Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

Just now, NickyJ said:

Griffin lit it up far brighter than Watson. The rookie of the year award wasn't handed out just for fun. Neither was making the playoffs. Both were awful their second year.

Nonsense, read option and slant routing people to death doesn't compare to amount of yards and tds Watson was throwing for last year.  He was run away ROY before he got hurt

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WatsDe00/gamelog/2017/

They just showed a graphics that Watson has thrown for three 300 yard games in a row in his second season, Griffin STILL hasn't done that and hes been in and out the league for 6 years now.

3 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

They nearly lost to the Cowboys, and they came in 1-2. I've seen this movie before.

1-3 actually. Not 1-2 (if you’re talking about Texans), so Wrong on that count, AND wrong on saying 5 games in that Watson “was awful” his 2nd year. You can PREDICT he will finish with a bad year. But saying he HAD a bad 2nd year. When the season is not even over, is 100% false ??

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Hey be nice...Probably 99% of fans of other teams, say the same thing when they hear the name Colt McCoy.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the only people who aren’t surprised McCoy is in the league are Jay and Bruce. Hell,  I’m surprised. 

Chris Collinsworth is a fool.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Nonsense, read option and slant routing people to death doesn't compare to amount of yards and tds Watson was throwing for last year.  He was run away ROY before he got hurt

They just showed a graphics that Watson has thrown for three 300 yard games in a row in his second season, Griffin STILL hasn't done that and hes been in and out the league for 6 years now.

Um, Griffin also did it...and also did it in his 2nd year lol,,

11 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

They nearly lost to the Cowboys, and they came in 1-2. I've seen this movie before.

Ya, like Jared Goff and the Rams.

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Um, Griffin also did it...and also did it in his 2nd year lol,,

You sure about that?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GrifRo01/gamelog/2012/

Edit: I'm wrong, I misresd his 2013 stats did it his second year, but he didn't do it his ROY season that was being compared to Watsons.

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You sure about that?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GrifRo01/gamelog/2012/

Edit: I'm wrong, I misresd his 2013 stats did it his second year, but he didn't do it his ROY season that was being compared to Watsons.

yeah but Watson didn't do it in his rookie season either lol...so it's kinda moot.

There is one area where Griffin definitely did better than Watson in their rookie seasons: staying healthy lol...ironic, huh.

Just now, Califan007 said:

I'm not trying to debate him, either lol...I pointed out that his claim that Griffin "STiLL hasn't done that" was false.

Ya, I was wrong on that, you caught me

prison-convicted-topic-man-hands-handcuffs-isolated-white-background-studio-put-handcuffs-killer-54978294.thumb.jpg.1bd3ecebe7a1df73a7be9124b1f37d0c.jpg

Whoever, anyone want to say Watson is not already better then Griffin, I don't agree.  He's already making throws Griffin couldn't, actually looks like a QB that could run a pro style offense, did from the first game he went out there.

30 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

yeah but Watson didn't do it in his rookie season either lol...so it's kinda moot.

There is one area where Griffin definitely did better than Watson in their rookie seasons: staying healthy lol...ironic, huh.

That is umm..lol, Subject to debate.  I'd argue Griffin should've stopped playing after the Ravens game, might kf saved his career here in DC.  But he was scared to lose the job to Cousins, which ironicly happened anyway.

The point I was trying to make with stats but failed horribly at was that Watson is a far better QB then Griffin.  2012 was very Gimmicky, but it worked for the most part.  That's not what Watson was doing last year, it wasn't smoke and mirrors. He wouldve won ROY same way Wentz would of won MVP if they didn't both get hurt last year, they were borderline unstoppable.

The resemblance that scares me is him trying to get extra yards while challenging multiple defensive players at the same time.  That is career suicide.  He also doesn't like a muppet when he runs and gets hit, and while I know that's not a stat, its an observation seared in my head of Griffin. 

Until Watson had a game like that one Griffin had at home against Tampa where I think most of realised this might not work, Watson >>>> Griffin

53 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

"Yeah but read option" doesn't change the fact that he has still managed to look as pedestrian as Griffin after a stellar first season. Watson was one Dak away from being tied for last with the 1 win Colts in the division.

Speaking of which, the loss to the Colts is feeling even more embarrassing with them being at 1-4.

52 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

1-3 actually. Not 1-2 (if you’re talking about Texans), so Wrong on that count, AND wrong on saying 5 games in that Watson “was awful” his 2nd year. You can PREDICT he will finish with a bad year. But saying he HAD a bad 2nd year. When the season is not even over, is 100% false ??

I initially meant to say that he was starting the season bad, as Griffin did. I'm sticking to my guns though. The Cowboys dropping dead for them and still nearly beating them does not make me think Watson is getting better lol

48 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Goff improved under a new head coach. Watson has gotten worse under the same one. They're not even close lol

14 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

"Yeah but read option" doesn't change the fact that he has still managed to look as pedestrian as Griffin after a stellar first season. Watson was one Dak away from being tied for last with the 1 win Colts in the division.

Speaking of which, the loss to the Colts is feeling even more embarrassing with them being at 1-4.

You aren't seriously judging Watson by the record of the team right now, are you?  He's 9th in passing yards per game this season, has a 93.5 passer rating, 6th in passing yards per play, his completion percentage is only 1% under Mahomes right now, do I need to keep going? I can if you want, or even go find Griffins 2013 stats.

I initially meant to say that he was starting the season bad, as Griffin did. I'm sticking to my guns though. The Cowboys dropping dead for them and still nearly beating them does not make me think Watson is getting better lol

I still think you are making a mistake by equating Watson's play to that of the entire team, or vice versa.  I watched the game too, for me, and I'll say it again, that game is a completely different score with better play calling especially in the redzone.  I mean, FFS, Watson had nearly 400 yards passing tonight, more then twice as many passing first downs as dallas and six trips into the redzone.  That score only looked close because the Texans weren't getting TDs, I'd say Dallas defense is underrated and OBrien is straight f'ing up as a play caller right now, too cute and not efficient when he needs to be. Not that Watson sucks or seriously regressing, hell no.

Goff improved under a new head coach. Watson has gotten worse under the same one. They're not even close lol

McVay would run circles around O'Brien in regards to QB development.  Look no further then the difference between McVay Goff and Jeff Fisher Goff.  Put Watson with McVay, what are you expectations?  And what exactly do you mean Watson got worse then last year?  

image.png.80296cdcd4c6ecdb5c7f80b8652375ac.png

I'd say Griffin's "dropoff" was far more noticeable both in film and in stats from his rookie to sophomore year:

image.png.21b08e5b76180eaf26b5bc45935811fc.png

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Trifecta complete, now its our turn

Yep, the Redskins have a golden opportunity here.

They win against the Saints tonight, and they will be two games up on everyone in NFC East, or a game and a half, anyway. :)

That doesn't necessarily mean a ton this early in the season, but it's still a great place to be. :)

7 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

Wow Collinsworth. You must not watch football much. Aside from a couple of plays, the offenses in that game were pretty brutal. I guess late throws and missing wide open guys and really stupid play calls by coaches are great football to him. 

He must have felt like a manure salesman... selling **** can be difficult.  But otherwise, I can't stand Collinsworth - he's so terrible.

10 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Stop it, are you trying to play semantics intentionally?  I might of stayed if they said more and let me do more cybersecurity.  McVay might of stayed if we offered him HC duties.  Champ and Haynesworth made it clear they didn't want to be here anymore no matter what, that got ugly and personal, it doesn't compare.  

You aren't getting it. Its probably my delivery method. Its biting commentary wrapped in a squishy breading. As it is ineffective on my part, I'll do as you request and stop it.  :)

Archived