Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

I'm completely disgusted.  Women should have the right to decide what happens to their bodies.

As a father of 4 (with 3 different women mind you), I have learned that women have the right to make choices that affect them. I have a personal stake in this as my 1st wife decided to abort our 2nd child without my consent.

At first, I was passed the hell doff. But looking back now all these years later, I can admit she was right.

We don't have the right to tell women what they can or can't do with their bodies. We say rape isn't right, but by God we can regulate whether they have a child or not.

Christ people, what the **** are the Republicans trying to say at his point? I don't get it.

My hope is God shuts this **** down soon.  Otherwise,  we'll destroy ourselves soon enough. Particularly when dumbasses follow MTG as if she a saintly authority. 

HTTR!

7 hours ago, Ball Security said:

If Goodell had any balls he’d pull the 2026(?) Super Bowl from Louisiana.

I understand that it’s relatively minor on a larger scale, but these states need to face repercussions.

NBA did that to North Carolina over the Bathroom bill, agreed, no Super Bowls in states tryin to ban abortions.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thanks 1

ATL did it,  MLB All-Star Game got moved by the governing body over the new voting restrictions in GA.  I know a lot of folks in my business needed that business, but...

We ain't playin' around down here anymore, if y'all haven't noticed.  Our Gov and LT Gov hit the highlight reels in their testimonies.  We're gonna straighten all this **** out so another idiot can't come in and play games with our electors.  

Three recounts.  Two by hand.  At taxpayer expense.  We'll do whatever it takes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, China said:

How about impeachment investigations for Supreme Court justices that lied in the confirmation hearings, or for Justice Thomas for not recusing himself in 2020 election cases when his wife was actively trying to help overturn the election?

I'm strongly opposed. 

Impeachment of Supreme Court justices, because they ruled the way everybody in the room knew they were going to rule, when they were confirmed, is simply another step in the direction of lawless partisanship. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Larry said:

I'm strongly opposed. 

Impeachment of Supreme Court justices, because they ruled the way everybody in the room knew they were going to rule, when they were confirmed, is simply another step in the direction of lawless partisanship. 

There are written notes concerning Kavanaugh's reassurance to Collins he wouldn't try to overturn Roe, there's no way she knew he was lying and voted for him anyway.  Naive for even Manchin to believe that, but this is one case I will give him the benefit of the doubt, this level of removing rights by reversing precedent is unprecedented. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

NBA did that to North Carolina over the Bathroom bill, agreed, no Super Bowls in states tryin to ban abortions.

For me, whenever someone makes the cost

hanger comment, it just strikes me as insensitive and callous. Or disingenuous. Yes we know poor women are going to be forced to make dangerous impossible decisions as a results of an abortion ban… but the coat hanger imagery doesn’t strike the right tone with me.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

All for the fight on this. But Bette Midler retweeting this from a HS friend of Ivanka's is a losing strategy. She wants to do something? Go to her liberal elitist Hollywood pals and start producing content for PACs with simple understandable messages voters will understand and empathize with before the midterms. 

• Thumb up 3

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

there's no way she knew he was lying and voted for him anyway.

Then she's an idiot. 

I knew he was lying. About multiple things, but that was certainly one of them. And I couldn't pick out a picture of the guy. 

Every Justice the R's have appointed knew in advance that lying was a job requirement. In fact, they knew it when they were in Law School. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

hanger comment, it just strikes me as insensitive and callous. Or disingenuous. Yes we know poor women are going to be forced to make dangerous impossible decisions as a results of an abortion ban… but the coat hanger imagery doesn’t strike the right tone with me.

And it shouldn't. 

But that's how it was.  I'm old enough to know the entire history of this subject.  Rubbers break.  Not every pill was 100%, even if you took it at the same time every day as recommended. 

I guess it could be said that if you don't want to be pregnant, don't screw.  But we all know human nature, and I don't think I need to say any more. 

Men get away.  We're left to deal with them and what they left behind. 

• Like 4

I’m for expanding the court.  Republicans cheated Obama out of a Supreme Court justice making up some baloney about letting the election decide.  Then went back on their own manufactured bull**** when a similar scenarios came up as Trump was on his way out.  Their justices mislead the senate during confirmation too.  They’ve cheated at every stage of the game.  

I don’t want to invalidate the court, but cheating that causes suffering of this magnitude can’t go without a response. This isn’t limited to just the court, but a broad pattern of behavior.  They suppress voters, put up phony candidates with similar names to democrats, claim election fraud, support an insurrection, sabotage government, and steal a supremely court… and the response is some contrived response about doing what’s right?  No.  This lack of response has only lead to more behavior from them that leading the nation towards a crisis point.  Fighting is what’s right.

the problem is that democrats lack conviction and unity.  They suffer frauds like Manchin and try to keep everyone civil… and all it costs them is everything.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

55 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Noted. Should I take it down?

Edit: Done.

32 minutes ago, Larry said:

Then she's an idiot. 

I knew he was lying. About multiple things, but that was certainly one of them. And I couldn't pick out a picture of the guy. 

Every Justice the R's have appointed knew in advance that lying was a job requirement. In fact, they knew it when they were in Law School. 

It's it shame they aren't under oath during nomination hearing, plenty of people get fired for lying about something during their interview process, not unheard of, why they above that level of scrutiny is beyond me.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

Sort of like she's been doing.
She lies, votes according to party, then when it is exactly what everyone including her knows it was going to be, she plays the 'gosh, i had no idea" card.

Susan Collins can catch on fire. That'd be nice.

~Bang

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

@Destino only way I support expanding SCOTUS is with clarifying the size to making expanding further harder or close to impossible.  Because GOP could expand the court, too.

At this point I’m just looking for democrats to show some real fight.  There’s a time to negotiate how things will work in the future and that time is when you’re opponent begs for the opportunity.  Democrats have superior numbers and it’s time for them to stop begging for civility from an opponent that is eager to disenfranchise, cheat, and even lead an insurrection if that what it takes.  We can settle how the court should be handled when republican leaders understand that their lying and cheating will trigger an extreme and painful response, each and every time.

democrats should be passing legislation right now declaring that any organized efforts to oppress votes will be treated as treason.  That election officials, caught refusing to do their jobs due to partisan political bias or belief in conspiracy theories will be charged with a new crime of anti democractic actions and jailed for no less than twenty years.

Fight damnit.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

Weren't the "justices" very careful with their wording to not technically lie when asked about Roe v. Wade?  They'd weasel out by saying things like "it's settled" and that it is "precedent", but stopped short of saying they wouldn't overturn it.  That said, are we not sworn to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth in a courtroom?

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Destino said:

democrats should be passing legislation right now declaring that any organized efforts to oppress votes will be treated as treason.  That election officials, caught refusing to do their jobs due to partisan political bias or belief in conspiracy theories will be charged with a new crime of anti democractic actions and jailed for no less than twenty years.

Fight damnit.  

What has to be attacked is the money creating what looks like political bias, and it has to be an all in tooth and nail fight.

Too many politicians are terrified of losing money for their campaigns because even the local ones have turned into national arms races, how many of them actually care about this BS they are peddling is impossible to tell until this is addressed. Some of them will say anything to get money and it shows, that's not political bias in my book.

Some of them have no problem saying what gets them the money, but how many are trapped out of fear of death threats and getting primaried by a candidate with national backing, like some of these candidates Trump is endorsing?  People upping the rhetoric are the safest while the moderates are getting purged because of this.

Threatening folks with treason isn't enough, especially since Republicans will jus return the favor in kind.  Citizens United and ruling/laws like them have to be directly attacked, there's too much money in politics and its killing our democracy. Otherwise Pelosi blocking legislation to stop congress from owning stocks and whatever the hell Machin is doing while tied up with coal companies get away scott-free.

I'm open to reviewing what counts as treason, but that has to be done first before throwing around charges.  We are seeing a lot of unethical **** that is technically not illegal yet, especially in voter suppression. Yet.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Larry said:

I'm strongly opposed. 

What about Clarence Thomas and his obvious conflict of interest in 2020 election cases with his wife's involvement?  Seems worthy of an investigation to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

NYT: Clarance Thomas Said His Main Goal As Justice Is To ‘Make Liberals’ Lives Miserable’

According to a report re-published by The new York Times, Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas told his law clerks he intended to serve on the highest court of the land to make the lives of liberals “miserable.”

Thomas was confirmed to the Supreme Court in 1991 amid contentious confirmation hearings over sexual harassment allegations by one of his subordinates, Anita Hill, who accused the justice of repeated, unwanted sexual advances and inappropriate conduct in the workplace. He was ultimately confirmed in a 52-48 vote.

According to The New York Times, however, the conservative Supreme Court Justice was resentful of the media coverage of his confirmation hearing.

The newspaper reported that during a conversation with his clerks in 1993, Thomas expressed his desire to serve on the court until the year 2034 in order to torment liberals.

“The liberals made my life miserable for 43 years,” a former clerk remembered Thomas saying, according to The Times. “And I’m going to make their lives miserable for 43 years.”

Click on the link for more

• Thumb down 1

48 minutes ago, China said:

Why would right wingers be upset over racist speech directed at a black man? Republicans are openly the de-facto party of white supremacy. 

Interested to see what that chuckle **** Thomas has to say when fellow conservatives start to relabel him 3/5s of a person. 

2 hours ago, Destino said:

democrats should be passing legislation right now

I have to go back to the hymnal (The US Constitution) and look, but I’m pretty sure new legislation I has to pass the sea te with a 2/3 majority.  Confirmations are now 51%. The budget reconciliation process is also 51%.  

But I think new stuff is more, and there are also filibuster rules.  

It’s still hard with an even split senate  is I guess my point.