Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

On 12/18/2022 at 6:10 PM, skinsmarydu said:

Especially after knowing he didn't use any of the money he raised to help any candidates.   He's broke. 

Dude's a complete dirtbag.  (Most smart people knew that in the 80s.)  ;)

I honestly don't think he's broke at all. He just doesn't help anyone if it costs money. Not even "his" candidates. 

This man helps NOBODY. EVER. He doesn't care if republicans get elected or not because he really doesn't care (no matter what he says publicly) about passing bills for his voters. What they want doesn't matter. Do we really think he cares about guns or abortion? Do we really think he cares about immigration or foreign relations? That's laughable. 

Money is the only important thing to him. That and staying out of jail. This is why judges ARE important to him. Helping republican governors or congressmen? Nope. MONEY. POWER. WINNING. GRIFTING people who love him. 

You are spot-on about the 80s.I definitely knew it in the 80s and it didn't require any "deep insight." It's blatantly transparent how bad of a person he's always been. That's what amazes me about the support he gets. 1/3 of his adoring crowd love him because they believe "God" has something to do with his rise to power (evangelist syndrome), 1/3 privately abhor him but they know they'll be driven from their community if they come out against him, and 1/3 simply share his selfishness and know if he's president, the business/legal landscape will promote their own greed.

Anyone, including the older school republicans with any sense of decency at all, see right through him. He's repulsive unless you're afraid of the god he pretends to worship, the crowd around you that will ostracize you for "betrayal" if you express doubt, or you simply share his world view. 

Edited by Chachie
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

1). Its entirety possible that Hannity is telling the truth, here. 

2). Of course, he just confessed to repeatedly making defamatory statements, which he knew to be false. Which is literally what he's accused of. 

• Like 4

Hannity admitted that he pushed a lie that he knew was a lie with the express intent of overthrowing the lawfully elected government of the Unite States
He can say he didn't intend for it to result in violent revolt, but prisons are full of guilty people who pretend they didn't realize what the consequences of their actions could be.
Seditious conspiracy. Arrest him and let him prove he didn't intend it during his trial. Because I on't think it would be difficult for the gov't to make their case. There is literally years of footage.

How is it not seditious conspiracy, and how is it they don't roundup ALL of the Fox cabal for the very same conspiracy?

Show texts between them and any of the rest of the right wing echo chamber discussing ANY of it, write the ****ing warrants and end this ****.
The First does not protect that speech, as far as I know. He yelled fire in a crowded theater, knowing full well there was no fire. And they all yelled the same I very much doubt it would hard at all to prove coordinated efforts and conspiracy.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 12/24/2022 at 2:15 PM, EmirOfShmo said:

Capps even defended the bill by citing former president John Adams: “Statesmen may plan and speculate for Liberty, but it is Religion and Morality alone, which can establish the Principles upon which Freedom can securely stand.”

So much for his morality.

Looks like he spent the money he stole on Big Macs.

• Haha 2

On 12/23/2022 at 11:13 AM, Ball Security said:

This is such a small deal compared to everything else.  But imagine supporting this guy.  Lying to you on something so simple and you give up relationships, sometimes your freedom, to defend him.

We also learned from the release of his taxes that he wrote off the $130,000 in hush money he paid to Stormy Daniels.

11 minutes ago, youngestson said:

Neither hear-or-there, but I've heard of Thunberg and had no idea Tate existed. 

Is/was he really a thing?

Yeah, I showed it to my co-worker and she said, "Oh, he's one of those "influencer" douchebags"...and I asked, "Like Joe Rogan kind of douche?" and she said, "Yeah, like that."  🤭

• Haha 1