Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it time to fire the training staff?

kgor93

13 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

1) You already answered the first question yourself lol...if we don't know nearly enough to draw any conclusions, how exactly are we gonna know what TO question to begin with? 

2) Contradictory statements is not "picking apart"...not to me, anyway. You could have also said "Yeah, let me make that bit clearer", but going with "you're picking apart my post" works, too lol *thumbsup*..

So we are just to assume all is swell even though what they are responsible for yields negative results more often than not?

I don’t need a PhD to be skeptical in this situation.

It's pretty obvious that the overall training facilities and equipment are outdated and lagging.  Don't have to look much past the injury statistics to see that it's had a negative affect on the players.  Possible to expect more of the same results as nothing has changed.  Swearinger stating that guys don't take preventive measures is an extension of the culture in the organization.  It's seems logical that this blame lands on those that run the show.

19 hours ago, Morneblade said:

Nope, sorry, I really can't do that. Except for maybe a real inside practice facility, and better preventative care, which it came out earlier this year that guys were not hitting the ice tubs like they should. That sends a message that that's not the only thing that isn't really up to snuff. And there is the fact that we've been in the very bottom of the league with injuries over several years, which also points to more than just "bad luck".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2018/08/10/for-redskins-injury-bug-rears-its-ugly-head-again-and-again-and-again/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.25c9566d7440

edit

Just how often and how significantly has Washington been hampered by the injury bug over the past eight seasons? More than any other team except for the New York Giants and Indianapolis Colts. Both of those teams had the same number of seasons in the league’s bottom third for adjusted man-games lost.

First, can you please provide how Football Outsiders calculates "Adjusted" Man Games Lost?" I went to their site and could not get to the metric. I am not paying either. This is not to say I have a major problem with Football Outsiders overall. I have quoted them myself. But they are not the end all be all either. Sometimes the way they measure is at the very least questionable.

I do however have a subscription to mangameslost.com. They claim their client list includes 21 NBA, 16 NFL, 19 NHL and 8 MLB teams. Does that make them more accurate? Not sure. But it is at least a bit impressive. 

They have both Man Games Lost due to injury and then Lost Approximate Value and Weighted Lost AV. The definitions from the site are below. They use the Approximate Value from Pro Football Reference. Again, is it perfect? Of course not. The primary issue with how they measure is it goes of historical for the player. So a rookie sensation is not given a much weight as a veteran. But at least it is a verifiable metric. Since 2009, the Redskins had the 12th highest number of man games. A little above average but not dramatically more. Some of the overall is skewed by 2015 and 2017 when they were very high. See chart below. Their rank per year was: 2009 - 16th, 2010 - 17th, 2011 - 22nd, 2012 - 9th, 2013 - 24th, 2014 - 10th, 2015 - 4th, 2016 - 20th, 2017 - 6th. 

Here are the total man games lost by the NFL from 2009 to 2017: 2009 -  4095, 2010 - 4662, 2011 - 4621, 2012 - 5361, 2013 - 5355, 2014 - 5658, 2015 - 4874, 2016 - 6180, 2017 - 7548. 

2009 was a bit low - a good thing. There was a fairly big jump from 2011 to 2012, right after the new CBA was signed. Stayed there until the last two years which were much higher. I believe a good portion of this is due to changes in practices and allowed hitting based on the CBA which has been my point from day one (some is the violence of the game and the players getting bigger, stronger, etc.) I have been watching this for the last 3 to 4 yrs. I believe that the initial increase was due to the immediate changes, or short term impacts. We are now seeing the long term impacts of limiting practices and hitting. This is not on the S&C staff or the team. This is what the players wanted. They need to fix it in the next CBA. So a couple of points before getting to the rest of the data:

1. There is a noticeable increase in lost man games due to injury after the current CBA was sign. A roughly 15% increase. 

2. There has been now two more steps changes in the last two years. Using 2011 the baseline since it was the last year before the CBA: 2016 - 34% and 2017 - an incredible 63.3%!!

This to me is more than a coincidence. 

Ok, so now the weighted numbers to complete the data for the Redskins. Let's look Lost AV. The Redskins overall is just below their Man Games lost chart. Overall, the Redskins are 9th since 2009. In terms of ranks year by year they are: 2009 - 3rd, 2010 - 13th, 2011 - 11th, 2012 - 14th, 2013 - 32th, 2014 - 11th, 2015 - 9th, 2016 - 4th, 2017 - 4th

Now, weighted Lost AV: I do not have where they ranked overall since 2009. They did not provide it and honestly I just do not have the time to do the calculations. Here are the year by year rankings: . 2009 - 2th, 2010 - 21th, 2011 - 17th, 2012 - 12th, 2013 - 29th, 2014 - 2nd, 2015 - 4th, 2016 - 21st, 2017 - 2nd.

My point here is that while the Redskins do seem to be in the top half more than their fair share, the Football Outsiders data painted a much more drastic picture. Without the definitions and based on the data from Mangameslost that is used by several NFL teams, I have a hard time believing the Football Outsiders data. Now if we can get the definitions and there is a logical reason they are showing it as more drastic I am more than willing to reconsider.

In the end, I believe getting on the team, and specifically the S&C coaches is a reaction more out of frustration of losing a player we all had high hopes than anything that is data driven. Could they have better facilities? Probably. But the guys not getting ice when they should is on them. At this point it's their careers. They have to take ownership. If the facility conditions are that bad the team leaders should be in Dan's office every day complaining - maybe they are. But I have to think that even Dan would relent if the players really pushed hard. As much as I dislike him, I do readily admit he is an actual fan. He would support them I think. 

image.png.a778e4a91eb9f64c745b5bad020a9f13.png

image.png.f4190dcbc8dfa4f52e436664379ca080.png

What is Lost-av? Lost-wav? How is it calculated for the NFL?

My NFL player-quality metrics now base the quality of a player on their AV (Approximate Value) and WAV (Weighted Career Approximate Value) scores as calculated at Pro-Football-Reference.com. AV scores are only available for previous season performances and don’t reflect current season performance. As such, during the regular season, injuries to rookies are adversely affected since they do not have a previous season AV score, and thus any rookie’s AV scores is effectively zero. They will have zero Lost-av or Lost-wav. The absence of an unknown cannot be measured effectively.

Only at season end do the AV vlues for all players in the season get calculated. Once they are available to Lost-av values for all players are recalculated, using the season’s new AV numbers available, substituting out the previous season AV values that had been used.

A higher Lost-av or Lost-wav number equals a greater impact of missing players to the team. A high Lost-av or Lost-wav value for a player reflects a high number of games missed due to injury, a high WAV or previous season AV value, or a combination of both. The exact number is not as important as the basic range, versus other players. This is the case with most statistics in the analytics of sport performance.

Lost AV is calculated as the AV(historic per game from the previous season) x PlayerGamesInjured for each player. At the team level, it is summed from the individual values for each player on each team.

NFL Lost-av = AV(historic per game from previous season) x PlayerGamesInjured

likewise for Lost-wav

NFL Lost-wav = WAV(historic per game from entire career) x PlayerGamesInjured

The answer is Yes but it doesn't stop there, don't buy any of you brushing this off as just bad luck or because of the type of injury that there isn't a much bigger issue here.

The Redskins facilities are awful, bottom in the NFL. There isn't enough space for working out properly, hell they don't have the space for even a basketball court

https://www.roanoke.com/sports/redskins/washington-redskins-practice-facility-upgrades-underway/article_1bddc075-f463-57ca-a051-af203282e804.html

Built more than two decades ago, Redskins Park is a surprisingly modest headquarters for one of the NFL’s more profitable franchises, with a past-its-prime feel. By contrast, any Big Ten or SEC football powerhouse boasts a more impressive locker room, weight room and indoor practice facility.

Some steps were taken to address some of this issue this year but that's definitely part of it. More here about the improvements this year

https://www.hogshaven.com/2018/8/3/17633474/jay-grudens-comments-insight-into-training-camp-and-redskins-roster

This is a long standing problem 

At least one study has indicated that Jay Gruden has the worst track record in the NFL over the past 15 years as regards ‘level of injuredness’ of his teams.

Guice injury was odd on many levels. I realize that not everyone who tears his ACL is not going to be able to walk. That's one thing. The issue here is how the player acted when it happened and his actions after the injury. To me that behavior was questionable.

If you were following along with Twitter and the beat reporters during last game everyone reported that Guice was not being treated as being seriously injured during the game. He went into the locker room without any assistance at halftime, drove himself home, walked out of the facilities without crutches or ice and even gave interviews posted on Redskins.com where he seems completely fine. Then the next day, he's got a torn ACL. 

Guice fell deep in the draft and I suspect that the reason for his free fall was due to past injuries. At the time of the draft the rumor was something else something about questionable character. Guice character has never been questioned. He is loved by his teammates as evidenced by Chris Thompson crying talking about him. He became the face of this franchise.

I suspect the truth with the draft fall was simply that teams didn't trust his health. When the team went for the MRI this week they discovered he was in fact really injured. Guice didn't talk or appear as being seriously injured when it happened. His reaction to the injury was unlike anything I ever saw. I suspect this is a lingering thing that occured in college and is now getting dealt with. That's fine and all but anyone else remember Doug Williams pronouncement that fixing the RB position was the priority this year? Fact is as we enter the season it is the same group that ranked 32nd in DVOA rushing last year and nothing was done to fix this. 

Not running the ball effectively was one of the killers of last season and losing Guice clearly is going to derail this season. I remember back in 2007 when Portis was injured and they dealt a draft pick for TJ Duckett and that not working out. The answer to me here to fix this now is to trade for another teams RB with one of the comp picks they have. But word is they want to see who is cut first. The Redskins answer of using relatively cheap cost players at this position has never worked out for them (minus that outlier year with Morris when they introduced a new offensive style to the league). I don't see that changing this year. That's why I am coming out of the shadows to post this. This is deja vu all over again so the people who need to be held accountable for this are

1. The physical trainers

2. The people who make decisions about where the players train

3. The people who's job it was to fix the rushing game this year (Bruce on down)

4. The people who are deciding that they don't need to panic and add talent to the team and want to go with scrubs again knowing it doesn't work

5. The groundskeepers who keep the playing field awful

6. The draft scouts who drafted an injured player with the second round pick

This issue and blame goes a long long way from the very top to the guy cutting the grass. It won't stop until things drastically change around here. The wind has been knocked out of everyone yet again. Deja Vu

@goskins10

I'm not going to quote, too much text. But I'll put this up for everyone.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2018/2017-adjusted-games-lost

2017 Adjusted Games Lost

by Scott Kacsmar

Good news: the 2017 NFL season did not set any record for most injuries. In fact, injuries were actually down from the 2016 season, as measured by total adjusted games lost (AGL) across the league. However, it was impossible to cover last season without harping on the injuries to so many important and notable players.

Just start with the quarterback position where I wrote in November how this was shaping up to be the worst season on record for big-name quarterback injuries. Philadelphia's Carson Wentz went down after that article was published, adding to a list of serious injuries to Andrew Luck, Ryan Tannehill, Aaron Rodgers, Carson Palmer, Sam Bradford, and rookie sensation Deshaun Watson.

Quarterback injuries obviously have the biggest impact on team performance, but every position was loading up on big-name injuries in 2017. Arizona running back David Johnson was a fantasy favorite, but he did not finish Week 1's contest before his season ended. Odell Beckham Jr. is one of the NFL's best wide receivers, but he only played four games. Tight end Tyler Eifert had another lost season for the Bengals. Cleveland left tackle Joe Thomas played every one of the first 10,363 snaps in his career, but then a torn triceps ended his season (and his career, as he just announced his retirement this month). He was joined on the injured reserve list by fellow left tackles Jason Peters and Trent Williams, as well as guards Mike Iupati and Marshal Yanda.

Defense was well-represented too, with season-ending injuries to J.J. Watt, Eric Berry, Richard Sherman, Cliff Avril, and Ryan Shazier, to name a few.

This is more than just a loss of a great talent -- many of these players helped define their squad's identity on that side of the ball. Teams such as the Colts, Texans, Cardinals, Seahawks, and Giants were just never the same after those big injuries last year. Injuries to competitors also played a role in helping teams such as the Bills, Rams, Jaguars, Eagles, and Titans all finally return to the postseason in 2017, a true Upside-Down season.

For those unfamiliar with AGL, we do not simply add up the number of games missed. We are able to quantify how much teams were affected by injuries based on two principles: (1) Injuries to starters, injury replacements, and important situational reserves (No. 3 wide receiver, receiving backs, nickel corner, etc.) matter more than injuries to benchwarmers; and (2) Injured players who do take the field are usually playing with reduced ability, which is why AGL is based not strictly on whether the player is active for the game or not, but instead is based on the player's game status that week (out, doubtful, questionable or probable/Blank).

Last year was the second season in which the NFL no longer used "probable" in the Game Status Reports. This has changed the way we collect and analyze our data. We have a large number of players who appeared on the injury practice reports during the week, but they do not receive an official Game Status Report designation since "probable" no longer exists. We started calling these players "The Blanks" last year, and just like the way probable used to work, these players are active more than 95 percent of the time. Frankly, they should be active 100 percent of the time if you read this 2017 explanation from the NFL on how the reports should work now:

If a player was listed on the club's Practice Report during the week, but is not listed on the club's Game Status Report, it means that the club is certain the player will play. If the player is then deactivated for the game, the club will be required to provide an explanation. If the explanation is inadequate or unpersuasive, a compliance investigation or enforcement proceeding may be initiated.

Roughly 57 explanations were needed in 2017, because that's how many players we found who were inactive without being on the Game Status Report. None of those players were starters or even key backups, so this is often just the case of healthy scratches of third-string quarterbacks or depth-chart buried backs and linebackers. Nothing shady here (yet).

We actually found an increase of almost 500 Blanks from 2016, but the usage of questionable was down. However, players listed as questionable did not play (DNP) 33.0 percent of the time, as opposed to 25.8 percent in 2016.

Game Status Report Results, 2016-17
Game Status 2016 2017
Players DNP% Players DNP%
Blank (Probable) 1,527 4.6% 2,011 4.1%
Questionable 1,733 25.8% 1,426 33.0%
Doubtful 213 99.5% 170 97.6%
Out 971 100.0% 852 100.0%

There were also four 2017 players listed as "doubtful" who still managed to play that week, albeit in limited roles. Green Bay's Davon House started his Week 14 game after being listed as doubtful, but he did not finish that game and was out for Week 15. Oddly enough, this happened three times in Week 15 with Kyle Rudolph (Vikings), Landon Collins (Giants), and Michael Johnson (Bengals) each starting a game. Collins only played 18 snaps and did not register a solo tackle. Rudolph caught a short touchdown, but only played a season-low 21 snaps. Johnson played 43 snaps, or 64 percent of his team's total that day. That makes you wonder if any of these efforts were really worth it in risking further injury.

Before we get to the 2017 AGL results, we'll look at how specific teams used the Game Status Report.

2017's Injury Reporting Tactics

The rules leave some gray area for teams to interpret, and we are definitely seeing some trends associated with specific teams and coaching staffs in how they choose to file these reports. The following table shows how many Blanks and questionable players each team had in the 2017 regular season, and how often those teams played those players that week.

2017 Injury Reports: The Blanks (New Probable) and Questionable Players
Rk Team Blanks Played Pct.   Rk Team Questionable Played Pct.
1 IND 46 39 84.8% 1 PIT 22 6 27.3%
2 PIT 47 43 91.5% 2 CHI 59 21 35.6%
3 LAC 53 49 92.5% 3 PHI 33 13 39.4%
4 DET 29 27 93.1% 4 ATL 10 4 40.0%
5 MIN 73 68 93.2% 5 LAR 20 9 45.0%
6 CHI 44 41 93.2% 6 CLE 31 15 48.4%
7 DAL 46 43 93.5% 7 HOU 20 10 50.0%
8 MIA 51 48 94.1% 8 JAX 44 24 54.5%
9 NYG 52 49 94.2% 9 MIN 31 18 58.1%
10 NO 44 42 95.5% 10 NO 28 17 60.7%
11 PHI 66 63 95.5% 11 ARI 58 36 62.1%
12 HOU 163 156 95.7% 12 NE 87 55 63.2%
13 JAX 94 90 95.7% 13 DEN 33 21 63.6%
14 NYJ 143 137 95.8% 14 CIN 28 18 64.3%
15 CLE 100 96 96.0% 15 DET 56 36 64.3%
16 CIN 82 79 96.3% 16 DAL 64 42 65.6%
Rk Team Blanks Played Pct. Rk Team Questionable Played Pct.
17 CAR 90 87 96.7% 17 OAK 59 39 66.1%
18 TB 30 29 96.7% 18 TEN 15 10 66.7%
19 LAR 31 30 96.8% 19 GB 60 41 68.3%
20 BUF 63 61 96.8% 20 LAC 48 33 68.8%
21 KC 65 63 96.9% 21 CAR 45 31 68.9%
22 SF 70 68 97.1% 22 IND 27 19 70.4%
23 ATL 72 70 97.2% 23 NYG 44 31 70.5%
24 TEN 36 35 97.2% 24 SF 39 29 74.4%
25 NE 41 40 97.6% 25 KC 25 19 76.0%
26 ARI 52 51 98.1% 26 BUF 47 36 76.6%
27 GB 59 58 98.3% 27 WAS 94 73 77.7%
28 DEN 67 66 98.5% 28 SEA 55 43 78.2%
29 SEA 92 91 98.9% 29 MIA 70 55 78.6%
30 BAL 7 7 100.0% 30 NYJ 28 23 82.1%
31 OAK 41 41 100.0% 31 BAL 89 76 85.4%
32 WAS 62 62 100.0% 32 TB 57 53 93.0%
- NFL 2011 1929 95.9% - NFL 1426 956 67.0%

In 2016, Dallas was the only team to never report Blanks, but five other teams (Ravens, Patriots, Raiders, Dolphins, and Buccaneers) also had fewer than 10. In 2017, only Baltimore (seven) used fewer than 29 Blanks, but those other five teams were still on the low end too. Perhaps to compensate, Baltimore's 89 questionable players were the second-highest total in the league, and the 85.4 percent rate of play was also the second-highest. So the Ravens are one team that is probably listing too many injuries as questionable when they should be more certain the player is going to play that week.

Another continuing trend is the Houston Texans' love for reporting minor injuries (not that there's anything wrong with that). This is the fifth season in a row where the Texans led all teams with the most minor injuries reported. This doesn't appear to be a Bill O'Brien thing since it goes back to 2013, Gary Kubiak's final season on the job. It also isn't just about public relations, a job that switched over to Amy Palcic in 2016. Through e-mail, Palcic told FO that while the list of injuries is given to the PR staff, that list is produced by the medical staff and approved by football operations before it is submitted to the league. Houston's head trainer and general manager were two constants during this five-year stretch, so that's really where this is coming from each year. This is also the fourth time in the last five years where the Jets finished second to the Texans in most Blanks or probable players, so that is the other franchise that is very forthcoming with a list of injuries.

Leaguewide, the Blanks played 95.9 percent of the time, and every team was at 91.5 percent or higher except for the Colts (84.8 percent), who had their own injury controversy in 2017. Veteran cornerback Vontae Davis was once considered the key player in this defense, but his play had fallen off in recent years. His health did too in 2017, with a groin injury that eventually required season-ending surgery. However, Davis was benched for what was considered poor play even though the groin injury persisted. After Davis chose to have the season-ending surgery in November, the Colts actually just released him. Beyond Davis' unceremonious ending, the Colts made running back Matt Jones and rookie corner Quincy Wilson "healthy scratches" twice each to account for four of the seven times they did not play a Blank.

Just over two-thirds (67 percent) of questionable players played that week, but six teams fell under the 50-percent mark, which means those teams should have considered more "doubtful" designations for players who were unlikely to play. The Steelers played just 6-of-22 questionable players for a league-low rate of 27.3 percent. That's the third time since 2014 that the Steelers had the lowest play rate of questionable players, as only 5-of-25 questionable Steelers were active in the 2014 and 2015 seasons.

This is also the third year in a row (Dan Quinn's whole tenure) that Atlanta used questionable less often than any team, with just 10 players in 2017. The only other team with fewer than 20 questionable players was Tennessee (15), which had been rarely playing its questionable players in previous years under Mike Mularkey, but did so at the average rate of two-thirds this season.

In 2016, Washington's Jay Gruden played 89.4 percent of his "questionable" players, the second-highest rate in the league. He had the highest rate in his 2014 rookie season and was middle-of-the-pack in 2015. In 2017 he had the sixth-highest rate played, but also had to use questionable more than any team (94 times), as you will see below.

Tampa Bay has been the team with the most questionable use of questionable in the two years since Dirk Koetter took over as head coach. In 2016, the Buccaneers played 43-of-47 questionable players for a league-high 91.5 percent rate. In 2017, the Buccaneers played 53-of-57 questionable players for a league-high 93.0 percent rate. Basically, if Tampa Bay lists someone as questionable, he's almost certainly going to play that week. That's not the intended use of the designation. If it's that high of a certainty that the player is going to play, then he should not be listed on the Game Status Report. He should be a Blank, which Tampa Bay rarely uses.

2017 AGL Results

Last year, Chicago set the new benchmark for AGL in a season. The Bears almost led the league in injuries again, but a 10-game suspension to injured linebacker Jerrell Freeman (removing him from AGL for that period) was enough to give another old-school NFC team the crown. Since there were some changes to the participation rates for questionable players, we recalculated AGL totals for 2016. Those new totals are presented along with the 2017 numbers in the following table. The 2016 Bears still hold the record with 158.8 AGL.

Team 2017 AGL Rk 2016 AGL Rk
LAR 15.6 1 30.7 1
ATL 16.3 2 52.4 6
TEN 27.6 3 32.5 2
PIT 30.5 4 62.2 12
DAL 37.2 5 73.8 17
JAX 38.3 6 73.7 16
CAR 42.9 7 58.1 9
OAK 44.2 8 67.5 13
BUF 44.5 9 101.1 27
NYJ 47.4 10 112.2 29
MIN 47.7 11 121.6 30
CLE 52.7 12 97.2 23
PHI 53.5 13 39.6 4
NE 61.3 14 57.5 8
DEN 65.9 15 60.9 10
LAC 67.6 16 129.2 31
Team 2017 AGL Rk 2016 AGL Rk
DET 72.7 17 72.1 14
TB 78.6 18 78.9 18
KC 80.0 19 100.4 26
CIN 80.8 20 35.4 3
GB 84.8 21 72.4 15
SEA 88.2 22 41.9 5
SF 91.6 23 98.8 24
NO 95.9 24 83.2 21
NYG 96.3 25 53.4 7
IND 101.2 26 80.1 20
BAL 101.6 27 62.0 11
ARI 105.6 28 78.9 19
HOU 107.3 29 93.0 22
MIA 115.5 30 102.9 28
CHI 118.1 31 158.8 32
WAS 121.0 32 99.0 25

Note: these numbers are subject to change between now and the release of Football Outsiders Almanac 2018.

When we looked at AGL for head coaches last year, Jay Gruden was only surpassed by Mike McCoy's San Diego teams. After Washington finished last in AGL in 2017, we can say that Gruden has had the most injured teams of any coach since 2002. This 2017 total does not even include anything for safety Su'a Cravens, who shocked everyone when he decided to retire a week before the regular season. He was placed on an exempt list and missed the entire season after getting treated for post-concussion syndrome. Middle linebacker Mason Foster (11.3 AGL) and first-round rookie Jonathan Allen (11.0 AGL) were Washington's two biggest losses by AGL. The skill positions also lost tight end Jordan Reed (8.3 AGL), running backs Rob Kelley (8.6 AGL) and Chris Thompson (6.1 AGL), and wide receiver Terrelle Pryor (7.1 AGL) for extended periods of time. As we'll see next week in the unit breakdowns, the depth of injuries along the offensive line really pushed Washington over the top here. Washington had a league-high 10 players incur at least 6.0 AGL.

When you are the MOST INJURED TEAM IN THE NFLsince 2011 something MAJOR is going on other than golly G bad luck. 

I'm convinced this is related to many factors all of which need to be addressed because it would be next to impossible to pin point one. What are these factors, Lets start with the training room do our players have the proper equipment to get them in game shape? Next lets look at the strength and conditioning coaches, Don't kid yourself about P.E.D.'s and football also anyone who has used or knows someone who has used will tell you about how steroids weaken ligaments and tendons.Maybe this coaching dept isnt doing their job

Next looks look at the team doctors ie Dan Snyder. Are doctors sending injured players with injurys noone knows about out to slaughter, id say no judging how we babied Docston. Finally I think the big thing is how we are practicing. People want to say ACL tears like Guice suffered are just sheer dumb luck but thats not the case. Listen if you dont practice properly and get your body ready to take abuse you WILL GET INJURED. Its like these professional skateboarders who fall 20 ft and land on their knees without a scratch, know how? Because they practice and fall constantly when training. This i believe is the real problem, Maybe its a toxic culture in DC to come to this team and half ass it through practice. Who knows maybe we are known as a soft practice team, maybe dan tells coaches not to push hard.

Whatever you choose to believe , believing bad luck is the cause of ALL our misfortune is just plain ole stupid.

On 8/12/2018 at 3:13 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I believe we’ve been over this numerous times in the past.  You like to believe you’re a free thinker and those with an opposing point of view are merely sheep.  It’s never been a good look for you and that hasn’t changed.  

I realize this point continues to evade you but this is Dans day late and a dollar short organization so ultimately everything starts with him.  

I have to admit...you make me a believer that functional insanity is real. Unless you're posting from Arkham of course. In that case, disregard.

Either way.....

404p1iivjrlk.gif.1d2b7b5cce73f0110dba6656c834a9e1.gif

10 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

Didn't know where else to put this but seems relevant.

Story about Cravens and him missing time that just came out in SI

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/08/15/sua-cravens-washington-redskins-injury-grievance-trade-denver-broncos

Saw that, thanks for the link. Depending on who you believe, looks like the FO might have pulled some shady stuff.

45 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

I have to admit...you make me a believer that functional insanity is real. Unless you're posting from Arkham of course. In that case, disregard.

Either way.....

Either way, attack the post, not the poster. There are rules about that. Also, anyone using the term "sheep" to describe people whose opinions they don't agree with, automatically goes into the "Alex Jones Zone", along with "woke".

9 hours ago, joeken24 said:

Either way.....

Every time I read your posts, I'm hoping that you're just a troll saying ridiculous things to provoke response rather than a real human being that means what you say while stealing air from the rest of us.

19 hours ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

When you are the MOST INJURED TEAM IN THE NFLsince 2011 something MAJOR is going on other than golly G bad luck. 

I'm convinced this is related to many factors all of which need to be addressed because it would be next to impossible to pin point one. What are these factors, Lets start with the training room do our players have the proper equipment to get them in game shape? Next lets look at the strength and conditioning coaches, Don't kid yourself about P.E.D.'s and football also anyone who has used or knows someone who has used will tell you about how steroids weaken ligaments and tendons.Maybe this coaching dept isnt doing their job

Next looks look at the team doctors ie Dan Snyder. Are doctors sending injured players with injurys noone knows about out to slaughter, id say no judging how we babied Docston. Finally I think the big thing is how we are practicing. People want to say ACL tears like Guice suffered are just sheer dumb luck but thats not the case. Listen if you dont practice properly and get your body ready to take abuse you WILL GET INJURED. Its like these professional skateboarders who fall 20 ft and land on their knees without a scratch, know how? Because they practice and fall constantly when training. This i believe is the real problem, Maybe its a toxic culture in DC to come to this team and half ass it through practice. Who knows maybe we are known as a soft practice team, maybe dan tells coaches not to push hard.

Whatever you choose to believe , believing bad luck is the cause of ALL our misfortune is just plain ole stupid.

Guice practiced properly and tore his ACL. It’s a freak injury that could happen to anyone.

I questioned the S&T staff last year some time.

Health is important to the players, they have nutritional diets they must stick to, but I don't think its an advantage, more of a give/take scenario.

Yes, their bodies will be healthier, with all of the proper nutrients which are regulated, but I'm sorry I just can't wrap my head around this being better for them on the football field.

I look back during the years where nutrition wasn't something followed so scientifically; these guys would come in for lunch and eat a 3 or 4  2-inch thick porterhouse steaks, 8 potatoes, a bucket of gravy, and probably an entire cake, AT ONE SITTING! [ I'm porking up just thinking about all that ].

But I don't remember them having all of these injuries, maybe its just me, but their biggest challenge was stamina.

Last year, the injuries really began to add up after the first 3 weeks of the regular season; yea, these guys do play hard in preseason, but not to the level of regular season games. Its more or less getting their muscle memory back.

Archived