Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The airline experience has become miserable

No Excuses

Passengers behaving badly: 10 of the craziest things that happened on airplanes in 2019

1. Passenger claims men boarded flight with 'emotional support falcons' in viral tweet

2. Passenger delays flight, gets detained after throwing coins at engine for good luck

3. ‘Disgusting' passenger shamed for shaving his head during flight

4. Passenger shamed for putting foot in baby’s face on plane

5. 'Mile high club' couple annoys passengers waiting for airplane bathroom

6. American Airlines passenger pops blister, splashes seatmates with blood

7. 'Plane passenger opens emergency exit for 'a breath of fresh air'

Click on the link for rest and full stories

On 10/30/2019 at 5:15 PM, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I would eat all of that. Spoiled as people. 

Exactly. Buck up buttercup!

On 11/25/2019 at 11:13 PM, China said:

Airlines and Veterans Riled by Conduct Unbecoming a Support Dog

It seemed, in retrospect, a bit of a low point — a medium-size dog racing through an airplane at 30,000 feet, spraying diarrhea toward passengers throughout the cabin.

Click on the link for the full article

So why did this bring to mind the Spewey and Me episode of Get a Life?😂😂😂

American Airlines President: Squeezing More Seats Into Boeing 737s Is “A Real Success”

At the final ‘Crew News’ employee forum of the year a pilot asked American Airlines President Robert Isom about ‘oasis’ cabin modifications and how that relates to the Boeing 737 MAX’s return to service.

American unveiled a new cabin interior with the 737 MAX and has been retrofitting their existing fleet of Boeing 737-800s with this new interior. They paused this retrofit when the MAX was grounded, not wanting to take additional planes out of service. The retrofit program has restarted even though that means American has to cancel more flights than they otherwise would have as a result of the MAX grounding.

“Project Oasis” retrofits mean:

-Less legroom and less underseat storage space in first class, harder seats with less padding, and the elimination of the cabin divider between first and coach.
-Fewer Main Cabin Extra seats, and the ones that remain have less space than before and less comfortable chairs.
-Tighter coach than ever before, with just 30 inches from seat back to seat back. American compensates for reduced space by also reducing padding in the seats and reducing seat recline.

-Squeezing more seats in, partly by reducing the space between seats and partly by shrinking the size of the lavatories, one American Airlines pilot called these new lavatories the most miserable experience in the world.

• Haha 1

2 passengers claim Frontier Airlines ignored their requests for help after they were sexually assaulted

Two female plane passengers allege in a federal lawsuit they were sexually assaulted in separate incidents in 2018 on Frontier Airlines flights and that airline personnel failed to report the incidents to police and help them gather evidence.

The suit, filed in Colorado, relates the two women's accounts of apparently unrelated sexual assaults aboard Frontier flights originating in Denver. Each woman says she was assaulted by a male passenger during a flight, one in October and the other the following month. The accused assailants' names are not listed in the suit.

Both women reported the respective incidents to a flight attendant, according to the lawsuit. But the flight attendants, who also are not named, did not report the incidents to anyone else, did not request law enforcement be contacted to meet the plane upon landing, and did not cooperate or assist the complainants with getting evidence or the identities of the assailants or possible witnesses.

Sexual assault aboard flights is a growing concern for law enforcement. In 2018, the number of sexual assaults reported during commercial airline flights was increasing "at an alarming rate," the FBI said.

FBI investigations into midair sexual assaults increased by 66% from fiscal year 2014 to 2017. The bureau said it had opened 63 investigations into sexual assault on aircraft in 2017, compared with 57 in 2016, 40 in 2015 and 38 in 2014.

At the time, FBI Special Agent David Rodski said the department was not sure why the numbers had increased. He said the bulk of the incidents happen on red-eye overnights, flights of three hours or more where cabin lights might be darkened and instances where alcohol is being consumed.

• 2 weeks later...

Boozy woman, 20, begged men for ‘mile-high club’ sex before biting crew in four-hour rampage on Eithad flight

A BOOZY plane passenger asked men to join her in the "mile high club" before biting crew in a four-hour long rampage.

Demi Burton caused chaos as she flew back to the UK from Abu Dhabi after drinking too much red wine.

The 20-year-old shouted "you may as well just land the plane now then" after being refused any more alcohol on the Etihad flight.

NINTCHDBPICT000552312331.jpg?w=620

A court heard it then took six crew members and passengers to restrain her as she tried to head butt and kick them, and she was arrested when the plane landed in Manchester.

Prosecuting Miss Claire Brocklebank, said: “It appears she was drunk before getting on the flight and she started making a number of inappropriate sexual comments to a number of male passengers on the flight.

“Two in particular remember hearing comments and at first they laughed it off but it then became more and more increasingly inappropriate and she asked them to join the mile-high club."

Albany Airport pays hackers ransom, regains data from computers

COLONIE — Albany International Airport announced this week that its administrative computers had been locked down by a crypto virus on Christmas Day.

Airline, air traffic control and Transportation Security Administration computers all were not affected, so safety and security were never at risk, the Albany County Airport Authority said in a news release issued Friday.

No personal or official data were removed or even accessed from the computers the authority uses to run the airport, so no one was at risk of identity theft. But the authority’s computer data was rendered inaccessible until the authority paid the ransom demanded by the hackers.

“We are back to normal, we were back to normal by [Jan. 6],” airport spokesman Doug Myers said Friday. “We have all our files. We’re relying now on the FBI and the state of New York to investigate.”

The New York State Cyber Command and FBI are both involved in the probe, and computer systems contractor ABS Solutions assisted the authority with recovery.

The authority was alerted to the attack by Schenectady-based LogicalNet, its computer management provider. 

Around 2 a.m. Dec. 25, one of LogicalNet’s servers was compromised by hackers, and the virus was transmitted to the company’s clients, a handful of whom got locked out in the same manner the airport authority did, according to LogicalNet President and CEO Tush Nikollaj, but most were able to recover by using their backup systems.

The airport authority had a backup system, he said, but it shared a drive with the main system, which he explained defeats part of the purpose of having a backup, by making both machines vulnerable to the same attack.

Click on the article for the full article

I went to India last week, (Bangalore, by way of Frankfurt).   I hadn't flown in over 5 years.

I had business class 3 of the 4 legs.... but holy **** does it suck when you do NOT have business class!

from Bangalore to Frankfurt:   i am 6'2 190 pounds.   My workmate/travelmate is 6'8" and very broad for his height.   the Lufthansa coach seats on the 747 for the 11 hour flight were smaller than the tiny coach seats that airlines USED to only use for the shortish hop (DC to chicage, or whatever) flights.   i was on the aisle, and had a tiny woman next to me, but STILL had my shoulders crowded into the aisle.   i am NOT a particularly big guy.   when the guy in front of me reclined his seat, it was about 6 inches in front of my face.    I was near the back of the giant plane (4 or 5 rows  from the absolute back), and my big fat bald head appears to just scream "hand railing" to all the old ladies that went by.... 5 or 6 different people either used my head or shoulder as a handrail as they went by....    

tumblr_muiorvlgXz1scjbypo4_400.gif

and then... ****ing germany.    we had 2 hours until our connection to Dulles.    The lines were split into plebes (coach) and non-plebes.    the plebe lines DID NOT MOVE.   when i finally got to the front, the security guard was laughing because their software had identified my tray with 2 cellphones and a backup battery as a bomb.   

haha :( 

then when i was OJ-ing through the airport, i was identified as a possible bomber, and had to get the full luggage search right outside my gate.... but that din't matter, because my gate had already closed.     (I don;t EVER want to hear about "German Efficiency" again....  )

in the end... 34 hours door to door from Bangalore to McLean  (and the extra time in Germany was only about 4 hours).

flying sucks.    I'm staying home.   

• Like 2

^^Yeah, I hung up my road warrior bag 2 years ago (will be in 6 days) partly due to the ****tiness of air travel. I don't miss it at all. Still have plenty of miles & points with Marriott to keep me flying 1st class for a while & free hotel nights. But I don't miss that weekly travel drudgery. People suck & travel brings out the worst in them.

• Like 1

Just had to change flights for this evening because of rampant airport delays in Charlottesville. Same damn thing happened a month ago and I ended up canceling travel altogether after sitting around an airport for 4+ hours and having the flight get moved to the next morning (it was slightly foggy). I have no idea what the issue today is. It's kind of cloudy? I've flown out of this airport dozens of times and it's usually pretty decent. Never had an issue until last month. I left myself a little wiggle room in the event the late flight tonight is delayed too... I can just drive to my connection in Dulles if the delay hits early enough. 

3 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Just had to change flights for this evening because of rampant airport delays in Charlottesville. Same damn thing happened a month ago and I ended up canceling travel altogether after sitting around an airport for 4+ hours and having the flight get moved to the next morning (it was slightly foggy). I have no idea what the issue today is. It's kind of cloudy? I've flown out of this airport dozens of times and it's usually pretty decent. Never had an issue until last month. I left myself a little wiggle room in the event the late flight tonight is delayed too... I can just drive to my connection in Dulles if the delay hits early enough. 

You'll need to re-book to get on at Dulles. You can't jump on a flight at the connecting airport anymore. 

• Like 1

Just now, EmirOfShmo said:

You'll need to re-book to get on at Dulles. You can't jump on a flight at the connecting airport anymore. 

Yeah I'd have to anyway because my car would be in a different location for the return flight. Just need to get to Newark tonight for an early meeting tomorrow. 😕 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Amtrak is your friend...

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Seriously, take the train. 

Think I’ll try it next time. I’ve taken a couple times before and was way better than flying or driving, BUT last time the train I was on was delayed like 6+ hours. 

1 hour ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Think I’ll try it next time. I’ve taken a couple times before and was way better than flying or driving, BUT last time the train I was on was delayed like 6+ hours. 

Beginning of last year (or maybe 2018), the train i was on hit and killed a person.  Right after it left the station.  

Still better than flying.  :)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Beginning of last year (or maybe 2018), the train i was on hit and killed a person.  Right after it left the station.  

Still better than flying.  :)

Same thing happened to me on a train home from NYC - someone jumped out in front of the train and it stopped us for 2 hours while they cleaned up the scene, etc. Amtrak reimbursed me for the trouble, so I was impressed since it wasn't their fault.

Just now, Barry.Randolphe said:

Same thing happened to me on a train home from NYC - someone jumped out in front of the train and it stopped us for 2 hours while they cleaned up the scene, etc. Amtrak reimbursed me for the trouble, so I was impressed since it wasn't their fault.

Yea, evidently suicide by Acela is somewhat popular.  When it happened to me, they had another train pull up along side and everyone hopped onto that one.  The people on that second train were salty assholes about it.  Luckily for me, during the time between hitting the dude and the second train getting rolling, the one meeting I had to go to NYC for was cancelled, so I hopped off at New Carrollton and went home. 

• Like 1