Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

Ok skippy, I'll type something out just for youuuuu..........

We are in the midst of a criminal coup to overthrow the country and destroy the foundations of our democracy. It is being abetted by our single most dangerous enemy on the planet just so that a very narrow range of people can get a woody over their growing bank accounts. We kidnapping children and caging them to send a message to others about even trying to come here, the trade war is heating up, they've insulted and alienated all of our allies while deepsixing any environmental regs that keep us from breathing air like Beijing and oh yeah, gonna gut Social Security and Medicare along the way.

And you're fine with that, your cheering it and trying to foist lameass rationalizations on others that notice what a ****ing tragedy this is and don't have a leak in their head gasket.

But OH NO, where's the civility? Why can't y'all just agree with the spew, get on board 'Murica! Buy a hat! Go insult a minority, feel the buzz!

I'm done, I'm done trying to give the benefit of the doubt to those that simply weaponize it to offend more. I'm done wasting compassion on people so diseased that they will suffer if "those" people suffer more. I'm WAY done with pretending this isn't the worst passage in our history that keeps getting worse. And I'm done letting those that cheerlead and enable and support it off the hook.

So, how's that work for ya, good?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Ok skippy, I'll type something out just for youuuuu..........

We are in the midst of a criminal coup to overthrow the country and destroy the foundations of our democracy. It is being abetted by our single most dangerous enemy on the planet just so that a very narrow range of people can get a woody over their growing bank accounts. We kidnapping children and caging them to send a message to others about even trying to come here, the trade war is heating up, they've insulted and alienated all of our allies while deepsixing any environmental regs that keep us from breathing air like Beijing and oh yeah, gonna gut Social Security and Medicare along the way.

And you're fine with that, your cheering it and trying to foist lameass rationalizations on others that notice what a ****ing tragedy this is and don't have a leak in their head gasket.

But OH NO, where's the civility? Why can't y'all just agree with the spew, get on board 'Murica! Buy a hat! Go insult a minority, feel the buzz!

I'm done, I'm done trying to give the benefit of the doubt to those that simply weaponize it to offend more. I'm done wasting compassion on people so diseased that they will suffer if "those" people suffer more. I'm WAY done with pretending this isn't the worst passage in our history that keeps getting worse. And I'm done letting those that cheerlead and enable and support it off the hook.

So, how's that work for ya, good?

4I2G.gif

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

PLEASE BE CIVIL.

It has nothing to do with being civil. Cursing screaming and kicking your feet is not where I want to be as a society. So I won’t do it.

The fact is that if half the people saying “we ain’t need to be civil” voted, we wouldn’t have to have a discussion about whether or not we need to be civil.

This is not close to the worst passage in our history. Civil war and Japanese interment camps were worse. But you know, hah, facts....

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

The fact is that if half the people saying “we ain’t need to be civil” voted, we wouldn’t have to have a discussion about whether or not we need to be civil.

That is not a fact.  That is a half-ass attempt to cast aspersions of laziness upon Americans who don’t enjoy the tremendous privilege of being a suburban Becky, like yourself.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

It has nothing to do with being civil. Cursing screaming and kicking your feet is not where I want to be as a society. So I won’t do it.

**** please. 

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

That is not a fact.  That is a half-ass attempt to cast aspersions of laziness upon Americans who don’t enjoy the tremendous privilege of being a suburban Becky, like yourself.

Lets go back to the tape:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fivethirtyeight.com/features/registered-voters-who-stayed-home-probably-cost-clinton-the-election/amp/

Whelp, there it is. 

3 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

We have had huge, multi-page discussions in this forum chastising members who voted 3rd party or withheld their vote over foolish leftist ideology/Wikileaks idiocy.  While your half-ass point may hold a tiny bit of water in the general population, it is entirely without merit in the context of this forum and it’s members.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Larry said:

Just admiring the 172nd iteration of "this disaster isn't the fault of us people who knowingly voted for it.  It's the fault of you people not overruling us."

Nope. I think there are better solutions than “if you can’t beat em, join them” though.

31 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Nope. I think there are better solutions than “if you can’t beat em, join them” though.

How about this...

We crushed you in 1865.  We crushed your Euro brethren in 1945. We crushed you in 1965.  We’re going to crush you again in the very near future.

How does that work for you?

• Thanks 1

JHC what the hell is wrong with all you people????  You  continue to turn this forum into cesspool. Calling her Becky????? - liking that he called her a Becky?????? We're going to crush you?????  

You've all lost you friggen minds (How many times have I told you that over the past 18 months?). Oh and it is helping the guy you hate most.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

We have had huge, multi-page discussions in this forum chastising members who voted 3rd party or withheld their vote over foolish leftist ideology/Wikileaks idiocy.  While your half-ass point may hold a tiny bit of water in the general population, it is entirely without merit in the context of this forum and it’s members.  

This is coming from a person who actually voted for Trump.

Keep passing the buck.

Just now, tshile said:

This is coming from a person who actually voted for Trump.

Keep passing the buck.

I voted for Hillary in the general and you know that.  Try harder.

13 minutes ago, nonniey said:

JHC what the hell is wrong with all you people????  You  continue to turn this forum into cesspool. Calling her Becky????? - liking that he called her a Becky?????? We're going to crush you?????  

You've all lost you friggen minds (How many times have I told you that over the past 18 months?). Oh and it is helping the guy you hate most.

Dude, it’s already happening.  You’re just pretending that it isn’t.

twip-04-charlottesville-protest-car-cras

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

I voted for Hillary in the general and you know that.  Try harder.

Yup, running against the guy you voted for to put him in the general.

You thought it would be funny.

Is it funny?

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Yup, running against the guy you voted for to put him in the general.

You thought it would be funny.

Is it funny?

Trump >>> Cruz.  My conscience is clear.

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/2016/results/primaries/virginia

Btw, let me add that my company was a primary sponsor for last weekends K95 Countryfest.  I spent the majority of my Friday night sipping a Bud Light in the VIP section of the Lee Brice concert surrounded by MAGA.  Absolutely had a blast!  My civility is doing just fine, thank you.

• Like 2