Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins to sign Adrian Peterson per NFL.com

Reaper Skins

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

Is Epistat a Russian bot? Joined less than an hour ago and has just this one post. This kind of junk doesn’t belong in the stadium. 

Care to refute?

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

I'm a little wary of jumping in this in the Stadium, but let me say this... Very often, protest is a form of patriotism.

Protest by going into the community. 

11 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Unless AP has a really good year; if he wants to move up the rushing ladder, it will be elsewhere.

Regardless of how he does; Skins will not be giving AP another contract in 21. He will have to sign elsewhere in 21.

Really curious to see how many backs make this final roster. We have too many right now it seems:

AP

Guice (lock)

Love

Barber 

McKissic

Gibson (lock)

I know RR is on record as really liking AP but if the others are all healthy how do you keep AP and play him over the younger kids, two of whom are high picks? 

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

I really don't know that Guice is a lock. He's shown so much in the few snaps he has played, but has been injured so often. I think he could be one more injury away from a surprise cut.

Brother, he could be an injury away from career ender!

10 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Really curious to see how many backs make this final roster. We have too many right now it seems:

AP

Guice (lock)

Love

Barber 

McKissic

Gibson (lock)

I know RR is on record as really liking AP but if the others are all healthy how do you keep AP and play him over the younger kids, two of whom are high picks? 

I think for 2020, AP is a lock.  If we didn't want him, we wouldn't have brought him back for a third year.  AP will be a valuable resource to help Rivera and Co. teach those young RBs.  If AP wants to continue playing after 2020, he will be signing elsewhere next year.  We aren't cutting him.   Gibson is a lock.  Guice isn't a lock, especially if he gets injured again.  

On 6/7/2020 at 9:19 PM, MartinC said:

When I said take this to Tailgate that was an instruction not a suggestion.

Liked your reply back, MartinC.  Law and Order.  :)  Must have it everywhere to include here on ES.  Without it we don't have ES.  :)

16 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I think for 2020, AP is a lock.  If we didn't want him, we wouldn't have brought him back for a third year.  AP will be a valuable resource to help Rivera and Co. teach those young RBs.  If AP wants to continue playing after 2020, he will be signing elsewhere next year.  We aren't cutting him.   Gibson is a lock.  Guice isn't a lock, especially if he gets injured again.  

Guice is a 2nd round pick who has been very good when he plays. I can't see him getting cut unless he just comes in totally out of shape. He is the next Beast Mode, just needs to protect himself better.

23 hours ago, RWJ said:

Liked your reply back, MartinC.  Law and Order.  :)  Must have it everywhere to include here on ES.  Without it we don't have ES.  :)

Respect my authority  !!! 🙂

(The poster who ignored the instruction will not be posting on ES again by the way - two posts, both trolling, and ignored a MOD instruction).

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

AP wants 4 more years.

But will the Redskins re-elect him ?

https://www.nfl.com/news/adrian-peterson-hopes-to-play-four-more-years-in-nfl

He's been like the lone bright spot for this team since 2018, but let's be honest, if he is still on this roster in 2021, this organization has failed.

I'd frankly be shocked if he's still the #1 or #2 back by midseason (assuming there is football)

On 6/25/2020 at 2:00 AM, Malapropismic Depository said:

AP wants 4 more years.

But will the Redskins re-elect him ?

https://www.nfl.com/news/adrian-peterson-hopes-to-play-four-more-years-in-nfl

No.   If he can squeak out a 1000 yard season again; some team will be interested in him next year.  It won't be us but he will get a chance if he plays well this year.

On 6/8/2020 at 2:14 PM, Burgold said:

I really don't know that Guice is a lock. He's shown so much in the few snaps he has played, but has been injured so often. I think he could be one more injury away from a surprise cut.

I've already thrown his jersey away, I'm not investing my heart into that one anymore.

Just as likely Mcclaurin gets injured as Guice next season. Hopefully the football gods are kind to Guice and he doesn’t get hit awkwardly on his knee while planted on the ground. 

It’s football— the RB position is a crapshoot on whether guys will put together healthy campaigns. 

Guys who suffer strains, pulls, contusions or concussions carry most risk, IMO. 

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

Just as likely Mcclaurin gets injured as Guice next season. Hopefully the football gods are kind to Guice and he doesn’t get hit awkwardly on his knee while planted on the ground. 

It’s football— the RB position is a crapshoot on whether guys will put together healthy campaigns. 

Guys who suffer strains, pulls, contusions or concussions carry most risk, IMO. 

This couldn’t be less true. Don’t take that bet to Vegas. 

guice has proven to be injury prone. McLaurin has proven to be durable. Guice plays the much more physically demanding position. 

You’re making an comment that is the equivalent of, X or Y wide receiver, that has never had injury issues, is just as likely to be injured as Jordan Reed or Chris Thompson. 

3 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

This couldn’t be less true. Don’t take that bet to Vegas. 

guice has proven to be injury prone. McLaurin has proven to be durable. Guice plays the much more physically demanding position. 

You’re making an comment that is the equivalent of, X or Y wide receiver, that has never had injury issues, is just as likely to be injured as Jordan Reed or Chris Thompson. 

I’ll own the fact that the WR position is the easier/safer position to maintain health, but RBs its a toss up for the most part. No one should ever expect the health of a RB, rather consider yourself lucky if the RB plays 14 games. 

Admittedly, I’m very much on the extreme end in regards to projecting a players health from year to year. I Expect the player to miss time. 

**Reed and Thompson are in the category of pulls, concussions, and strains. The difference with Guice being taking blunt hits to his knee, which can happen to any player, especially RBs. 

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

He's beyond broke, he hasn't made enough money to get out of the hole and probably won't ever.

Last I saw, he took out a multi-million loan to satisfy court obligated payments for all of his other loans.

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

3 weeks ago he was reminding the league how they undervalue backs to the point it’s disrespectful. Being broke likely features heavily in that opinion. 

Off topic...

The idea Thielen makes more than Derek Henry is pretty wild. Or Amari Cooper makes pretty much double is crazy. Both have and most likely will never impact a season like Henry did last season. Henry had the impact of an elite QB in last year’s playoffs. 

Henry on his deal is a bargain for what he means to the organization moving forward. 

And without the slowly paid Offensive linemen the RBs would have zero yards and the highly paid QB wouldn't have the time to throw to the highly paid WR...

Only way to make it fair is to lower the pay of the others to meet the RBs and linemen.....

Market sets the pay scales.  OL pay is fair, and the reason they don't make QB money is because they can **** up on plays quite a bit and still not really effect the outcome of the snap.

Combination of shelf-life and scarcity heavily depresses the RB market.  But I agree that it's gone too far into market inefficiency territory.  The smart teams are exploiting the inefficiency by drafting RBs frequently and letting them walk after the end of their rookie deals, as well as signing good vets to well priced deals whose draft team let walk rather than giving them big second contracts.  I think the same thing will happen with Henry as happened with Melvin Gordon after he plays out his franchise tag deal.

The best backs are massively impactful.  Always have been.  But the market is getting squeezed such that many are only getting paid by leaving winners to go play for bad teams who tend to have a lot of cap space, where they often end up looking like poor investments and reinforce the idea that it's not worth it to pay the tar RBs that you draft.

Archived