Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

If Mike Lindell's claims were correct (they're not), he likely broke wiretapping laws

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, with his long-time-coming South Dakota "cyber symposium" finally upon us, is still promising data that will serve as "absolute proof" that agents of the Chinese government stole the 2020 election from Donald Trump. There is no reason to believe any of the pillow king's information is legitimate. In fact, if it were, Lindell could face "very severe" consequences for violating federal wiretapping laws, one expert tells Salon.

Lindell's so-called data has already been described as highly questionable by experts who spoke to CNN. One can only wonder, however, why Lindell would claim he obtained the data in a blatantly illegal fashion. 

A source with 20-plus years of expertise in the cyber-security and technology arena told Salon on Monday that Lindell and his band of "white hat hackers" could face criminal charges if they have anything resembling the kind of data Lindell has claimed. 

Click on the link for the full article

Again, we have a mental health and education crisis in this country:

Donald Trump Will Be Reinstated To Presidency This Year, Third Of Republicans Say In New Poll

Rumors began to swirl this summer that some in former President Donald Trump's inner circle expect him to be reinstated to the presidency by the end of the year.

Notably, My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell has repeatedly claimed to posses evidence of voter fraud that could put Trump back in the White House.

Even Trump himself has indicated there is a chance Democrat Joe Biden is removed from office before the next presidential election.

According to a new poll, many Republican voters share these beliefs.

In a Politico/Morning Consult poll released Wednesday, respondents were asked "How likely do you think it is that former President Donald Trump will be reinstated as U.S. President this year, if at all?"

Per Mediaite, almost a third of Republican respondents said this possibility is likely.

Nineteen percent of them said it is "very likely" Trump will be reinstated, while another 10 percent said it is "somewhat likely" he will be reinstated.

Republican women were more likely than men to answer the question affirmatively.

Click on the link for more

Being a curmudgeon here. But we've got a situation in which people are systematically attacking the very concept of democracy and fair elections. And we're acting like it's great news that at least they might get punished for saying something bad about a corporation. 

• Like 1

Neighbor has had a Trump/Pence sign in his front yard for like 4 years now.  Lately, I've actually been feeling sorry for him.  I figure it's got to be embarrassing to have that thing in the yard, now days.  And my mind has been constructing mental images of some poor sucker who's literally displaying his self-ownage, but who can't take the sign down without it being a public recognition of his loss.  

Today the yard sign is gone.  His carport hos has a flag, maybe 4x6 feel, reading "Trump 2024 - **** Your Feelings".  

I've had the feeling for some time, that a significant factor in the personality of a large segment of the GODC is the "asshole" factor.  His supporters are assholes.  And they've learned that a lot of people don't like assholes.  Being an asshole costs them things.  Dates.  Jobs.  Respect.  And rather than working to try to become less of an asshole, they've simply learned to hide it, some.  And built up more resentment.  

And Donald Trump comes along, and they see in him the person who they wish they were - an asshole who doesn't have to hide it.  And as long as they stand united with their fellow assholes, they can get away with it, too.  They can be assholes, with less penalties.  

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Larry said:

And Donald Trump comes along, and they see in him the person who they wish they were - an asshole who doesn't have to hide it.  And as long as they stand united with their fellow assholes, they can get away with it, too.  They can be assholes, with less penalties.  

I don’t believe it’s about a lack of expression. It’s more about how Trump has shown that you can prevail (over law/rule and others) and succeed, not in spite of it, but because of it.

People should tear down his sign and spray paint his house “Fu** your signs.”

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Larry said:

Neighbor has had a Trump/Pence sign in his front yard for like 4 years now.  Lately, I've actually been feeling sorry for him.  I figure it's got to be embarrassing to have that thing in the yard, now days.  And my mind has been constructing mental images of some poor sucker who's literally displaying his self-ownage, but who can't take the sign down without it being a public recognition of his loss.  

Today the yard sign is gone.  His carport hos has a flag, maybe 4x6 feel, reading "Trump 2024 - **** Your Feelings".  

I've had the feeling for some time, that a significant factor in the personality of a large segment of the GODC is the "asshole" factor.  His supporters are assholes.  And they've learned that a lot of people don't like assholes.  Being an asshole costs them things.  Dates.  Jobs.  Respect.  And rather than working to try to become less of an asshole, they've simply learned to hide it, some.  And built up more resentment.  

^^THIS!!

A hundred X this!

This whole thing has been bubbling and brewing forever, the same stupid losers club we saw in school, acting up, disrupting the class, teasing kids that did their homework and then trying to copy off them during tests. That were sooo cool out late, gettin drunk, spray painting the school or whatever, only to be so stunned when they went to apply for jobs later and got interviewed by those same kids they terrorized in school. And then blamed them for their loserness, and hit the liquor store on the way back to Mom's house.

And we've coddled and accommodated them forever, largely avoiding them societally by default and got on with our lives.

But now their stubbornness, their defiant refusal to do anything they're told has put us all in danger, either personally or the larger state of things in society. They revel in their stubbornness, they flaunt their refusal as a virtue, they have dug in their heels and want to declare war rather than just accepting vaccination, because that in itself is a tacit acceptance of their loserness in this. 

**** off, never stop ****ing off

Mandate vaccines, require proof of vaccination for any public service or accommodation, drop the hammer on anyone selling/using phony vac creds, stop trying to baby the assholes that are intent on screwing things up for everyone else because it makes them feel important or meaningful. Stop letting them dictate the agenda at all. Stop interviewing them on the tube, stop having focus groups to air their latest stupid reason of refusal, just freeze them the **** out.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The weird thing about the "MAGAs are mostly assholes who enjoy being assholes" thing is that it also seems situational in many cases. I know and have worked with several people who are Trump supporters and who are genuinely kind and helpful people until politics/Trump is brought up and then they pull a complete Jekyll and Hyde and turn into raving lunatics.

It's literally like you're talking to someone with Dissociative Identity Disorder and another personality came rumbling to the surface that's the complete opposite of the person you were talking to 3 minutes prior.

I'm not sure if it's a case where deep down they truly always have been assholes and have always just been really good at hiding it in their day to day interactions or if it's more of a cult behavior thing where if you criticize their leader they basically have a mental breakdown and go ballistic as a reflex action without any thought.

• Like 2

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell fled the stage at his cyber symposium at the same time news broke that Dominion's billion-dollar defamation lawsuit against him would proceed

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell was seen dashing off the stage at his cyber symposium Wednesday at the same time news broke that the $1.3 billion defamation suit filed against him by Dominion Voting Systems would go ahead.

Lindell attempted to have the defamation lawsuit dismissed during a hearing in June. But US District Judge Carl J. Nichols on Wednesday ruled the three defamation lawsuits against Lindell and the pro-Trump lawyers Sidney Powell and Rudy Giuliani could proceed in full. The suits are seeking more than a billion dollars in damages from each party.

Nichols noted in his judgment that the First Amendment offered "no blanket immunity" to Lindell in the Dominion lawsuit. The company alleges it was defamed by Lindell's false claims that it rigged the 2020 election against Donald Trump.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

Life in Stupid America

You’re under tyranny.

Anthony Fauci says we’re starting to see the emergence of two Americas, one that gets to resume normal life, and one that sinks into a well of death, tinged with fear and misplaced rage. He’s partly right. These two Americas happen to sit atop historic political rifts. You know, over things like whether or not white guys should get to own black people, whether black people deserve equal schools, and whether women should be allowed to vote, or decide what happens in their own bodies.

In other words, there’s a smart America and a Stupid one.

Unfortunately, I live in the Stupid one.

The Stupid America has never done the right thing on its own. I would know. I’ve learned our history. You should give it a read. Every single time, we have to be forced to do the right thing, the smart thing. The Smart America has to pass laws and send out the national guard to enforce them. We kick. We scream. Eventually we shut up. Then we find some new way to be Stupid, and the process starts all over again.

https://jessicalexicus.medium.com/heres-what-it-s-like-to-live-in-stupid-america-9d19942a0e84

• Like 1