Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: STATEMENT BY THE WASHINGTON #REDSKINS

TK

Heard the news as I sat in endless traffic, how you NOVA guys do that every day is beyond me.  I got so tired of B Mitch and the others saying we won 3 SBs with 3 different RBs it's all up front that matters.  Well first of all we don't have the Hogs, we have Shawn Lavaou.  Secondly those RBs were John Riggins, Ernest Byner etc. and nobody is confusing Rob Kelly with John Riggins.

So yeah this is a brutal blow, they needed a real RB badly.  

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Heard the news as I sat in endless traffic, how you NOVA guys do that every day is beyond me.  I got so tired of B Mitch etc saying we won 3 SBs with 3 different RBs.  Well first of all we don't have the Hogs,we have Shawn Lavaou.  Secondly those RBs were John Riggins, Ernest Byner etc. and nobody is confusing Rob Kelly with John Riggins.

So yeah this is a brutal blow, they needed a real RB badly.  

Thank you.

I couldn’t believe both BMitch and Czabe downplaying this.  It’s okay to call a spade a spade.  This is very bad. Next man up is horse****, when the next man up pales in comparison to the last man.

57 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

What the hell are you talking about? How is this Snyder's fault?

How is it the Redskins' fault? The injury happened at Foxboro, not Fed Ex Field.

Everything Snyder’s fault. Where have you been for the last 20 yrs???

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Thank you.

I couldn’t believe both BMitch and Czabe downplaying this.  It’s okay to call a spade a spade.  This is very bad. Next man up is horse****, when the next man up pales in comparison to the last man.

One of them read a text that says you can't miss what you never had so no big deal.  Oh really? Does that apply to Alex Smith and Payne as well?   

That's so idiotic.  

9 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

One of them read a text that says you can't miss what you never had so no big deal.  Oh really? Does that apply to Alex Smith and Payne as well?   

That's so idiotic.  

Wow. I finally agree with Mr. Fan!! That was an extremely short sighted statement by BMitch. But that is his MO sometimes. I say we give Andy Reid a call back about their running backs. See if we can take Spencer Ware off their hands for a future draft pick. It would be bull **** to be stuck with running backs that don't have vision and burst. You can't coach that and we've only got two (Guice and CT) that has it.

The coach, gm and everybody that was ask a question about the RB position literally admitted that they needed a RB in the draft. Which says that the next man up is not on this roster!!!

I do find myself intrigued with Marshall.

9 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

That's so idiotic.  

Yeah, Czabe went so far as to say Guice might not have been any good.  As if it wasn’t obvious to anyone with eyes that Guice is head and shoulders better than anyone else we have.  We’ve talked ad nauseum about the desperate need for a back of his caliber.  We got one and he’s out for the season after a few preseason snaps.  Um yeah, I think that qualifies for reason to lose our collective minds.

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Yeah, Czabe went so far as to say Guice might not have been any good.  As if it wasn’t obvious to anyone with eyes that Guice is head and shoulders better than anyone else we have.  We’ve talked as nauseum about the desperate need for a back of his caliber.

Yes, if Kelly or Perine were on the same level as Guice, then there would've been no reason to draft Guice. The Redskins could've just stuck with Kelly and Perine.

Now the Redskins are stuck with them.

I think the radio guys were just trying to get fans to maintain interest in the team.  We all know injuries happen but it's asinine to say this will not be a big deal.  A first down RB was literally the biggest need on this team and they found a really good one.  Chris Thomas is a role player, and he fills that role very well. But when he runs up the middle he is down at first contact, when hits the pile he stops dead.   He does not count.  

No surprise whatsoever.  I advise everyone to not torture yourself with what could have or should have been and deal with what is.  Just put Guice on your mental shelf for this year, because he is simply not an option.  The only real question is "who is next?"

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Imagine if you just stumbled in out of the woods right now and logged on to extremeskins. 

You'd think the team plane went down. 

Yeah this sucks but damn people get a grip. 

Imagine if you rooted for a team that trotted out stiffs like Matt Jones, Rob Kelly and Perine for 3 straight season. Then they finally land the most dynamic back they've had since, well since Clinton Portis or maybe longer.  Lots of excitement, then and he goes down on a routine play.  He looks to be OK and early reports say a sprained MCL and then suddenly out of the blue WHAM he's done for the season?

Well it's certainly understandable that fans would be upset. 

If Philadelphia cuts josh Adams I strongly suggest the skins pick him up...  can catch, has speed, and weighs about 228...  

runs a bit upright at times but better than what we got...  need a game breaker...

thats if they cut him he’s had a solid camp.

So, just for kicks, I pulled up the career college rushing stats of 3 of our youngsters, out of curiosity if, even though quite unlikely, there might be any potential that any of these guys could be a decent ball carrier for 1st and 2nd down.

Keep in mind, that all of these guys had far more impressive college rushing careers than Rob Kelley.

Not making any claims. Just for informational purposes only.

Kapri Bibbs

Att   - Yards - Avg - TD

281 - 1741 - 6.2 - 31

Byron Marshall

Att   - Yards - Avg - TD

307  - 1877 - 6.1 -  19

Martez Carter

Att   - Yards - Avg - TD

129 -  1004 - 7.8 -  10

So here's a list of players that were projected to be stars in this area. Through unfortunate (some tragic) events, the projection ended in heartache or disappointment (not ranked):

Heartache:

Len Bias

Sean Taylor

Most of the Redskins first rounders to include RGIII and Lavar Arrington

Bryce Harper (projected)

Stephen Strasberg (projected)

I pray Guice does not make this list, but I remember how RGIII grabbed the hearts of this fan base before his injury and subsequent downward spiral.

Its going to be difficult for guys like Norman and CT to be around Guice as much during the season and this rehad **** is lonely as ****.

I hope he stays in Ashburn.

Archived