Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

@TheGreatBuzz
@RedskinsFan44

Here is the problem with rejecting Kavanaugh now, even on Executive Power grounds... midterms are a month away. There is a chance the Senate changes hands... hence need to ram him through.

Sheesh Bart, you are a 50 year old man... why couldn't you just cop to being a doofus, drinking teenager/young adult? Or at least say your group of friends were doofuses...

So you signed a letter, "Bart"... you called yourself Bart. Why hide that from the Senator when directly questioned on it? Sure your answer was truthful, but much of your answers were half truths..

You have thrown all credibility out with half the country by this process, something Sotomayor (sp?), Kagan, and Gorsuch held onto through the intense spotlight of this process.

Your GOP/conservative pals think the "boys will be boys" wink-wink defense is enough -- that I LIKE BEER is a rallying cry...

So you can't get your precious lifelong Supreme Court seat because of shady stuff that happened in High School. You want to look at Obi Wan Clintoni and say, I HATE YOU --YOU TURNED THE PUBLIC AGAINST ME...

And the public is saying to you: YOU HAVE DONE THAT YOURSELF

Mislead about drinking games, mislead about losing control while drunk, mislead about when you heard certain allegations, mislead about FFFFF, mislead about being called "Bart", mislead about only drinking on weekends.... maybe you misled your wife about your virginity... maybe you misled your church... this is just bad... all the way around bad.

And no one say, "this is a new low, this is a new norm..." because Gorsuch got confirmed without two peeps...

Ironic if you read about FFFFF .. the last F is "forget them..."

• Like 2

When I see a story from a site with a name like "legal insurrection" I click on the homepage to see what the tone of the entirety is. It was hyper-partisan. However, Grassley did send a letter about the allegations and there is definitely stuff posted on here from hyper-partisan left sites on occasion. I want freebacon.

7 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

K, so you don't care to see the difference between what Kav is alleged to have done and rape?  Tomato, tomahto, eh?  

Alright then... 

Emotionally, to Ford the attack may have been just as profound. We saw how she was impacted, right? We saw how that attack has played over her entire life, right?

Would the damage to her life be that much greater with penetration? 

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Emotionally, to Ford the attack may have been just as profound. We saw how she was impacted, right? We saw how that attack has played over her entire life, right?

I'm gonna go with "probably" for $1000 Alex.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

I'm gonna go with "probably" for $1000 Alex.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Just a hunch.  Probably.

I think I agree. I'd normally agree, but there's something in her narrative. The years she tried to deny to herself that this was worth talking about because she hadn't been raped, the idea that she didn't deserve support because this was an "almost." The way this event seems to have haunted her life and changed how she operated in it... even to the extent of how she needed to build extra exits so she could escape her house.

Seems she was plenty scarred by the psychological rape. If rape is about power and not sex, then they exerted that power, made her feel helpless, made her feel she was going to die, diminished her by laughing at her protests, etc.

You're probably right that rape would add to it, but I don't think we should for an instant down play the effects we saw.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I think I agree. I'd normally agree, but there's something in her narrative. The years she tried to deny to herself that this was worth talking about because she hadn't been raped, the idea that she didn't deserve support because this was an "almost." The way this event seems to have haunted her life and changed how she operated in it... even to the extent of how she needed to build extra exits so she could escape her house.

Seems she was plenty scarred by the psychological rape. If rape is about power and not sex, then they exerted that power, made her feel helpless, made her feel she was going to die, diminished her by laughing at her protests, etc.

You're probably right that rape would add to it, but I don't think we should for an instant down play the effects we saw.

Not that anyone gives a **** about what Kavanaugh is being accused of and how he's being perceived, but I was more talking about him than her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

HOLY ****. I never thought we would get to the point that someone would try to justify purposeful exaggeration.  This is now 2 posters that are perfectly OK saying Kavanaugh raped Ford. JESUS CHRIST. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

HOLY ****. I never thought we would get to the point that someone would try to justify purposeful exaggeration.  This is now 2 posters that are perfectly OK saying Kavanaugh raped Ford. JESUS CHRIST. 

I never said Kavanaugh raped Dr. Ford. I don't know that he even sexually assaulted her. What I did say was the effect of this attack to her was profound, devastating and life changing. She seems to have experienced many of the worst traumas and aftereffects of physical rape.

So, I disliked any trivialization of the attack upon her. The attack's impact on her life was serious and very real.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I never said Kavanaugh raped Dr. Ford. I don't know that he even sexually assaulted her. What I did say was the effect of this attack to her was profound, devastating and life changing. She seems to have experienced many of the worst traumas and aftereffects of physical rape.

So, I disliked any trivialization of the attack upon her. The attack's impact on her life was serious and very real.

Come on Burg. No one here ever said the impact wasn't serious and very real. WE SAID IT WASN'T RAPE. There is a reason rape and sexual assaults have different penalties. You know this. And pointing out the difference between the two is not trivializing...

I think if you are looking from outside, within, than no,it wasn't rape, maybe not even attempted rape. Of course not.  However, if you put yourself in Ford's shoes, assuming she is telling the truth. At 15 years old, you are thrown onto the bed, guy on top of you, trying to undress you, covering your mouth so you can't be heard screaming for help?  What do you think she was thinking at the moment?

"Oh this is just aggressive horseplay?"

We are confusing Kavanaugh's intent with what something like this would mentally do to a person that has no idea the intent of Kavanaugh. All they know is they are being held against their will with someone trying to take their clothes off.  

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Come on Burg. No one here ever said the impact wasn't serious and very real. WE SAID IT WASN'T RAPE. There is a reason rape and sexual assaults have different penalties. You know this. And pointing out the difference between the two is not trivializing...

I agree there is a difference and he the alleged incident shouldn't be referred to as "rape". But calling it "sexual assault" could connotate groping. What Ford described was clearly attempted rape. Push her into room, lock the door, turn up music, physically restraining her, cover her mouth so she can't scream, trying to get her clothes off. This isn't some guy grabbing her butt as she walked by. 

Edited by RedskinsFan44
  • Like 1