skins island connection

Who wins the game?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Shoot-out or Slug-Fest? Who wins?

• Redskins
    • Falcons
    • That thing that goes around your neck when you play dress-up { tie }

12 hours ago, -JB- said:

The Redskins passing offense has been dreadful.  The good thing about this game for the Redskins is that the Falcons entire defense is equally dreadful.  Adrian Peterson is running like a bat out of hell.  He is literally running as if he’s Forrest Gump going to see his mama.  The Redskins OL can manhandle the Falcons interior defenders at the point of attack.  Alex Smith hopefully gets Crowder back this week and opens it up a bit. Chris  Thompson didn’t look close to 100% Vs Giants, so hopefully he’s healed up.  

As for the Falcons offense.  Matt Ryan can pick apart a defense.  Hopefully Quinton Dunbar is back because Greg Stroman is sure to get roasted at least once.  Montae Nicholson concerns me as well because he lacks awareness at times and gets out of position.  Good thing we have DJ Swearinger who is playing at an all-pro level this season.  To act like the Falcons pass game doesn’t concern me would be a lie.  However, this Redskins defensive front is the real deal.  Fans around the league don’t know it yet but they come strapped up and ready to kick ass.  Bulldozing offensive lineman and flinging blocking RB’s like rag dolls in the process.  If the Falcons have a suspect OL I think it’s a nightmare for the Falcons because without Devonte Freeman I cannot see how they can get anything going on the ground.  This Redskins front 7 is that good.

With all that said, it’s time for my prediction and even if Falcons are coming off of a bye, something can be said about momentum and the Redskins have a whole lot of that.  I’m talking steamroller coming down the hill here.  

Redskins 33

Falcons 17

guess you didnt hear we picked up Clinton Dix yet

The thing I'm worried about isn't the deep ball of Ryan, but the short passes, you know, what Smith does.

I'm sure they're well aware of DJ and Norman, and figure instead of taking a lot of chances, throw quickies.

Timing will be their friend, so it has to be disrupted; the d-line will have their pressure, but the secondary will have to take some chances on 2nd & 3rd downs by pressuring them right off the line; get in their faces, give em a solid check, mess up their timing, and then the Redskins will have a chance.

But of all things, zone coverage makes Ryan drool and he will pick apart the secondary. Manusky has to recognize that and stay away from it on long downs.

The Redskins should score more than 20 points this game since Atlanta's defense is much worse than the Cowboys' and Giants' defenses.  On the other hand, Atlanta's offense is much better than the Cowboys' and Giants' offenses so the Redskins will give up a few more points than the previous 17 and 13.

Talk about oversimplification and dumming it down.?

Redskins 23

Falcons 20

Redskins win. Strenth of the Falcons offense versus the strength of the Redskins Defense. Weakness of the Falcons Defense versus the weakness of the Redskins offense. Difference maker will be the Redskins pass rush versus the injured offensive line. Alex gets it going

Redskins 28

Falcons 10

I've picked the Redskins in every game but one.  This is a hard game for me to call.  The Falcons are explosive.  If they jump to a lead do I have confidence that the passing game can keep pace or come back - not at all -- at least not based on what I've seen so far.  If the Redskins conversely jump to a lead and just grind out the clock and keep the Falcons offense off the field with a heavy dose of Adrian Peterson -- yep --the formula also seems for our defense to cause turnovers.  

X factor seems to be to jump ahead not get behind.

Redskins 21 Falcons 20.

Ppl are overrating ATL. They are literally only good at passing and even then, they aren’t the Saints. 

They cant run, can’t defend the pass, can’t defend the run, and have a worse 3rd down defense than the 2016 Skins did. They give up 30 a game. 

I think we win. It’ll be a nail biter but we get a bit more from the passing game 

Falcons 21

Skins 23

Archived