Reaper Skins

Redskins to sign Adrian Peterson per NFL.com

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

If we don't see Peterson run out of I formation 55 times this Sunday, Jay is a dirty liar.

If we see AP run out of the I formation 55 times then Jay is a bigger asshat then I thought...and I dont think anyone is THAT big of an asshat

• Haha 1

After two years... can the thread title be changed now... lol 

i am really glad he is back. He is needed. 

At 34, he was without question, consistently our healthiest (AND most productive) RB for 2 years in a row.

I say ride him til we drive him into the ground, and his wheels fall off.

Then put him on the Training Staff.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mr. Peterson Goes to Washington has been an awesome series, I love seeing it renewed for another season. I can't wait to watch the first episode in September.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Glad to see Skins are picking up his option. Solid back up to DG and/or Love. Brings a level of intangibles like veteran leadership and a calming influence in the locker room. Smart move Ron. 

Glad he is back but really who else do they have.  And please don't answer Guice for Gods sake.  It reminds me of what I thought when Gruden made him inactive for the first game.  I was like what a dumb move.  The handwriting is on the wall.  Gruden will not finish out the year.  And that is exactly what happened.  That move was literally the beginning of the end for Gruden.

7 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

Glad to see Skins are picking up his option. Solid back up to DG and/or Love. Brings a level of intangibles like veteran leadership and a calming influence in the locker room. Smart move Ron. 

Backup? I wouldn’t be so sure

I wonder if picking up Peterson's option will have a positive impact on Rivera's efforts to mend fences with Trent Williams. My assumption is that Peterson and Williams are still pretty tight.

15 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

A backup to a guy who gets injured from a stiff breeze and another guy who has never played a down. Yeah... no...

I would redo his contract. Give him more incentives that he can earn this year and give us a one year option to extend in 2021.

1 hour ago, ntotoro said:

A backup to a guy who gets injured from a stiff breeze and another guy who has never played a down. Yeah... no...

Definitely a good chance AP is the starter for a string of games (maybe even all of them, lol), but Guice likely fits the offense a better.  It’s sad that we can’t count on him to stay healthy.

I’m looking forward to seeing who else they bring in and I’m excited to see what Love can do for us.