Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The airline experience has become miserable

No Excuses

19 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Every commuter terminal at every airport sucks donkey balls. And I've been in most of them as those Embraer jets are used quite often in/out of Richmond. I can't think of one that isn't a ****hole - overcrowded, understaffed, no seating, with ****ty bars/restaurants that close at 830pm. 

what defines it as a "commuter terminal"? because ive only had to use terminal D after cross country flights. maybe that's it's issue - it blends too many flights together. the biggest issue is that its a rundown hallway, whereas a lot of other "commuter terminals" ive been through have been way more wide open

Whatever terminal I flew out of at Dulles the past 2 times was to Grand Cayman and the same one to St. Thomas, and it sucked assholes.

And don't even get me started about arriving.  Takes like 45-60 minutes to get your **** and be outside.  

Then this past time I was waiting to be picked up and the security outside or whatever wasn't doing jack **** to move cars along that were sitting there waiting for people, even though it was clearly marked you can only stop when picking up people.  It was a complete cluster ****.

Next time I go to St. Thomas though it will be out of there since I'll be paying $15 for 3 direct flights round trip on United.

41 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

what defines it as a "commuter terminal"? because ive only had to use terminal D after cross country flights. maybe that's it's issue - it blends too many flights together. the biggest issue is that its a rundown hallway, whereas a lot of other "commuter terminals" ive been through have been way more wide open

I define it as those terminals that service the smaller airports flying Embraer jets or turboprop planes. Usually, these terminals have a gate(s) that board multiple flights through one 'gate' - i.e., you go through gate 51 & then walk (usually outside) past multiple doorways where other flights are boarding until you get to your flight. Depending on the airport, most of these flights board on the tarmac. Yeah, I realize some of the Embraer jets board/deplane from the standard jetways. In a commuter terminal, you typically don't have jetways. 

17 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I define it as those terminals that service the smaller airports flying Embraer jets or turboprop planes. Usually, these terminals have a gate(s) that board multiple flights through one 'gate' - i.e., you go through gate 51 & then walk (usually outside) past multiple doorways where other flights are boarding until you get to your flight. Depending on the airport, most of these flights board on the tarmac. Yeah, I realize some of the Embraer jets board/deplane from the standard jetways. In a commuter terminal, you typically don't have jetways. 

gotcha. then ya, Terminal D is definitely not a commuter terminal

9 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Had the exit row in the flight back last night (no extra charge on Alaska at least for this flight) and hoooooo boy what a difference.

So much leg room. 

I had to pay for it, but when my wife and I flew to Cancun this spring, I paid the extra for the exit row (about $100 for both of us). For a 3 hour flight it was definitely worth the money. 

Edited by GhostofSparta

TSA Is Doubling Fines For Those Who Refuse To Wear A Mask While Flying

President Biden and the Transportation Security Administration are cracking down on those who defy mask mandates on airplanes with one simple message: "If you break the rules, be prepared to pay."

The White House announced Thursday that the TSA will be doubling its fines for travelers who refuse to wear a mask on flights. The new rules went into effect on Friday. First-time offenders now face a fine between $500 and $1,000, while fines for a second offense will range between $1,000 and $3,000, according to a TSA release.

The mask mandate for air travel has also been extended to January. The new TSA rules are part of an action plan Biden revealed Thursday to combat the spread of COVID-19 by making testing more accessible and by strengthening mask mandates nationwide.

Violent disputes over masks became more frequent on flights as lockdowns lifted and airline travel resumed in earnest: The Federal Aviation Administration said last month that more than 70% of incident reports involving disorderly passengers on airplanes this year were related to refusals to wear a mask.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

Couple Kicked off San Diego-Bound JetBlue Over Face-Mask Dispute

An irate man and his wife who did not adhere to wearing face masks properly were kicked off a flight from Fort Lauderdale to San Diego after yelling at flight attendants before takeoff, JetBlue said.

In a video widely circulated on social media, a man was captured yelling at a flight attendant in the middle of the aircraft’s aisle as he was asked to exit the plane for not wearing a face mask. According to the airline, the couple was asked “multiple times but would not comply with the federal mask mandate.”

As the video progressed, the man can be heard claiming he was given one warning.

“I'm a vaccinated person,” he said in the video. “I respect all your rules. Every single one of them, I respect your rules. OK? You gave me one f---ing warning."

JetBlue said the man “became verbally and physically aggressive toward crewmembers before eventually exiting the aircraft.” He was seen in the video demanding the flight attendant to turn around to “face everybody” as he walked toward the employee while pointing his finger.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A JetBlue passenger choked a female flight attendant with his necktie and begged to be shot, report says

An unruly passenger on a JetBlue flight from Boston to San Juan, Puerto Rico, was arrested after he allegedly choked a flight attendant with his necktie while trying to force his way into the plane's ****pit on Wednesday evening, according to CBSN Boston.

Khalil El Dahr reportedly became agitated after a cell phone call he tried to make did not go through, the local media outlet reported. Shortly after, he rushed towards the ****pit of Flight 261, yelling that he wanted to be shot in Spanish and Arabic, investigators said.

A flight attendant opened the ****pit door, CBSN Boston said, and El Dahr proceeded to choke her with his necktie, it is alleged. He then tried to break into the ****pit, the local media outlet said.

El Dahr kicked the flight attendant in the chest while he tightened the necktie and stopped the crew member from breathing, according to an FBI affidavit.

He was restrained by six or seven crew members using neckties, flex cuffs, and seatbelt extensions, CBSN Boston reported.

El Dahr was arrested in Puerto Rico after the flight had landed and faced at least one federal charge of interference with flight crew members, the affidavit says.

He is still in custody in Puerto Rico, The Washington Post reported.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Dan T. said:

^ ^ ^ due to the automatic bleeping, just call the front of a plane a penis pit. Or if you enjoy a mixed drink, call it a penistail. If you went to the University of South Carolina, you’re a Game Penis.

Take it easy, there's no need to go off half-penised. Let's think this through.

• Haha 5

Private jet rage grows as a record number of fliers strain the system, causing plane shortages

Private jet fliers are facing increasing delays, cancellations and lack of available flights as the industry struggles to serve a record number of new fliers, while facing supply chain troubles.

July was the busiest month ever for private jet flights, with more than 300,000 flights, according to Argus International. While business usually cools in the fall, September saw nearly 300,000 flights and Argus projects October’s pace will break the July record.

The flood of new private jet customers — driven by health concerns during the coronavirus pandemic and the rapid creation of wealth — is now taxing an industry geared for slower growth. A shortage of new and used planes, delays getting aircraft parts, crew and pilot shortages, catering snafus, and air traffic problems are combining to create a growing number of delays and cancellations, according to industry executives.

Customers who paid five or six figures for their dream flights are now learning that even private jets encounter delays and logistics problems.

“These are people who spent $200,000 and they want perfection,” said Doug Gollan, founder of Private Jet Card Comparisons, a website that reviews jet card programs.

A Private Jet Card Comparisons survey of private jet fliers found that more than 20% had experienced a service issue in recent months.

• Haha 2

On 9/29/2021 at 3:45 PM, EmirOfShmo said:

Article says this was a Richmond - Philadelphia flight but then says it this was a 737. Now I'm doubting if this actually occurred...🤷‍♂️

https://viewfromthewing.com/how-is-this-even-possible-passenger-drinks-full-sized-liquor-bottle-on-domestic-flight/

Bro you realize there is more than 1 city named Richmond in the country right?

It's also not 4 hours to fly from Richomnd, VA to Philly, PA, so clearly they aren't referring to VA.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

It's also not 4 hours to fly from Richomnd, VA to Philly, PA, so clearly they aren't referring to VA.

It's only about an hour and a half from ATL to Dulles.  Done it too many times to count. 

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Hmmm....I didn't think about that but I'm pretty sure they mean RVA. I've probably traveled through Philly airport about 400-500 times (I traveled for work for ~30 years) & have never seen any other flight arriving/departing there that doesn't go to RIC (Richmond, VA). The 4 hour flight they mentioned threw me which is why I thought the story was BS. Also, the AA flight they mentioned is a RIC-PHL flight. 

• 2 weeks later...

‘When the Kens unite’: Man blocks Black woman from her seat on flight—white flight attendant tries to move her to back of plane

A white male flight attendant was filmed attempting to move a Black woman to the back of the plane after a white man refused to get up from his seat to let her into her seat.

In the TikTok video, which was posted on Oct. 14 by Kali Ranting (@theekali), the flight attendant also asks Ranting for her boarding pass. However, once a Black female flight attendant intervenes, the male passenger gets up from his seat.

Ranting used the hashtag #JetBlue in her caption, implying that the incident occurred on a Jet Blue flight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2021 at 5:20 PM, purbeast said:

Dulles is the worst ****ing airport in existence.

On 10/2/2021 at 3:41 PM, Xameil said:

Newark...hands down

@Xameil wins (although probably nobody traveling out of either of these airports wins, they all lose):

Newark is named America's WORST airport for delayed arrivals - with a QUARTER of all flights arriving late, while Allegiant is named the tardiest airline

A new study reveals which airports in America have the most delayed arrivals - and it's bad news for anyone trying to get to the New York-area by plane. 

Newark Liberty Airport in nearby Northern New Jersey, just across the Hudson River from Manhattan, was named the worst airport for delays, with nearly 25 percent of all flights arriving tardy. 

Unfortunately, the news isn't much better if you cross the border to New York, as LaGuardia finished second-worst and JFK finished tied for 10th. 

Over 22 percent of arrivals at LaGuardia were delayed and over 18 percent at Kennedy, according to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics’s (BTS) ‘Airline On-Time Statistics and Delay Causes.

The study determined both which of the nation's 50 busiest airports and airlines had the best and worst results for on-time arrivals.

I had an opportunity to go to the WFT vs. LV Raiders on December 5th. Told my buddy (who has LVR season tickets) I'm not flying 7+ hours with people I know aren't vaxxed. Especially to Vegas. **** that. It will probably be late next year before I get on a plane again. And that will only be to countries that require vax cards to enter.