have Rosen actually ahead of even Haskins.  Not sure I agree.  For me its:  1. Murray  2. Haskins (though I admit I am going on rep with him versus watching his closely, I got to get around to watching him).  3. Lock.  4.  Rosen.  

The next tier to me is Jones, Grier, Stidham, Finley.  Within that group, I wouldn't mind Jones as a flier.  but no way I want Jones with a first round pick.   Don't think I want Rosen for a first rounder either but wouldn't hate it as much as using a first rounder on Jones. 

Agree about Casserly.  With Rosen being shopped now then outcome should come earlier rather than later, I would think.  You?

A.  Redskins O line >>>>> Cardinals O line

B.  Passing weapons is about a draw IMO.

But i am assuming and hoping the Redskins aren't stuck in quick sand with the 2018 roster.  And people who know my posting history know I am not quick to praise this FO.  😀They have many issues which I've outlined to death on the Bruce thread. 

However, their college scouting department is pretty good.  They said to death last off season they will improve their personnel for the running game.  And they did.  This time we are hearing LG and WR.  And I expect they will follow up on it.  So doubt Rosen is purely working with the Redskins 2018 weapons.

But even if I didn't believe in any of this....if they think he's a franchise QB and can be had cheap -- who cares if he's not set up for the kill right away?  Aren't we building for the long haul as opposed to 2019 or bust?  In the context of Dan who typically likes the short term fixes -- this would be a nice change to go young even if it doesn't produce immediate dividends.  

A national media guy was joking today about how Jet fans worship Sam Darnold and they don't blame them for it because he has all the tools.  Darnold showcased talent without the weapons.  Now, they are supposedly working on giving him better weapons.  In addition, some said months back the Jets are more attractive destination than the Redskins if a coaching change happened after last season because they have a young promising QB and we don't. 

My point is finding a young franchise QB is really really really hard.  This team and the Browns and the Lions among others have scars from trying again and again to pull it off.  If Jay or whomever think Rosen has a good chance to be a franchise QB and you can get him cheap both in draft capital and cap room -- its a no brainer to me.  Even if he doesn't get his weapons for whatever reason until 2020.

25 minutes ago, RWJ said:

The Raiders are the team that worry me the most over Rosen.

59 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

Would think this gets resolved at Murray's pro day next week.  The Cards want to see him throw and all of the other teams interested in a QB will be there too. 

I really don't think the Cards can play this out for too long because the other QB needy teams will want to address the position and so if they want Murray they need to put Rosen on the block whilst the demand is still there and equally if they don't want Murray they are going to need to start shopping the pick unless they are determined to stand pat and take Bosa.  

I would think they are staying pat regardless. The reports are they love Bosa. And they arent guaranteed to get him if they move down. But I agree with you that we will see a resolution one way or the other within the next week. 

41 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

And you think the Redskins are going to provide those 2 things to him ?!  I swear sometimes  i think our fanbase & front office are one in the same.

Brother you act like this has been a 3-13 team the past 3 seasons. We are basically a 500 team over that stretch.

22 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

The Raiders are the team that worry me the most over Rosen.

That means they would want/need to trade Carr.  Giants are going to bring the most competition to the Skins for Rosen, I think.

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Brother you act like this has been a 3-13 team the past 3 seasons. We are basically a 500 team over that stretch.

Skins are a constant dumpster fire when you factor in everything -- not just record -- but Gruden's scheme is super QB friendly. Guys are open all the time. Now, they usually get hurt the moment things start to click, but that's a whole other story.

I would definitely take Rosen over Carr. The latter has a huge contract, had one good year, and dinks and dunks a helluva lot for a guy with a big arm. He also appears to wear mascara for some reason. 

12 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Skins are a constant dumpster fire when you factor in everything -- not just record -- but Gruden's scheme is super QB friendly. Guys are open all the time. Now, they usually get hurt the moment things start to click, but that's a whole other story.

I would definitely take Rosen over Carr. The latter has a huge contract, had one good year, and dinks and dunks a helluva lot for a guy with a big arm. He also appears to wear mascara for some reason. 

When you factor in the Washington Post and other "news" yeah they are a dumpster fire. Have they had their share of questionable crap? Yep. But not a whole lot more than any other NFL team. It is just blown out of proportion by the ridiculous media in this city. I am actually pretty happy with the way we have drafted over the past few years. Yes. The Kirk fiasco was a disgrace. But a lot of the other stuff is total BS.

8 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Did I miss something, why is my 49ers' fan buddy texting me that the trade of Rosen to Redskins is done? (unofficially since it can't be official until whenever it is)

Hmmm. Cant find anything on it?

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Hmmm. Cant find anything on it?

He just text me back and said he misread.  Basically CBS sports is saying "Redskins expected to....." as in they think they have a scoop that a deal is in place, but nothing official has been said yet.

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

He just text me back and said he misread.  Basically CBS sports is saying "Redskins expected to....." as in they think they have a scoop that a deal is in place, but nothing official has been said yet.

Not seeing any article by CBS sports saying any such thing at this time via using Google and tools but who knows.  Hope it's true.

37 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The best offer I would give them is our 2nd and we get Rosen and there 4th. 

HTTR 

If I had my choice I'd still like drew lock over Rosen

Something about the way that kid can hit his targets with a flick of his wrist.

His arm motion seems so fluid and effortless, the great ones always make it look easy.

I'll take Rosen as a consolation prize though, certainly much better than going with McCoy, if that happens we're officially tanking.

Archived