Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

Riddle me this, Batman: You take a running back #2 overall. The guy shows he can make some amazing plays. You have 1st and goal inside the 5, and you throw the ball twice to settle for a FG?

Why? Even the Giants have to know Eli is washed up by this point, why not run Barkley 4 times inside the 5?

6 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

Riddle me this, Batman: You take a running back #2 overall. The guy shows he can make some amazing plays. You have 1st and goal inside the 5, and you throw the ball twice to settle for a FG?

Why? Even the Giants have to know Eli is washed up by this point, why not run Barkley 4 times inside the 5?

Actually, being a Penn State fan and having watched his college career, he's not that great at the tough inside yards, despite how much the announcers are drooling over his thighs.  I mean, he can do the "leap the pile" thing from the one, but going up the gut has never been his best attribute.

11 minutes ago, TK said:

That was Aladdin? I thought it was a Bollywood version of Raiders of the Lost Ark. 

Yes, Aladdin.  Can’t wait to see what the live action genie looks like.  Will they just paint Will Smith blue?  

Also, if any Indiana Jones Movie needed a Bollywood dance sequence, it’s Temple of Doom.  No contest.

26 minutes ago, Forehead said:

Actually, being a Penn State fan and having watched his college career, he's not that great at the tough inside yards, despite how much the announcers are drooling over his thighs.  I mean, he can do the "leap the pile" thing from the one, but going up the gut has never been his best attribute.

Who says it has to be "up the gut", just because they're at the 5 ?

16 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Who says it has to be "up the gut", just because they're at the 5 ?

Just a personal opinion, and having watched him for years, that the Barry Sanders type dancing he does, best in space, doesn't work as well on a shortened field.

1 minute ago, Forehead said:

Just a personal opinion, and having watched him for years, that the Barry Sanders type dancing he does, best in space, doesn't work as well on a shortened field.

I see what you're sayin and can respect someone who's watched his college ball. I just thought they might still be able to get him a little open space from the 5, on a few types of plays.

8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Is anyone at least a little surprised that the Giants are 1-5, and so terribly bad ?

I mean, I didn't expect them to go from worst to first, but I thought they'd improve some from last year.

Not just Barkley, but they get Beckham back who was injured most of last year, and they improved the OLine, etc.

Eli.

28 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The Giants are awful but you just KNOW against us they'll play with every fiber of being in their body, their absolute hearts out, and will beat us at least once if not twice.

We beat them once last year, and should’ve been twice if not for Gruden calling an awful game and Kirk and the rest of the offense playing horribly. I feel good about our chances of a sweep this season. 

Archived