Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MMQB: How Su'a Cravens fell apart..

crabbypatty

On 8/21/2018 at 4:40 PM, TMK9973 said:

Look -I think Sua is suffering and needs / needed help. 

Let me pull out a bucket for all the tears I will shed for the poor soul who makes ridiculous money.

It's about him being gay ya'll, He told his dad and it didn't end well. 

6 hours ago, NickyJ said:

I.... I don't know how to be any more sarcastic to make my point come across better.

Well ****. I knew my sarcasm meter should’ve gone off sooner ? after i posted that i was like “there’s no way that guy actually thinks Doctson shoulda been cut for Su’a??” 

8 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Let me pull out a bucket for all the tears I will shed for the poor soul who makes ridiculous money.

That wouldn't be surprising.. although I think the mystery "family issue" that caused him to miss time was made up bs.. especially since they never said what it was exactly. Nobody died or was diagnosed with some awful terminal illness. I could be wrong but that's what it seems like from the outside looking in.

52 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Another thread a player has an autoimmune disease and it's "being a person over football", but for this kid it's zero tolerance and for AP it's zero judgement. People draw some strange lines where they want them. 

Three completely different and independent players and situations... To paint them all with the same brush, as you've done, is flat out ignorant.

59 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Another thread a player has an autoimmune disease and it's "being a person over football", but for this kid it's zero tolerance and for AP it's zero judgement. People draw some strange lines where they want them. 

Peterson took responsibility for his actions and from all accounts has grown and changed from them. Does even a syllable of that sound like Cravens?

Frederick hopes to keep playing for the Cowboys even though he's being shut down, at least temporarily, by an illness immediately diagnosed by a physician. Cravens quit the team and his teammates apparently because he was pissed off at a text he received, and didn't find out about any physical issues for almost a year after the fact.

You are too good and too smart a poster to be so incredibly disingenuous in your comments.

26 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Three completely different and independent players and situations... To paint them all with the same brush, as you've done, is flat out ignorant.

I just don't understand the venom for him. He's young and that was probably a very scary situation for him. Who knows what else is going on in his life. Life is ****ing hard. 

19 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

You are too good and too smart a poster to be so incredibly disingenuous in your comments.

Thanks. 

Physical health = sad

Mental health = ****

Beats kids with a tree branch until balls bleed and kids who are afraid of being punched in the face by super athlete Dad apologizes after being arrested = great! 

@Koolblue13 In general, people don't have much sympathy for quitters. Especially when they quit the way Cravens did. He quit on his teammates via text message. Not only did he leave the team in the lurch, he left his teammates high and dry. That's like when Bobby Petting quit on the Falcons and left a note in the locker room. Su'a apparently did something similar at USC . I honestly wish him the best but wouldn't want him on the Redskins and I wouldn't want him working in my office. 

11 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

So if you make good money you can't really  have mental issues and if you are Gay then your family issues really dont have a real effect. 

Is that your argument?  

3 minutes ago, Darc Requiem said:

@Koolblue13 In general, people don't have much sympathy for quitters. Especially when they quit the way Cravens did. He quit on his teammates via text message. Not only did he leave the team in the lurch, he left his teammates high and dry. That's like when Bobby Petting quit on the Falcons and left a note in the locker room. Su'a apparently did something similar at USC . I honestly wish him the best but wouldn't want him on the Redskins and I wouldn't want him working in my office. 

I actually think @Koolblue13 nailed it with his physical health = Sad, mental health = ****

Think Ryan Clark not playing a playoff game in Denver.  He was physically cleared to play - but a Dr said "However - with your condition -playing in the thin air in Denver could result in major issues.  Everyone agreed.  No one called him a quitter.

Su'a Cravens had some mental issues -Diagnosed by 2 Dr's.  But he was physically cleared to play -so F him! Hes a quitter.  

Ive said it before in this thread - Despite what people say when they say the believe Mental illness is real - We still treat mental illness as a fake issue that "Strong and Tough people" dont get.  

28 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

So if you make good money you can't really  have mental issues and if you are Gay then your family issues really dont have a real effect. 

Is that your argument?  

Like when Dungys kid killed himself after being disowned by his father after coming out

44 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

Is that your argument?  

Not at all. But I feel much worse for someone who doesn't have the money to get the best care on planet earth and an employer who provided  psychiatric care than Sua. 

3 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Not at all. But I feel much worse for someone who doesn't have the money to get the best care on planet earth and an employer who provided  psychiatric care than Sua. 

I'm not sure what this post says, but it reads like you feel worse for the redskins having to pay for medical care, than cravens for needing it and that's pretty ****ed up, but in line with people who are mad at a scared kid and welcoming of a grown man that punches 4 year olds in the face. 

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm not sure what this post says, but it reads like you feel worse for the redskins having to pay for medical care, than cravens for needing it and that's pretty ****ed up, but in line with people who are mad at a scared kid and welcoming of a grown man that punches 4 year olds in the face. 

Not at all I'm just saying he had all the opportunities (and still does) and resources to get the psychiatric care he needs. If he refuses to avail himself of that I'm not going to feel overly bad about it. 

The money thing I can care less about I hope they give him his money. 

1 minute ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Not at all I'm just saying he had all the opportunities (and still does) and resources to get the psychiatric care he needs. If he refuses to avail himself of that I'm not going to feel overly bad about it. 

The money thing I can care less about I hope they give him his money. 

Mental illness or injury isn't like a physical injury. Especially for the people dealing with it. 

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Mental illness or injury isn't like a physical injury. Especially for the people dealing with it. 

I know this, Ive dealt with it in many stages. My feelings still stand. It can be a terrible thing to deal with and even worse without financial and medical resources.

What could have been if Sua had just been compliant the psychiatrist the skins sent him to? We will never know. 

And now Broncos fans are starting to sound like Redskins fans lol...

"Su’a Cravens once again not practicing - so doesn’t look like he will play against Washington on Friday"

"Cravens and not playing name a better duo"

"Is he out because of "knee soreness"?? I mean wtf how long does that keep you out? Seems like an excuse to cover up for something else... What's up with this dude? He just pretending to have a changed attitude so he can collect another paycheck this year?"

"When did this dude get so injured?"

"The guy is a giant ****. He has a long track record of milking the most minor injuries and using that as an excuse to not see the field. He's not a tough player by any means."

"I was willing for us to take a flyer on him because I assumed that the Redskins (and their fans) were just not really understanding of how complicated head injuries were (PCS is weird) but now I'm starting to see where they were coming from. Two straight cases of mystery injuries holding him out indefinitely seems like more than a coincidence."

"Sua legitimately quit on the Redskins in camp and expressed several times to his teammates during TC that he wasn't invested in football. He doesn't love the game."

6 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Whoa is this true? I knew he killed himself but Dungy had disowned him previous to that? whoa... 

I don't think it was ever said publicly if Dungy's son was gay...but after Dungy's comments about Michael Sam and some earlier comments about homosexuality it was assumed that his son was "probably" gay and that Dungy "probably" disowned him and that was "probably" why he killed himself.

7 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

I don't really see why Cravens is important enough to argue over, after all this time. Are there really no better things going on? :P 

Because the whole reason Extremeskins exists is for a few regulars to argue with each other about stuff that doesn't matter.

Archived