Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

1 hour ago, Popeman38 said:

This is a hack tweet. The Biden campaign asked if the VP could schedule a stop at his store in the lead-up to the election. A campaign photo-op. The store owner declined.  That is not the same as denying service.

Agree. It's not apples to apples. That didn't stop Paul Ryan (who had him speak at a campaign stop), Fox news, and other right wing zealots from jumping on Chris the Baker's (no, not Swaggy) story and promoting him as a hero (for denying Biden). 

I wonder..was there an escalation of threats and/or violence against his cookie shop (like we are seeing with the Red Hen)? Or did neocons in Radford just buy all his goods for awhile (as I've read in other stories)?

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, zoony said:

Its is pretty disgusting how absolutely polarized and radical the left and right have become in this country.

But i think the scariest part is that the left has no introspection in this regard.  Its just full blown hysteria, 24-7

Superb baiting and masterfully applied.  Master-baiting, if you like.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

those three are fine with it. Thats what they want.

Seriously dude?  You posted a hack tweet that is trying to capitalize on news by showing how a GOP member celebrated a GOP supporter refusing service to a customer. Except that isn't what was done.  In Colorado, a business refused to serve an individual consumer a wedding cake.  In North Carolina, a business refused to provide a service to an individual customer.  Here, in the tweet you posted, a business owner declined to have his business featured in a photo op for a politician he happens to disagree with.

If you can't see a stark difference, that's on you.

36 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Agree. It's not apples to apples. That didn't stop Paul Ryan (who had him speak at a campaign stop), Fox news, and other right wing zealots from jumping on Chris the Baker's (no, not Swaggy) story and promoting him as a hero (for denying Biden). 

I wonder..was there an escalation of threats and/or violence against his cookie shop (like we are seeing with the Red Hen)? Or did neocons in Radford just buy all his goods for awhile (as I've read in other stories)?

The GOP is going to GOP.  But using flawed logic to illustrate the evil of the GOP is no different than just making stuff up.  They already have enough rope to hang themselves, let them hang.  Don't give them an out.

Edited by Popeman38
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, zoony said:

Its is pretty disgusting how absolutely polarized and radical the left and right have become in this country.

But i think the scariest part is that the left has no introspection in this regard.  Its just full blown hysteria, 24-7

It's not disgusting to me. It's incredibly worrying. 

Over the course of two years I've watched people I had respect for, people I enjoyed hearing their opinion because it was very often more informed than mine, turn into foaming at the mouth crazies. They were people I used to be able to build consensus with, now I can't trust a thing they say because the bias is so incredibly strong (and they're completely blind to it.) They fall for tweets as news simply because it fits their mindset that things are that way... tweets... they've lost all ability to differentiate reality from this fantasy worldview they have.

I can hope the D's win in 2018 and some normalcy comes back, and that 2020 things sort of wind down from where they are, but every time I turn around everyone's more riled up than before so it's hard to believe in that hope.

Edited by tshile
  • Like 3

I saw a meme in the other thread talking about how republicans were always for white only restaurants but now whine becaus of SHS being thrown out of a restaurant

This is exactly what i mean about the radicalization of the left.  Hundreds of years of race problems in this country just flippantly placed onto republicans, like the dems are clean in all this.  If that doesnt bug you just slightly factually nevermind morally, you are a straight up dumbass mother****er.  Thats one tiny example.  The outrage over stormy daniels or grab em by the **** while defending bill clinton and jfk and every other politician for decades, the outrage over immigration which has been an unmitigated disaster in this country since 1800, the outrage over the trade war... where was the outrage going back to Reagan when this country was completely sold out to the global economy to shore up political favor against the ussr?  Where has the outrage been over china completely raping this country under the last 4 administrations?  Why is it such an issue now?  Where was the outrage over immigration the past 30 years?

There are thousands of examples in this forum alone, straight hypocrisy, hyperbole, and stupid that has reached unbelievable new levels.  Everyone quoting morons on twitter who do nothing but offer their stupid ****ing opinions all day rather than actually work for a living, whipping each other into partisan frenzies and hysteria, amplifying the absurdity by the minute.  Come back tomorrow, more of the same.  Want to know how ****ing stupid these opinions are?  Go back and read the earlier pages of any of the half dozen trump threads.  Theyre offering predictions that never come true, opinions that are clearly incorrect, and focusing on issues that arent even issues anymore.

Want to take down trump?  1.  Vote.  2.  Look into your own party i.e. Bernie factions 3.  Stay on message, keep it policy driven.  4.  How about a little attention span?  5.  Did i mention get out and vote?  If we had any of this in 2016 maybe this moron wouldnt be president

The more hysterical you get the more entrenched the opposition becomes.  Great op ex in the NYT

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/23/us/politics/republican-voters-trump.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, zoony said:

This is exactly what i mean about the radicalization of the left. 

This radicalization of the left?  Where?  Are you referring to small groups on college campuses?  Twitter journalists?  It sure as hell isn't Democrats that are actually holding public office. If anything they have been pushed to the ever right-ward shifting center on economics and hardly ever have the courage to come out strongly on social issues until the country itself has moved and puts pressure. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

This radicalization of the left?  Where?  Are you referring to small groups on college campuses?  Twitter journalists?  It sure as hell isn't Democrats that are actually holding public office. If anything they have been pushed to the ever right-ward shifting center on economics and hardly ever have the courage to come out strongly on social issues until the country itself has moved and puts pressure. 

“Bernie factions”?!?  Who the hell knows...

1 minute ago, visionary said:

And the ones who aren't often end up doing so or creating their own because of their hard work.

Many of them write bull**** articles that don’t stand up to the lightest of scrutiny. 

Or say things that are completely exarggerated or lies, then if they get caught cry about not being able to use their twitter for personal stuff. 

The entire situation is a joke. 

Just now, tshile said:

Many of them write bull**** articles that don’t stand up to the lightest of scrutiny. 

Or say things that are completely exarggerated or lies, then if they get caught cry about not being able to use their twitter for personal stuff. 

Some do clearly.  But so do many on Fox or other channels or websites.  Do not mock the ways others make a living.   Though of course those who do so by lying and manipulating others dishonestly should be be punished, as they should in every situation.

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

Such as? I'm curious because the ones I see reposted here are usually part of one of the major newspapers or networks.

Sopan Deb, Ali Vitali, David Farenthold, Katy Tur, Maggie Haberman, Andrew Kaczynzki, etc...

4 minutes ago, visionary said:

Some do clearly.  But so do many on Fox or other channels or websites.  Do not mock the ways others make a living.   Though of course those who do so by lying and manipulating others dishonestly should be be punished, as they should in every situation.

A lot of "journalists" these days, aren't, twitter or otherwise.  They end up either as glorified opinion columnists or as source mouthpieces.

Remember in the early days of the Trump admin when every scoop on Trump's admin had some puffery about JaVanka?  Good times.

1 minute ago, visionary said:

Yeah, Fox News is pretty bad. 

I will mock people who puff out their chest about their integrity then throw deceit around the internet (if for no other reason than they're being lazy and bias) and then refuse to own up to it.

They are not journalists. Some of them aren't even talented writers. 

Calling them journalists is a joke, whether it's how they make their living or not is irrelevant.

There are good journalists who use twitter. Not nearly as many as what gets thrown around these threads and elsewhere. It became so common to say "uh, this is wrong" i don't even bother reading them anymore. They're wholly untrustworthy.

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Such as?

Go back and dig through the threads.

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Such as? I'm curious because the ones I see reposted here are usually part of one of the major newspapers or networks.

Sopan Deb, Ali Vitali, David Farenthold, Katy Tur, Maggie Haberman, Andrew Kaczynzki, etc...

I'm confused too.  It seems sad and doesn't really make sense, unless he's talking about specific types of folks on twitter like the Krassensteins who never link to anything, and the conspiracy peddlers who swear something is going to happen and then it doesn't.

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

No thanks. I assumed since you made the assertion you had a list of people in mind.

I do wonder if people don't understand the difference between beat writers and columnists.. especially op-ed columnists.

But you want me to go read through the threads and pull them out? No thanks, either.

I certainly haven't kept a running list of the people spewing incorrect stuff through the ridiculous volume of tweets throughout all the threads.

I don't have any trouble differentiating... You don't strike me as someone who does either. Plenty of people do... we have a serious issue with differentiating between fact/fiction, quality reporting/opinion, etc. 

• Like 1

I see Milo is back in the news in the most Milo way possible.

http://observer.com/2018/06/milo-yiannopoulos-encourages-vigilantes-start-gunning-journalists-down/

Milo Yiannopoulos has started issuing reporters threatening messages when asked to comment for stories.

“I can’t wait for the vigilante squads to start gunning journalists down on sight,” the right-wing nationalist told Observer over text message, in response to a longer feature in development about an Upper East Side restaurant he is said to frequent.

ADVERTISING

While we are complaining about the left and decorum, a GOP congressman has been unapologetically spreading bull**** anti-immigrant propaganda straight from Neo-Nazi’s.

“The left is mean” - people say as being a Nazi is no longer a disqualifier in US conservative politics. 

Also, the current GOP nominee for Senate in VA, who was endorsed by the WH, is openly neo-confederate, supported the Charlotte Neo-Nazi march, and came to their defense afterwards.

Fun times in this country. 

Edited by No Excuses