Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unpopular Opinions Thread (Non-Political)

AsburySkinsFan

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

The ones that charge fees, hell yes.  I feel like a sucker when I’m forced to use one for a small amount of cash, and end up paying 10% or more for a twenty.  

The whole few dollars ? 

10% of 20... Really ? 

Price is the same, take out as much as you can. Deposit it the next day at your place. 

And PB is on point there. 

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I did not eat McDonalds from 2010 until about 2 months ago.  I had a Big Mac, which was always my go to. I broke my embargo solely b/c I was STARVING and in a hurry, but Big Macs are extremely delicious when you are near death from starvation.  

From like 2008 to 2011 I never ate a single non breakfast sandwich from McD's that wasn't the McRib (though I might see the Skins win a Super Bowl before I see another McRib at this point). Got someone's extra quarter pounder and legitimately felt an imminent barf. Their burgers have gotten better though. Still not on par with other fast food chains. Don't like their chicken sandwiches either, and I'd like their Filet-o Fish considerably more if it wasnt the size of a baseball and occasionally nothing but bread, cheese and tartar sauce.

I'll **** up their breakfast menu though 

52 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Spam, eggs, and rice is an acceptable weekend breakfast.

It works for Hawaiians (and Filipinos), so it should work for haoles too. 

Longanisas, rice, and eggs was a standard weekend breakfast at my girlfriend's house when I was younger. Oh man, that **** was good. Her parents got kind of sick of me popping in every Saturday morning..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Spam, eggs, and rice is an acceptable weekend breakfast.

It works for Hawaiians (and Filipinos), so it should work for haoles too. 

Filipino here. This is true.

6 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

Longanisas, rice, and eggs was a standard weekend breakfast at my girlfriend's house when I was younger. Oh man, that **** was good. Her parents got kind of sick of me popping in every Saturday morning..

Then they weren’t true Filipinos.

21 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Filipino here. This is true.

Then they weren’t true Filipinos.

Mom was definitely 100% Filipino. I'll definitely have to take your word on that though. There was an American dad involved. Either way, I miss those sweet, sweet sausages. Had them, and other stuff she used to cook numerous times since, but nothing ever quite lived up to some of her dishes. Her cooking was particularly heavenly. 

Edited by SoulSkin

1 hour ago, SoulSkin said:

Mom was definitely 100% Filipino. I'll definitely have to take your word on that though. There was an American dad involved. Either way, I miss those sweet, sweet sausages. Had them, and other stuff she used to cook numerous times since, but nothing ever quite lived up to some of her dishes. Her cooking was particularly heavenly. 

Haha. Yeah. It’s an underrated cuisine if you can call it that. When we were renters we had a maintenance guy come in every so often. He finally said one day “your dinner always smells so good.” So we convinced him to stay for dinner!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Pennsylvania is annoying. When I got here for college they insist on calling it a "MAC" machine. 

"**** you. You know exactly what i'm talking about—just point me to it. "

I remember the Mac machine in college in Western PA. That ****er would dispense singles. You could ask for $14 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Haha. Yeah. It’s an underrated cuisine if you can call it that. When we were renters we had a maintenance guy come in every so often. He finally said one day “your dinner always smells so good.” So we convinced him to stay for dinner!

My elementary school was majority filipino.  What i miss more than anything... homemade lumpia.  What i will never miss again... Tagalog

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After saying girls ‘pretty much ruin everything,’ high school AD placed on leave

An athletic director at a Tennessee high school was placed on administrative leave Wednesday, after remarks described as “inexcusable” by the county’s schools superintendent. In an address to students, Jared Hensley said girls “pretty much ruin everything.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/09/27/high-school-ad-placed-leave-after-saying-girls-pretty-much-ruin-everything/?utm_term=.da632af5bcd1

My response to the backlash:

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, zoony said:

No, overseas military base

Clark? Subic?

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Ha. My wife is from there. I'm a lucky man to have access to Filipino food when I want it. ?

Yeah. The closest thing I’m willing to do right now to give my kids the Filipino experience is to visit Daly City. 

2 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

The netting all the way down the foul lines at baseball stadiums looks ****ing dumb and worse on TV. And it’s all because people can’t look UP from their ****ing phones while paying good money to attend a game. 

Because nothing is happening 80% of the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Because nothing is happening 80% of the time.

I liked baseball when my son played, but damn the pro-game is awful to watch even in person. They sell 80,000 kinds of food there to keep you busy during the game. Nothing more entertaining than sitting a couple hundred feet from home plate and hearing some jackass complain at a called strike that was “clearly” outside.