Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bad time to be a Giants fan and today will be more of the same.....

Tom [Giants fan]

I am expecting a blowout in favor of the Redskins.  There will be lots of boos in MetLife today and the rest of the season when the Giants play.  I am still completely baffled by the Harrison trade.  The Giants are probably going to mail it in.  And the OLine is still awful.  The Redskins are going to pressure Eli all day.  The only bright spot is Barkley who has good days despite what is going on around him.  

Good luck today Redskins fans as there is no choice but to hope once again for a very high draft pick and another blockbuster type player.  Not that it is helping!  When was the last time an OLineman was taken first overall?  Oh boy!

3 hours ago, Tom [Giants fan] said:

I am expecting a blowout in favor of the Redskins.  There will be lots of boos in MetLife today and the rest of the season when the Giants play.  I am still completely baffled by the Harrison trade.  The Giants are probably going to mail it in.  And the OLine is still awful.  The Redskins are going to pressure Eli all day.  The only bright spot is Barkley who has good days despite what is going on around him.  

Good luck today Redskins fans as there is no choice but to hope once again for a very high draft pick and another blockbuster type player.  Not that it is helping!  When was the last time an OLineman was taken first overall?  Oh boy!

Hey there ya are..long time no see!!

3 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Redskins offense is not the kind that blows anyone out.  I predicted a 23-17 win, but I have a feeling it will be similar to the Carolina game, and come down to a stop in the 4th quarter.

I was a point off on the prediction..

Your Giants have no hope.  You really botched not drafting a QB this year.  There's no guarantee one of the same quality of this years class; will be available with your Top 5 pick.  You also hired a bland GM and a failed head coach, who did nothing with his time with the Browns. The Giants could be paying for their 2018 mistake for years to come.

9 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Your Giants played with heart, Tom. For a long time, even though the 'skins never trailed they had me worried esp. after the Hopkins miss. 

Giants defense played with heart. Eli is the artery clogging tub of bacon grease grinding it all down. 

Skins D played very well, but our MVP pay be Eli Manning. 

5 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Giants defense played with heart. Eli is the artery clogging tub of bacon grease grinding it all down. 

Skins D played very well, but our MVP pay be Eli Manning. 

Also, I know we were containing him and negating him, but I was surprised how completely the O Coordinator gave up on the running game. Sequan Barkley had a couple of passes, but he may have had less rushes than Josh Doctson had catches.

20 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Also, I know we were containing him and negating him, but I was surprised how completely the O Coordinator gave up on the running game. Sequan Barkley had a couple of passes, but he may have had less rushes than Josh Doctson had catches.

Barkley had 13 carries for 38 yards. 2.9 per carry. We have done this to every back we faced this year except Kamara. This defense is legit.

Let's not make any mistakes about it, Eli is NOT the problem.  The OLine is still atrocious.  And not just because of today.  When Eli has time, he throws a great ball.  But he knows it won't be long before a defender is all over him.  Solder was a waste of money and there isn't much more on that OLine.  The Giants have been pretty competitive in the majority of their games despite having the worst OLine in the NFL.

Congrats to you guys and first place.

@Tom [Giants fan]Giants are going to end up with a top 3, if not the # 1 pick, and draft a QB, and if they’re smart, 3OL in the next 3 rounds.  2 years from now they’ll be back tormenting the Skins.

They have a lot of good parts.  But they lack 2 things: QB and OL.  That’s about death.  Hell, Eli might not be so bad if he wasn’t hurried all the time...

We are slightly better than the Giants right now. Great. But it would not surprise me to see the Giants tear it down, rebuild, and get back to the big game before we do.  A-la, the Rams. In the time since Snyder has owned the team, the Rams went to two Super Bowls (won one), hit rock bottom, rebuilt, and are now the best team in football. All the while, we're mediocre, talking about how the roster is going in the right direction. Etc etc etc..

13 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

@Tom [Giants fan]Giants are going to end up with a top 3, if not the # 1 pick, and draft a QB, and if they’re smart, 3OL in the next 3 rounds.  2 years from now they’ll be back tormenting the Skins.

They have a lot of good parts.  But they lack 2 things: QB and OL.  That’s about death.  Hell, Eli might not be so bad if he wasn’t hurried all the time...

The issue with that is by the time the QB develops, OBJ will be 30 and likely on the decline.And RBs have a short shelf life. And their D needs a complete overhaul. Gettlemen overestimated the crap out of that roster. Drafting Barkley was like buying a Mercedes Benz when your house has a leaky roof, shaky foundation, and termites in the basement.

14 hours ago, Tom [Giants fan] said:

Let's not make any mistakes about it, Eli is NOT the problem.  The OLine is still atrocious.  And not just because of today.  When Eli has time, he throws a great ball.  But he knows it won't be long before a defender is all over him.  Solder was a waste of money and there isn't much more on that OLine.  The Giants have been pretty competitive in the majority of their games despite having the worst OLine in the NFL.

Congrats to you guys and first place.

I've seen a couple of Giants games and would also point to coaching as one of the main liabilities of the team. There were a couple of head scratching calls made in the game before the Skins. The trades made in the week prior to the Skins further confused me (at least the trade of your DT - those guys don't grow on trees). 

Archived