Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The airline experience has become miserable

No Excuses

6 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

They said on the news this morning that almost all of the current passenger rowdiness is related to wearing masks.

Passenger hauled off flight after 'mask row and putting sex toy in girlfriend's ear'

A Ryanair passenger was hauled off their flight from Portugal following an argument with cabin crew about masks, it has been reported.

In footage following the incident a man can be seen taking his luggage down from the passenger-jet's above-seat lockers under the watchful eye of two police officers.

He is then led off the Ryanair plane, shortly after it touched down in Stansted, Essex, around 9pm on Sunday.

Passengers could be heard saying "see you later, pr***" and "bye c***" as he was taken away.

Someone else on the flight said that the man had been regularly shouting at staff during the three-hour flight from Portugal.

"He was complaining about wearing a mask and shouting very angrily saying he'd get them fired," the witness told MailOnline.

He had thrust a sex toy in his girlfriend's ear at Faro Airport, the witness claimed.

Click on the link for the full article and video

• 4 weeks later...

Provo passenger fined $10,500 for intimidating flight attendant, refusing to wear mask

A passenger flying from Provo, Utah to Mesa, Arizona has been issued a $10,500 fine for allegedly intimidating a flight attendant and violating federal mask regulations.

The Federal Aviation Administration levied the civil penalty as part of $119,000 in total penalties and issued a public service announce where children explain how to behave on an airplane.

The Feb. 27 Allegiant Air flight from Provo included a passenger who allegedly refused to wear a facemask on the flight in compliance with federal travel regulations. Flight attendants instructed the man seven different times to wear the mask properly and he is said to have moved it off his nose as soon as the flight attendant walked away.

The man was then told he needed to cooperate and provide information to fill out a passenger disturbance report. He is said to have argued with the attendant and refused to provide identification and reportedly continued to pull down his face covering, claiming it was fine covering just his mouth.

Click on the link for the full article

On 7/8/2021 at 5:10 PM, China said:

A TikToker responded to a plane passenger's foot on his armrest by pouring water on their bare toes

TikTokers and identical twins Andrew and Ashton Walker posted a video of a strange flight incident.

Someone behind one of the twins put their foot on his armrest, so the TikToker poured water on it.

Click on the link for more

Article literally states that it's twins who posting a video, and only one twin is seen in the video.

Gee I wonder who's foot that is...

Clearly staged.

Fed up with being cursed out and attacked, flight attendants speak out about unruly passengers

They’ve been cursed out, grabbed and even punched in the head.

Flight attendants are now speaking out publicly about the stress of managing increasingly unruly passengers at 35,000 feet, a job that’s gotten more difficult in recent months as passengers return to the skies after months of lockdowns.

The Covid-19 pandemic has forced flight attendants to enforce federal rules requiring masks on planes, a mandate that’s touched a political nerve for many Americans and led to a rise in bad behavior onboard.

“It’s definitely out of control,” said flight attendant Matthew Cook, one of two flight attendants who agreed to speak to CNBC on the record as long as their employer wasn’t identified. “I have apprehensions [about] going to work every day. I have a lot of anxiety.”

Most flight attendants have kept quiet about the rise of unruly passengers out of fear of retaliation by their employers.

“Absolutely, our jobs are getting harder,” said Mitra Amirzadeh, a flight attendant who also works for a major airline. “We had a gate agent that was punched in the head so bad, so severely, that she had to go to the hospital and ended up with a knot the size of an orange ... on top of her forehead.”

Amirzadeh has worked in the industry for six years, including through the pandemic, and said she’s never seen passengers behave this badly.

There have been more than 3,400 reports of unruly passengers so far this year, including more than 2,400 reports of passengers refusing to comply with the federal mask mandate. The agency has proposed more than $682,000 in fines against unruly passengers. 

According to a recent survey by data platform Dynata, 22% of adults said they refuse to wear a mask while flying, while 7% think it’s OK to take frustration out on flight staff.

Only two people cited by TSA for mask violations have agreed to pay fine

Only two people have agreed to pay fines to the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) among more than 2,400 incidents of noncompliance since a federal mask mandate took effect this year, according to new data provided to The Hill.

TSA said it has received referrals concerning 2,413 incidents of possible noncompliance and has completed investigations into 1,793 incidents. 

The agency issued more than 1,690 warning notices and referred 38 matters for civil penalties. Only two individuals did not challenge their fines of $250 each, TSA said in response to a Freedom of Information Act request.

The eye-opening figures come amid an uproar over the federal mask mandate for transportation that has been linked to numerous reports of scuffles and obnoxious behavior by airplane passengers.

“One explanation could be that the people who already violated it to start with are people who feel very strongly to begin with and don’t think the federal government could even mandate something like that. They do it partially as a protest, so it’s not surprising they haven’t paid the fine,” said Retsef Levi, professor at the MIT Sloan School of Management specializing in risk management and analytics. 

At this point don't even subject the flight attendants to the confrontation.  If anything when they do their safety speech at the beginning of each flight, add in something about masks, inform the passengers that their failure to comply will result in 1 warning, and if they continue to fail to comply an Air marshal or police will be waiting for them when they land to be arrested.  

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

Geraldo tries to blame mass flight cancellations on unemployment insurance.

Or mayhaps pilots n flight attendants are sick of all the bull**** from anti mask n vax holes during a pandemic? Nah the culprit is definitely unemployment insurance. 

Overworked and over stressed prolly aint a good combination for flight crews. Best to do the "operational reset" Spirit Airlines is attempting. 

• Like 1

Their low fares are tempting, but do yourself a favor and never fly Spirit or Frontier. They charge you for everything and If anything goes wrong, you’re screwed. From what I hear, they don’t have deals with other airlines so they can’t book you on another flight if your flight is canceled. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Flew to/from Puerto Rico the past week on Southwest and it went off without a hitch.  The airports are pretty damn crowded as if there is no covid or anything, but everyone is masked up.

The only downside is they aren't serving alcohol on the flights.  I couldn't have my usual double Jack/Coke.

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Flew to/from Puerto Rico the past week on Southwest and it went off without a hitch.  The airports are pretty damn crowded as if there is no covid or anything, but everyone is masked up.

The only downside is they aren't serving alcohol on the flights.  I couldn't have my usual double Jack/Coke.

Last time I flew was in '94?  I had a frosty pint of Jager with me.  I was shocked that I knew my own name when my best friend was paging me to get my ass to the Delta counter at Dulles.

Return flight was a thousand times worse.  They closed the bar at halftime of the game, and I had to spend the night in the airport with one joint left.  Truly thought my life was over.  :ols:

• Haha 2

In Unfriendly Skies, Unruly Passenger Fines Top $1 Million

Rowdy airline passengers have now racked up more than $1 million in potential fines this year with federal officials announcing fines against 34 additional individuals.

The FAA said Thursday that the latest round of fines are part of its crackdown against outlandish behavior on U.S. flights.

Alcohol is a common factor. American Airlines on Thursday extended its ban on alcohol sales in the main cabin through Jan. 18, matching federal mask mandates on flights. American sells alcohol in business and first class.

The FAA's latest proposed fines against 34 passengers include two that top $40,000.

In one of the recent incidents, a man threw his carry-on bag at other passengers and put his head up the skirt of a flight attendant before he was restrained with plastic ties. In the other, a man who refused to wear a mask touched another passenger and made stabbing gestures toward others. Crew members had armed themselves with ice mallets for defense before police took him off the plane.

• Thanks 1