Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Domino's Pizza unveils U.S. infrastructure project filling potholes

China

Domino's Pizza unveils U.S. infrastructure project filling potholes

Domino’s Pizza ($DPZ) is filling in potholes in towns across the U.S. with a new ‘”Paving for Pizza” initiative. The American pizza chain announced on Monday that it will help “smooth the ride home” for deliveries by making pothole repairs in towns nominated by their customers.

Domino’s has already been working with four municipalities to help repair potholes on roads, including Bartonville, Texas, Milford, Delaware, Athens, Georgia, and Burbank, California.

In Milford, Domino’s says it helped fix 40 potholes on 10 roads in 10 hours with four crew members.

“Facing an already harsher winter than usual for Delaware, this is an opportunity to get additional money to stretch our city’s limited resources,” said Eric Norenberg, city manager of the town, on the website.

83d287d7307b4cf7dd56812f6724eebc

Click on the link for the full article

Dominoes has been doing a lot of innovative things lately to try to evolve.  Started the Pizza Tracker thing some number of years ago and have kept pushing forward with new ideas since.  With the delivery hot spots and this, I think they've found a couple more pretty good ideas.

23 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I like them filling potholes, I don't like them putting the logo on it.  Are you really helping us ot or is it just marketing ploy? It cheapens it looking at that, especially if its a road with a lot of them, seriously?

Nothing in life is free. 

Just now, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Nothing in life is free. 

True, but that's like covering up some gang graffiti with an advertisment and saying you were just looking out for the community.  Just plug 'em and show where you plug them, call out state and local transportation departments (like vdot).  There's a way to get across the good they are doing without filling our roads with ads (because it comes across like that's really what they're doing and hoping people are cool with it all things considered).

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

8938506.jpg

That's exactly what it is, and I may be in the minority here, but I feel like they negate each other at minimum.

I would expect the cost to be lifted from tax.. but it wont. Sounds super, but it's just an example of how we don't get what we pay for. Chances are the budgets for filling potholes are being looted by politicians and contractors and cheated by perpetually angry but always cheating voter man.

This pothole logo indicates failure and meek acceptance.

~Bang

Yea, a pizza spot shouldn't have to be doing this. 

But if you have ever bought new tires for your whip and then took a trip into DC you would be happy someone is doing something about this ****. I dont really care if they have free add space. Everything else is covered in ads and no one pays attention to street marking anymore anyway. Hell in DC half of them dont even mean anything in the first place. 

7 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Dominoes has been doing a lot of innovative things lately to try to evolve.  Started the Pizza Tracker thing some number of years ago and have kept pushing forward with new ideas since.  With the delivery hot spots and this, I think they've found a couple more pretty good ideas.

How about stop making ****ty pizza?  That one come across their desks yet?

They do a good thing that saves taxpayers money and improves the quality of life, and people are bothered by advertising? Seriously?

This is an ideal private/public partnership. I would rather see a few Dominoes logos on the street than have to pay for new front-end alignments, tolls or gas taxes.

And yes, their pizza still sucks.

You'd have to show me it saved taxpayers any money.

The money for pothole repair wasn't used for pothole repair.

That's all. 

~Bang

3 minutes ago, twa said:

and if the govt was functioning properly there would be no opportunity for this.

As iv'e said a million times,, the biggest grifters and cheats and aren't on welfare.. the ones who cost us the most are not poor.

~Bang

33 minutes ago, zoony said:

How about stop making ****ty pizza?  That one come across their desks yet?

Dont start no **** wont be no **** 

18 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

And yes, their pizza still sucks.

Getting real tired of you in particular lol

6 minutes ago, Bang said:

You'd have to show me it saved taxpayers any money.

The money for pothole repair wasn't used for pothole repair.

That's all. 

~Bang

As iv'e said a million times,, the biggest grifters and cheats and aren't on welfare.. the ones who cost us the most are not poor.

~Bang

potholes cost taxpayers money in car repairs and aggravation.

ta get the govt ya deserve

5 minutes ago, twa said:

potholes cost taxpayers money in car repairs and aggravation.

ta get the govt ya deserve

You sound like the cow in the slaughterhouse line telling everyone else they should have learned to jump the fence.

Somehow i wonder if you realize the 'gov't ya deserve' is also the same one stealing from you.

~Bang

Archived