Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MMQB: How Su'a Cravens fell apart..

crabbypatty

I heard back from the "burgers aren't sandwiches" representative. Someone somewhere apparently made a rule that any piece of meat between 2 pieces of bread makes a sandwich... EXCEPT for beef. Beef disqualifies anything from being a sandwich. I kid you not.

I'm telling you, these pagans can't be reasoned with. They are like people who pronounce crayon as "cran". They should be shunned.

21 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I heard back from the "burgers aren't sandwiches" representative. Someone somewhere apparently made a rule that any piece of meat between 2 pieces of bread makes a sandwich... EXCEPT for beef. Beef disqualifies anything from being a sandwich. I kid you not.

What would Arby's say about that ?

8 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Is a hot dog a sandwich then? When you think about it, it's essentially the same thing as a hamburger....only difference is how the bread is shaped.

Pretty sure I covered this one....

A hot dog is just an American sausage. Sausage and peppers is a sandwich, therefore a hot dog is a sandwich

• 2 weeks later...
And the beat goes on!

Broncos placed S Su'a Cravens (knee) on injured reserve.
Su'a participated in the Broncos' final week of training camp and preseason finale but saw his knee flare up over the weekend. He'll undergo surgery and miss the entire 2018 season. In a corresponding move, Denver signed back WR Isaiah McKenzie.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

In case anyone was wondering how Cravens was doing

Par for the course. Su’a was a lost cause when he was drafted. The 2 most underrated aspects of football are availability and desire. We’re terrible because Allen continues to shop in the bargain bin for injury prone players. Players like Su’a (fricken football players; Hi Matt Jones!) are just as useless. Talent is great; but it’ll never beat will, commitment, intellect, and desire. 

2 hours ago, Birdlives said:

Par for the course. Su’a was a lost cause when he was drafted. The 2 most underrated aspects of football are availability and desire. We’re terrible because Allen continues to shop in the bargain bin for injury prone players. Players like Su’a (fricken football players; Hi Matt Jones!) are just as useless. Talent is great; but it’ll never beat will, commitment, intellect, and desire. 

Neither of those players were drafted by Allen.

Both were Scot McCloughan picks.

• 2 weeks later...

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/LongFormArticle/10-vets-playing-their-last-game-as-Broncos-in-Week-17-126957645/#126957645_1

The Broncos orchestrated a few offseason trades this past spring, and Su'a Cravens was one of them. A reclamation project of sorts, the Broncos believed they might be able to net better production out of him than the Redskins were able to.

But Cravens’ Broncos career got off to a slow start, as he suffered a knee injury in training camp that caused him to miss the first eight games. Once activated, Cravens’ impact on the field was less than impressive, and before long, he’d played himself out of a role on defense.

He hasn’t dressed the last two weeks, and word on the street is the Broncos are fed up with his ‘lazy’ mentality. Don’t be surprised if he’s purged along with the aforementioned Shane Ray.

"Better net production" is a weird way of saying "getting the dude to play a single down". Lazy mentality? What? Say it ain't so!

It's funny thinking back how many people were saying that we shouldn't have traded him, we should have kept him because he'd be worth more than the pick we got for him lol

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Broncos fans were talking crap to Skins fans? About Cravens?

On twitter, you're damn skippy lol...it was hilarious. I had a few interactions on there with some of them but mostly read how the Redskins just didn't care if Cravens had a concussion, how they misused him, how Skins fans are just salty that a "real franchise" got a talented 2nd rounder with pro bowl potential for a 3rd rounder, "I'd want to retire, too, if the Foreskins drafted me", "Redskins lulz", etc, etc...

• 4 months later...
8 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

High hopes for Cravens this year...

"The Broncos need to stick with Su’a Cravens in 2019"

https://predominantlyorange.com/2019/02/23/broncos-need-stick-sua-cravens-2019/

"The Denver Broncos traded for Su’a Cravens less than a year ago, and should not give up him yet. He can succeed in 2019 and beyond."

The author of that article and some of the posts in the comment section sound like us before we wised up on Cravens. :)

Let them think it is just a matter of injuries, and ignore the fact that he quit on his team here, quit on his teammates, quit at USC.

And when Denver moves on from him, he'll be saying the same things about them he says about the Redskins.

It'll be all the team's fault.

Archived