Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Heck of a game.  Reid shouldn’t have gotten greedy and botched that FG opportunity at the end of the first half.

I think letting Brady waltz in the end zone after having him wrapped up for the sack was a killer. I feel bad for defenders today. The game has gotten very soft.

3 hours ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Don't speak too soon.  Tho they do not have a very good defense so NE probably scores at will

2 hours ago, zskins said:

Ummmm.... you were saying... :806:

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Spoke too soon it looks like :P 

I'm just gonna quote these, act all smug, and pretend I didn't feel sick when the Tyreek got his last TD.

2 hours ago, zskins said:

When do we play the Pats next? ... lol

Uhhh....i think next season? But it’s at FedEx, not in New England which is what @Warhead36 was referring to. Not sure what Alex Smith’s overall record against Brady/the patriots is though. 

54 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I'm just gonna quote these, act all smug, and pretend I didn't feel sick when the Tyreek got his last TD.

Touché :P 

also i heard that the game was the first time an nfl game has ended with a score of 43-40 (not sure if that’s regulation or just in general). I tried doing research on that but i was like yeah even I have no time to do that? anyone else wanna find out?

36 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Uhhh....i think next season? But it’s at FedEx, not in New England which is what @Warhead36 was referring to. Not sure what Alex Smith’s overall record against Brady/the patriots is though. 

Touché :P 

also i heard that the game was the first time an nfl game has ended with a score of 43-40 (not sure if that’s regulation or just in general). I tried doing research on that but i was like yeah even I have no time to do that? anyone else wanna find out?

Yea thats what they said at the end of the game

8 hours ago, Destino said:

Should have let Gronk score.  Tackling him ended the game.  

Players never think about those things. There are some instances where teams are on in the red zone and coaches tell players to let them score. But I don’t think very many players on the field are ever thinking they should let someone score. They believe they can always get a stop or turnover to change the game. 

But you are 100% right. The only way they have a shot to win is to get the ball back. 

15 hours ago, AJ* said:

I think letting Brady waltz in the end zone after having him wrapped up for the sack was a killer. I feel bad for defenders today. The game has gotten very soft.

Very frustrating for the defensive players.  But in the end, I don't think it changed the outcome of the drive any.  There was a defensive holding penalty, so even if Brady was sacked on the play, the Pats would have had 1st and goal at the 1.

Jimmy G doesnt get hurt and Kyle is in the playoffs, I'm a believer after way last year ended for them and this game. Impressive.

42 minutes ago, D’Pablo said:

You think the niners would take a 2nd for Beathard? 

I wouldn't, didn't Jimmy G get hurt in New England while Brady was out and fbats why the 3rd stringer was in there for like 2-3 games?  Until he can prove to stay healthy, keep him, ya never know.

Archived