No Excuses

The airline experience has become miserable

VIDEO: WOMAN CALLS JETBLUE EMPLOYEE A ‘RAPIST’, SAYS SHE HAS A GUN AT FLORIDA AIRPORT

FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA -  An intoxicated woman had to be restrained by police at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International airport on Sunday after screaming at a JetBlue employee and threatening that she had a gun.

Video of the incident was posted to Instagram by Dre London. 

Click on the link for the full article

Sorry...that's more on the customs rules than the airline. I've had colleagues have the same issue with other airlines when they have to land somewhere unexpected on international flights. 

Did you hear about the woman who got fined $500 because she brought an apple into the country she got on a flight from Paris?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/540655002

International laws in flying SUCK.

Edited by Xameil

3 hours ago, Xameil said:

Sorry...that's more on the customs rules than the airline. I've had colleagues have the same issue with other airlines when they have to land somewhere unexpected on international flights. 

Did you hear about the woman who got fined $500 because she brought an apple into the country she got on a flight from Paris?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/540655002

International laws in flying SUCK.

The plane not being able to take off because of mechanical issues and then door breaking and remaining open in frigid weather is 100% on the airline. They aren’t stuck on the tarmac for 14 hours, exposed to the elements, if UA doesn’t run third rate planes.

Edited by No Excuses

There's something about flying that makes people crazy. 

I flew last weekend and there was some lady trying to board early (ahead of her group?) that was going crazy on customer service and then was very rude as in, "Thanks for NOT HELPING!" I didn't understand the situation but she had some type of carry-on with team uniforms that they weren't allowed to check -- think they were offering to gate-check it for free. 

7 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The plane not being able to take off because of mechanical issues and then door breaking and remaining open in frigid weather is 100% on the airline. They aren’t stuck on the tarmac for 14 hours, exposed to the elements, if UA doesn’t run third rate planes.

Ok..see your point there...but again...all airlines have the same quality planes...at least in the US. I travel quite frequently and some of th nicest planes I've been on are in Asia.

1 minute ago, Fergasun said:

There's something about flying that makes people crazy. 

I flew last weekend and there was some lady trying to board early (ahead of her group?) that was going crazy on customer service and then was very rude as in, "Thanks for NOT HELPING!" I didn't understand the situation but she had some type of carry-on with team uniforms that they weren't allowed to check -- think they were offering to gate-check it for free. 

I see this more times then I can count. Or the person bringing on an object that is WAY too big to bring in the plane and arguing for 10 minutes in why it needs to be on the plane and not checked.

29 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I see this more times then I can count. Or the person bringing on an object that is WAY too big to bring in the plane and arguing for 10 minutes in why it needs to be on the plane and not checked.

I now right!! You see this little boxes you're SUPPOSED to see if your carry on fits in??  Nobody bothering with that ish!!  It's amazing the size of "carry ons" people try to mash in there.

On 1/8/2019 at 10:18 PM, China said:

VIDEO: WOMAN CALLS JETBLUE EMPLOYEE A ‘RAPIST’, SAYS SHE HAS A GUN AT FLORIDA AIRPORT

FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA -  An intoxicated woman had to be restrained by police at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International airport on Sunday after screaming at a JetBlue employee and threatening that she had a gun.

JetBlue's competitor could use this video footage as a perfect prelude to their "Wanna Get Away ?" slogan.

Airline algorithms may be keeping you from sitting together

The concept of "dark patterns" might make you think of some kind of rip in the fabric of spacetime.

But it's much more banal than that—and probably more irritating.

Here's an example: You want to go on a trip with your family. So you book your tickets online, expecting that the three of you will get seats together. But you don't—they appear to have been generated randomly. Now, in order to sit together, you have to pay the airline for the "privilege" of sitting together.

This kind of insidious coding is what UX design consultant Harry Brignull calls a dark pattern, "where you're trying to do one thing, and the service tricks you into doing another thing that you weren't expecting."

Brignull runs a website where he posts examples of dark patterns, as a way of publicly shaming companies for "naughty" practices, he said.

Low-cost airlines like Ireland's Ryanair have been called out for allegedly separating passengers travelling together, even when a flight isn't close to being full. And then travellers have to pay a fee to re-arrange their seats.