Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins to sign Adrian Peterson per NFL.com

Reaper Skins

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

If we don't see Peterson run out of I formation 55 times this Sunday, Jay is a dirty liar.

If we see AP run out of the I formation 55 times then Jay is a bigger asshat then I thought...and I dont think anyone is THAT big of an asshat

• 5 months later...

Glad he is back but really who else do they have.  And please don't answer Guice for Gods sake.  It reminds me of what I thought when Gruden made him inactive for the first game.  I was like what a dumb move.  The handwriting is on the wall.  Gruden will not finish out the year.  And that is exactly what happened.  That move was literally the beginning of the end for Gruden.

7 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

Glad to see Skins are picking up his option. Solid back up to DG and/or Love. Brings a level of intangibles like veteran leadership and a calming influence in the locker room. Smart move Ron. 

Backup? I wouldn’t be so sure

15 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

Glad to see Skins are picking up his option. Solid back up to DG and/or Love. Brings a level of intangibles like veteran leadership and a calming influence in the locker room. Smart move Ron. 

A backup to a guy who gets injured from a stiff breeze and another guy who has never played a down. Yeah... no...

1 hour ago, ntotoro said:

A backup to a guy who gets injured from a stiff breeze and another guy who has never played a down. Yeah... no...

Definitely a good chance AP is the starter for a string of games (maybe even all of them, lol), but Guice likely fits the offense a better.  It’s sad that we can’t count on him to stay healthy.

I’m looking forward to seeing who else they bring in and I’m excited to see what Love can do for us.  

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

He's a fitness freak, more than anything, so I say put him on the Training Staff

Anything you can do to keep him in the lockeroom, and setting a tone.  He's also got really good vision, and understands what it takes to be an RB, so RB coach seems like a natural fit.  

7 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Anything you can do to keep him in the lockeroom, and setting a tone.  He's also got really good vision, and understands what it takes to be an RB, so RB coach seems like a natural fit.  

If it's teachable, then absolutely. I just wonder how much his primary gifts, talents, and skills are purely instinctive and therefore difficult to both teach as a coach, as well as acquire as a student/player.

Archived