Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pathetic crowds at home opener

skins2victory

14 minutes ago, Kurd Cudins said:

Although I am for a total boycott, I have to pose a question. Is it good having 80,000 plus Skins fans when they are yelling at the top of their lungs while we are on offense? Our fan base is ****ing dumb.

The smart fans don't spend money going to FedEx or don't really follow the team anymore.

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

That game against the Colts was not fun and it was the Redskins fault, but the reaction, the overarching defeatism... we own part of that.

For years, pretty much 2004 through last year, I got 1-2 games a year from a guy I used to work with.  His family has $$$, he’s a Giants fan but his uncle wanted to keep these season tix in the fam forever.  So he buys them every year and sells them to people he knows, at a loss too as he only charged me face value no tax/fees and free parking.  So my seats were always dead in the middle of primarily the same people (STH) at least for early season games.

They would cheer, stand up and get loud on defense, all that.  But they still had the defeatism you speak of.  While they would applaud the good things, they were always waiting for the darkness around the corner.

But that’s what this team has done to people.  Folks who spend thousands of dollars year after year to support this team that have made that sad walk out, being made fun of by opposing teams fans, spending an additional few hours in traffic on top of it.  I only went once or twice a season and the losing was just freaking miserable.  In a way, you have to blame them for continuing to spend their money on this product.  But if not for folks like them, imagine how pathetic that stadium looks?  

30 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

New England's probably nice to visit too, but who wants to pay through the nose to go up there and watch their team get curb stomped??

I went to the Skins-Patriots game up there in 2015, and really, one of the main attractions was because that will probably be the last time the Skins play there during the Brady/Belichick run (of course with TB #12, who knows). Was curious about what the atmosphere would be like for a team in the midst of a dynasty (heck, we probably won't see another one like it in the NFL in most of our lifetimes).  Anyway, the Pats fans were pretty cool, and sort of displayed a quiet arrogance, as they didn't view the Skins as a threat to challenge the Pats that day in the least......and we didn't.....I think they even did an onsides kick early in the game. But simple things like playing classic rock and pop songs that appeal to the fanbase went a long way towards a positive atmosphere up there, IMO.

We had 69% of the seats filled. Lowest in the league, even below the LA Chargers. If you assume that atleast 20% of those seats were Colts fans, then essentially less than 50% of our seats were filled with Skins fans. Looks like people are waking up

Edit: Apologies, the LA Rams are the ones struggling percentage wise filling their seats, not the Chargers. Chargers stadium holds like 27,000 people ?

23 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

We had 69% of the seats filled. Lowest in the league, even below the LA Chargers. If you assume that atleast 20% of those seats were Colts fans, then essentially less than 50% of our seats were filled with Skins fans. Looks like people are waking up

If there were in fact 57K there (who knows), it was probably more than 69 percent because I don't think the seating or standing or whatever capacity at FedEx is 82K anymore, especially with the UL SROs unavailable and I think some of the cave seats are not being sold either.

But it definitely was a noticeably lighter crowd for sure.

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

If there were in fact 57K there (who knows), it was probably more than 69 percent because I don't think the seating or standing or whatever capacity at FedEx is 82K anymore, especially with the UL SROs unavailable and I think some of the cave seats are not being sold either.

But it definitely was a noticeably lighter crowd for sure.

Straight from espn.com, here's the listing. It's an eye opener, and the Bengals are really struggling to fill seats as well and they look really good this year. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance

24 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Straight from espn.com, here's the listing. It's an eye opener, and the Bengals are really struggling to fill seats as well and they look really good this year. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance

Well, its another example of bad/dated information being used. If you look at some years earlier this decade, the Skins percentages were still based off of a 92K capacity, even though the team had been ripping seats out of the place.

I can see why the Bengals would be struggling. How long has Marvin Lewis been there, and what has he accomplished?

5 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Well, its another example of bad/dated information being used. If you look at some years earlier this decade, the Skins percentages were still based off of a 92K capacity, even though the team had been ripping seats out of the place.

I can see why the Bengals would be struggling. How long has Marvin Lewis been there, and what has he accomplished?

How many seats does FedEx field have now then? The numbers are correct if we have 82,000 seats. 

11 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

How many seats does FedEx field have now then? The numbers are correct if we have 82,000 seats. 

BY, the number at the high point was just shy of 92K.  However, they tarped off a couple thousand seats in the club level (there were seats there, then was converted to a standing room area in 2010, I think, but has been closed off and tarped since then).  Then I would estimate they have ripped out at least 15K seats in the upper deck since 2011. Now, they were probably counting the upper level SRO area (where some of the removed seats has been) to arrive at the 82K, but someone said they aren't selling the UL SRO anymore (those sections are not available on Stubhub).

I think the present spectator capacity of the place is no more than 75K.

10 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

BY, the number at the high point was just shy of 92K.  However, they tarped off a couple thousand seats in the club level (there were seats there, then was converted to a standing room area in 2010, I think, but has been closed off and tarped since then).  Then I would estimate they have ripped out at least 15K seats in the upper deck since 2011. Now, they were probably counting the upper level SRO area (where some of the removed seats has been) to arrive at the 82K, but someone said they aren't selling the UL SRO anymore (those sections are not available on Stubhub).

I think the present spectator capacity of the place is no more than 75K.

So basically the stadium is still 69% full. With all the repairs being done on the stadium Band-aid should be the sponsor for it. Realistically they're going to have to continue ripping seats out. Is there any reason why the yellow and red seats are scattered across in such a random/ridiculous way? Is it to create an optical illusion of fans wearing red and yellow shirts? It's not working if thats the case. ?

9 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

So basically the stadium is still 69% full. With all the repairs being done on the stadium Band-aid should be the sponsor for it. Realistically they're going to have to continue ripping seats out. Is there any reason why the yellow and red seats are scattered across in such a random/ridiculous way? Is it to create an optical illusion of fans wearing red and yellow shirts? It's not working if thats the case. ?

At some point Snyder offered (and may still offer the option for those who have money to light on fire to purchase club contracts) club seat STH the option of replacing the original yellow seats with a red padded seat with their name on it.  Cost like $200 per seat, IIRC.  I think ithe checkerboard club level seating area looks ridiculous.

I personally don't believe the Skins will take any more seats out of the upper deck. They have lopped eight rows off of the six (?) sections on each side of the stadium closest to midfield and of course considerably more in other sections.

5 hours ago, Kurd Cudins said:

Although I am for a total boycott, I have to pose a question. Is it good having 80,000 plus Skins fans when they are yelling at the top of their lungs while we are on offense? Our fan base is ****ing dumb.

So. ****ing. True. 

As someone who flies in from the Midwest periodically for games, it NEVER ceases to amaze me how dumb the fans are at games. 

5 hours ago, Kurd Cudins said:

My guess is its the opposing fans yelling at the top of their lungs while we are on offense.

So I'm watching the Browns Jets right now and what appears to be a sold out stadium and a rabid crowd ( all cheers no boo's). Since the Browns haven't literally won since like 2016 i guess their fanbase treats every game like the Superbowl. So I had this horrifying thought what if Snyder tries this technique with the Redskins. Purposely sink this team to Cleveland Brown status to start selling out home games and get us excited again....Excited to win a single game....

Yes folks I'v entered CRAZY TOWN

giphy.gif

47 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

So I'm watching the Browns Jets right now and what appears to be a sold out stadium and a rabid crowd ( all cheers no boo's). Since the Browns haven't literally won since like 2016 i guess their fanbase treats every game like the Superbowl. So I had this horrifying thought what if Snyder tries this technique with the Redskins. Purposely sink this team to Cleveland Brown status to start selling out home games and get us excited again....Excited to win a single game....

Yes folks I'v entered CRAZY TOWN

giphy.gif

It’s because the Browns have only sucked. Sure they have sucked ass and really hard, but they aren’t a comic **** show of incompetence that is one of the biggest jokes in sports history. they just  haven’t been good. 

And they have a solid defense and several reasons to be excited and hopeful about their future, far more than we do 

A team that won 1 game in 2 years "hopeful about future" ?

Might I remind you that we had 2 pretty good offseasons in the last two years. Drafting Allen, Payne, and Guice. But now we're supposed to cower in fear of the Browns? Yeah. I mean I saw that narrative about the Browns having a bright future somewhere else; I ain't buy it. We continue having good drafts, we'll have a good future too...

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It’s because the Browns have only sucked. Sure they have sucked ass and really hard, but they aren’t a comic **** show of incompetence that is one of the biggest jokes in sports history. they just  haven’t been good. 

And they have a solid defense and several reasons to be excited and hopeful about their future, far more than we do 

Exactly 

Sucking on the field is one thing. Sucking off the field in the most spectacular ways possible is another 

I’m ****ing tired of the antics 

Archived