Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

My dude, you have a thing for justifying bigotry against Muslims don't you?

no. i said this literally one post above yours-

it could be religious bigotry, though, if he in fact has no radical ties and one assumes that he does. 

The Muslim Brotherhood claim was fact-checked by HuffPo and I'm not going to do the due diligence of linking it again. Please open the article and read it yourself.

i said i'm very skeptical when it comes to sources. huff po is not outside of that wide circle of skepticism and they are not exactly unbiased. and, few are when it comes to some topics, hence, the skepticism. i'm not interested in choosing a side, but i do want to know what is true and what isnt. if there are terrorist sympathizers serving in the leadership of the MSA, thats not good. if there arent, that is an organization that has my full support, as is any that is against radicalism. 

deleted.

Edited by grego

2 hours ago, grego said:

I did a very quick search about this. Apparently he was VP of a chapter of the Muslim student association, which has been accused of ties with the Muslim brotherhood, and called a "Radicalization incubator" by the NYPD. 

I assume the last part is true, and it appears that people in the MSA have been found to be terrorist sympathizers, including MSA’s national president from 1983, Abdurrahman Alamoudi. 

I question sources and basically don't trust any when it comes to some issues, so I don't know what's accurate or not, but it's something to look into. 

(don't know why font got big - not intentional.- ok fixed)

Where did you search?

It isn't hard to find plenty of places where there are reports of the NYPD giving up operations against the MSA and admitting that they found nothing:

http://www.sbstatesman.com/2014/05/01/msa-relieved-as-nypd-surveillance-program-comes-to-an-end/

(Also, that was in the north east.  To suggest that it affected every college campus MSA is crazy.)

3 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Ah. now you got me all sad thinking about thinwhiteduke. I miss that crazy ass, **** for brains, dumb****.

Him not having an AMA before he was taken out to pasture was such a missed opportunity for ES glory.  Straight travesty, really.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, PeterMP said:

Where did you search?

It isn't hard to find plenty of places where there are reports of the NYPD giving up operations against the MSA and admitting that they found nothing:

http://www.sbstatesman.com/2014/05/01/msa-relieved-as-nypd-surveillance-program-comes-to-an-end/

(Also, that was in the north east.  To suggest that it affected every college campus MSA is crazy.)

not sure yet. going down a bit of a rabbit hole with this one, trying to figure out whats legit and whats crap, and it varies pretty wildly depending on who is doing the telling. (not just with the nypd bit) gonna have to do some digging. 

15 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Him not having an AMA before he was taken out to pasture was such a missed opportunity for ES glory.  Straight travesty, really.

He was not that interesting to be honest. The crazy was interesting at first but his entire schtick was the same. 

15 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

He was not that interesting to be honest. The crazy was interesting at first but his entire schtick was the same. 

Agreed.  There was a point where having one thread instead of him derailing others would've been ideal, what I was getting at.  Learned a lot from that whole episode.

10 hours ago, grego said:

not sure yet. going down a bit of a rabbit hole with this one, trying to figure out whats legit and whats crap, and it varies pretty wildly depending on who is doing the telling. (not just with the nypd bit) gonna have to do some digging. 

With respect to the NYPD thing, the NYPD appears to clearly have admitted that despite spying on multiple MSAs through the North East, they found nothing.  Certainly, nobody has been prosecuted for a crime based on NYPD (or anybody else's) investigations of MSAs.

And aiding terrorists is a crime.  If these organizations are hot beds for radical Islam, then you have to conclude the NYC law enforcement community is inept.

(And again, even if they found something in some MSA, that doesn't mean that it was happening at UM.)

5 hours ago, visionary said:

Let me guess... the country needs to be saved from liberals and he’s saying Trump is another Lincoln, right?

Someone want to explain to these morons the hypocrisy behind treating the word “liberal” as a bad thing while constantly bringing up how awesome Lincoln was?

11 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Someone want to explain to these morons the hypocrisy behind treating the word “liberal” as a bad thing while constantly bringing up how awesome Lincoln was?

They're too busy defending the side that killed Lincoln and fought for slavery and against the United States to listen.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

He wouldn't be allowed.  No fixed address.

If we're talking that level of hypothetical, you really think we'd leave that out?  Absentee ballot for the win if he's going to stay on the road like he used to.

• Haha 2

Baby fascist is at it again:

Nothing matters anymore. The US president demands fealty from his citizens like a brutal third world dictator, and no one on the right bats an eye. 

Same comment made by Obama, and their heads would have exploded. **** them all.

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

Baby fascist is at it again:

Nothing matters anymore. The US president demands fealty from his citizens like a brutal third world dictator, and no one on the right bats an eye. 

Same comment made by Obama, and their heads would have exploded. **** them all.

He can demand whatever, the beauty here is most are free to do as they please.

I remember getting hot when Obama called me the enemy