Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Going Commando

And White just bested him, by .02. I’m of the BPA persuasion, but this year with the hope that BPA in round 1 might align with one of our many offensive needs. However, man would an ILB like White be transformative for this defense. Too bad that it’s increasingly unlikely that he’ll make it out of the top 10. 

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Devin Bush at 4.44 is great. Only watched one of his games where I didn't get the hype but it was only one game.  I like what I read about him -- reports that he's a London Fletcher type, undersized liked him, good captain on the field, anticipates where the play is going, etc.  People say Zach Brown is a speed freak and Zach ran a 4.5 40.   Some say he has much better instincts than Devin White.  But I haven't dived into watching that myself.  I've watched more Devin White. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

White's time is great.  Am surprised Winovich ran that well -- good for him.  I liked Pratt eons back but haven't talked about him in a long time, I'd need to refresh. 

Love Pratt. I'm a little happy his time wasn't the best. He may fall. Would be a steal in the 3rd. He was recruited as a safety and his hips are great. He's a very fluid athlete and still has size at 6'2" and 240. I think he's a perfect modern LB in terms of coverage ability. I posted video earlier in the threat, but against Clemson, NC State had Pratt walking outside and lining up in man coverage on WR's. He plays faster than his time. 

Winovich made some money. 

10 minutes ago, Stormy said:

And White just bested him, by .02. I’m of the BPA persuasion, but this year with the hope that BPA in round 1 might align with one of our many offensive needs. However, man would an ILB like White be transformative for this defense. Too bad that it’s increasingly unlikely that he’ll make it out of the top 10. 

I like White, too among others.  One of these guys though has to drop -- the numbers don't fit everyone in before 15

I'd say for sure we got

R. Gary

J. Allen

M. Sweat

D. Haskins

K. Murray

Lock or Jones doubt both but you never know

J. Bosa

Q. Williams

E. Oliver

Usually 2 O lineman go: J. Taylor, C. Ford, J. Williams

Usually at least 1 CB:  b. Murphy, G. Williams, D. Baker

Sounds like good chance they go

B. Burns or Polite (reading that Polite had hamstring issues and will fix his 40 time at his pro day)

D. Metcalf  (seen him top 15 before in some mocks, does this combine ensure he does?)

Fant or Hockenson

D. White

I've seen D. Lawrence occasionally in the top 15 (usually he isn't) but wonder if his big combine has someone take him early. 

Something has to give where someone unexpected is going to drop.  It reminds me of the draft special Jon Gruden once did with Kiper where Gruden goes to Kiper hey everyone you talk up as a 2nd rounder, by my count we are going to have 50 guys going in the 2nd round this year. 

23 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Devin White 4.42

Germaine Pratt 4.58

Chase Winnovich 4.59 1.57 10 yard split. 

Was just thinking of posting about Winovich, but I hadn’t seen his 10 yard split - good find.  Given his backside pursuit, I’m not too surprised by that time.  3 cone/shuttle will be interesting for him.  I’d love to take him in the 2nd - I like him a lot more than I did Trent Murphy or Preston Smith.  Gustin’s 4.71 wasn’t bad either, but it’s the same deal as Winovich; I want to see his other times.  

Looking at some mocks, they’re already quite variable in that top 15 and now with Burns, Sweat, Metcalf in the mix... it’s going to be interesting to see who ‘falls’.  Short of a G prospect or Murray/Lock, I think I’d likely try to trade back - I’d have trouble taking a lot of these other guys considering we could wind up with a starting G later (Lindstrom, Risner, etc.) and add a pick or two to pick from a solid pool of players.  

@Skinsinparadise Ha!  I was thinking of you when I posted that last paragraph and lo and behold, you’re posting about it as I was finalizing mine.  Meant to add Hockenson in that “I’d like them at 15” group.  Of course, we could get a good TE in the 3rd/4th too (and instead use that pick to move down for extra picks).  

Edit: Gustin’s just changed to a 4.69, even better. :)

42 minutes ago, Stormy said:

Yeah I think a guy who can play Mike MLB -- especially a Fletcher leader type which White is supposed to be -- could be the needed kicker to make this defense really good.  I commented during the season the fact that the Cowboys had TWO special MLBs elevates their defense to another strata over ours.  White would bring some serious athleticism and attitude to the front 7.  And him being a high character guy and behind the scenes leader type might help keep Reuben Foster on the straight and narrow. 

If I recall Winovich was pushed hard by skinny21.  I wasn't as enthusiastic but I agreed that he'd be intriguing.  Besides his pass rushing skills -- I like his leadership style from what I've noticed and read about and the dude is a fun character, too.  He's be the Derrius Guice of the defense as far as fan favorites - I think.   Considering his athleticism was one of the big question marks about him -- you'd figure today was big for him.  He was already known as a good run stopper.  but looks like he has the athleticism in the mix of the soup to rush the passer. 

@Skinsinparadise Yeah, I’m afraid Winovich is out of our range now (in the 2nd), but who knows.  Loved his tape - with his athleticism, motor and hand usage, he just never really let blockers stick.  In hindsight, I’m guessing people thought I was crazy for saying I’d be happy with him at 15.  To be fair, that’s probably a bit too high for him because he lacks the bend that attracts attention, but I’m interested to see when he goes.  

Interesting to me that Polite kinda screwed himself over, because his teammate, Cece Jefferson is doing the same with really poor speed times (and 108 in the broad jump... Geez)

Banogu I just really didn’t see much on tape, even though I’d read he was athletic (his broad jump was ridiculous).  Looking like maybe a matter of just getting coached up?  He’s helping himself for sure though.  

Granderson is who I thought he was.  I’ll leave it at that.  

5 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

One more thing about Metcalf, his 10 yeard split was better than Tyreek Hill, Odell Beckham, Brandin Cooks and Julio Jones. Metcalf posted a 1.45 and the others a 1.5. Desean Jackson and TY Hilton ran a 1.53 10 yard split. Just monstrous out of the gate

That dude has Bo Jackson-like musculature.  Immense natural power and explosiveness in those legs.  Tremendous upperbody strength too.  Not even NFL DBs are going to be able to press cover him.  He'll have  to be played with off zones and brackets with a high safety.

He's the best athlete in a class that also has Montez Sweat, Devin White, Noah Fant, Ed Oliver, and Quinnen Williams.

Listening to Hoffman recap what he saw and what he heard talking to scouts at the combine.  Among them: 

A. Murray most agree is hands down the best qb.

B. Most think Haskins is 2nd. With some thinking Lock is 2nd and some Jones. But most go with Haskins.

C. Grier didn't look good, and some think he is too full of himself.

D. Lock overtook Jones with some at the combine. Lock looked sharper with his short throws which was a concern previously with some. And he thinks Lock likely kills it in interviews because he is charasmatic, funny and easy to talk to.

E. Haskins' deep ball was the most impressive.

F. With Daniel Jones it was clear he really had to step in and put his body into the ball to push the ball down the field. He doesn't have Haskins or Lock's arm strength. And that was very noticeable watching them all throw back to back.

13 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Soooo realistically, how far up do we need to go to get Lock/Haskins?

Just listened to Hoffman talk about what he learned at the combine some more.  He said they are absolutely in on Rosen if he's available in a trade.  they do not want to trade their first round pick.  But might be willing to trade next year's first or trade their 2nd and 3rd this year.  

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just listened to Hoffman talk about what he learned at the combine some more.  He said they are absolutely in on Rosen if he's available in a trade.  they do not want to trade their first round pick.  But might be willing to trade next year's first or trade their 2nd and 3rd this year.  

I'd love of we could trade our 2nd and 3rd for Rosen. Draft Devin White in the 1st would make our D so much better and a WR, OLB,LG or TE with our other 3rd rounder. I doubt we would get that lucky but that would be exciting. 

10 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

I'd love of we could trade our 2nd and 3rd for Rosen. Draft Devin White in the 1st would make our D so much better and a WR, OLB,LG or TE with our other 3rd rounder. I doubt we would get that lucky but that would be exciting. 

Imagine Devin White and Reuben Foster behind Kerrigan, Payne, Ioannidis, and Allen. Now, about that secondary...

In any case, if we trade for Rosen, I think we are drafting offense to help him. The WR's this year are very good, and it seems like FA WR's are never good anymore. 

4 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Never cared for Rosen coming out of college, and last year confirmed that suspicion. Hes just a guy. We shouldnt be trading anything for him.

I don't know enough about Rosen to judge him, but just on the facts my feeling is that if the guy was a very high first rounder and the Jets are willing to bail him after one year then they think he's an absolute bust. Now, if you think you can QB whisper him it's okay, but the trade should be for a reclamation project not for a premier prospect.

In other words, I think I would max out at offering a third (which probably means they wouldn't bother talking to me, but that's fine with me as I don't really want to save someone from their own bad pick.)

24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This is going to be interesting to watch with Arizona.  I think in the end it will cost the Skins their 2019 1st and one of their 3rd rounders this year to pull off a trade for Rosen.  Just guessing.

Archived