Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

Mike Lindell lashes out as cyber expert demands $5M reward for debunking election data

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell is scrambling to defend his claims of election fraud after a cybersecurity expert demanded his cut of the $5 million reward Lindell had promised to anyone who could disprove the accuracy of his alleged election data. 

Bill Alderson is a longtime cybersecurity professional specializing in packet captures — the exact type of data Lindell claimed to be in possession of — and attended the pillow maven's "cyber symposium out of a legitimate desire to "discover the truth." A longtime Republican, Alderson said he supported Donald Trump in 2020 and told Lindell when he was invited to the event, "I'd love to prove you right."

Only, he couldn't. 

Lindell has long claimed to be in possession of a large set of network data from the 2020 election, saved as packet captures, or .pcap files. He's even claimed that it contained every vote cast last November. 

Not so, says Alderson. It took roughly 45 minutes for him to see that the data given to him and the dozens of other experts in attendance was bunk — not only did it fail to prove anything about the accuracy of the 2020 election, but the files weren't even in the right format.

"P-CAPs adhere to an international standard," Alderson said, and include information like the date a file was created and an IP address. But Lindell's data, shared as text files, had none of that. In fact, it was saved in hexadecimal format — despite the fact that packet captures use binary code. 

"This is not something that can be misunderstood," Alderson said. "So I just said, 'I'm done, I'm leaving, you don't have any packets here."

At the conference, Lindell had all of the invited cybersecurity experts sign a legal document explaining the rules and stipulations under which he would give out the $5 million reward — all of which Alderson says he met.

He even sent a 10-page letter to Lindell's attorney Wednesday outlining each part of the agreement and how he was able to meet the requirements.

This prompted Lindell to lash out during an interview with Steve Bannon on the right-wing network "Real America's Voice," calling Alderson a "hostile" actor and claiming that he had looked at the "wrong" information.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, China said:

Mike Lindell lashes out as cyber expert demands $5M reward for debunking election data

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell is scrambling to defend his claims of election fraud after a cybersecurity expert demanded his cut of the $5 million reward Lindell had promised to anyone who could disprove the accuracy of his alleged election data. 

Bill Alderson is a longtime cybersecurity professional specializing in packet captures — the exact type of data Lindell claimed to be in possession of — and attended the pillow maven's "cyber symposium out of a legitimate desire to "discover the truth." A longtime Republican, Alderson said he supported Donald Trump in 2020 and told Lindell when he was invited to the event, "I'd love to prove you right."

Only, he couldn't. 

Lindell has long claimed to be in possession of a large set of network data from the 2020 election, saved as packet captures, or .pcap files. He's even claimed that it contained every vote cast last November. 

Not so, says Alderson. It took roughly 45 minutes for him to see that the data given to him and the dozens of other experts in attendance was bunk — not only did it fail to prove anything about the accuracy of the 2020 election, but the files weren't even in the right format.

"P-CAPs adhere to an international standard," Alderson said, and include information like the date a file was created and an IP address. But Lindell's data, shared as text files, had none of that. In fact, it was saved in hexadecimal format — despite the fact that packet captures use binary code. 

"This is not something that can be misunderstood," Alderson said. "So I just said, 'I'm done, I'm leaving, you don't have any packets here."

At the conference, Lindell had all of the invited cybersecurity experts sign a legal document explaining the rules and stipulations under which he would give out the $5 million reward — all of which Alderson says he met.

He even sent a 10-page letter to Lindell's attorney Wednesday outlining each part of the agreement and how he was able to meet the requirements.

This prompted Lindell to lash out during an interview with Steve Bannon on the right-wing network "Real America's Voice," calling Alderson a "hostile" actor and claiming that he had looked at the "wrong" information.

I think we all knew that Lindell wasn't going to pay anyone that money, no matter how thoroughly they debunked him. He'd just move the goalposts and/or do what he did here and pretend like the person was out to get him and didn't have the correct info. Grifters gonna grift. 

Though I have no clue why that guy had to go to the cyber symposium to see what he saw and realize it was all bull****. I sometimes do packet captures and work with pcaps and it took me about 5 seconds of looking at what Lindell threw up on his screen to tell that they weren't actually packet captures.

2 hours ago, China said:

This is the interesting part to me.

I would like to it.  

Because I think we all knew this was hyperbole and would not be paid out (LIke when TX gov promised a million to anyone who could come forward with proof of voter fraud, and when the PA gov did come forward and showed cases of fraud BY Trumpers, nothing happened)

BUT - If Lindell had something IN writing, that outlined the info on how to collect, and it was signed and followed...

Well -that to me is now a contract.  

• Like 2

I'll have a good laugh if LIndell is arrested for obstruction of justice.

Mike Lindell Is Hiding an Alleged Election Data Leaker Under FBI Probe

The FBI has opened an investigation into a Colorado GOP election official who’s accused of helping facilitate a leak of highly sensitive election data.

Unfortunately for the FBI, the official at the center of the probe, Mesa County clerk Tina Peters, is “holed up” in a safe house provided by pillow salesman and conspiracy theorist Mike Lindell.

Lindell told VICE News that he had initially taken Peters to Texas following his three-day Cyber Symposium last week, where the Colorado official was a star attraction. But a disgruntled member of Lindell’s own security team leaked Peters’ location earlier this week and so she was moved to another, unknown, location.

“She's worried about her safety, these people are ruthless,” Lindell told VICE News on Wednesday evening, referring to Dominion Voting Systems—which is suing the MyPillow CEO for $1.3 billion—and to Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold, who has opened an investigation into Peters’ actions.

On Tuesday, the FBI announced it was working with the District Attorney’s office in Colorado “on the forensic review and analysis of county voting systems to determine if there was a potential federal criminal violation,” FBI Denver office spokeswoman Courtney Bernal told the Denver Post.

Bernal did not respond to VICE News’ request for comment on whether the office had been able to speak to Peters, or if Lindell could face prosecution for his role in both promoting the stolen data and preventing Peters from being questioned.

You guys should know by now that it's 100% unmitigated bull**** coming out of that guys mouth all the time.  You think he's gonna hide her when the feds come for her?  It's fine to say you are when they haven't yet but he's a spineless mouth breather and he'll give her up faster than a sneeze spreading covid at a Texas GOP convention.

Edited by KAOSkins

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

I really don't get why the media even pays attention to this guy. If you want to give a monthly update, cool. But why the are covering him is just bizarre to me. 

Ratings.  His wackiness brings in viewers/readers and therefore money.

35 minutes ago, China said:

Ratings.  His wackiness brings in viewers/readers and therefore money.

image.png.c748f8001821c6814788879efdc44126.png

I so hope that guy ends up in a prison somewhere getting the worst the penal system has to offer given to him. He is part of the cause for so much hate and anxiety including death threats on election officials who dared just do their job. Maybe they can put him and the kraken **** together. They deserve each other. Throw in gulliani and trump and it would be my dream come true. All 4 in prison to suffer and fry. 

46 minutes ago, Larry said:

Gee.  Why are lunatic Congressmen from Georgia and Florida going to the Iowa state fair?  

24.  If Donny doesn’t run; you will see plenty of crazies running for the gop nomination. No, they probably won’t get the nomination; but a presidential run raises their profile even more. Also, all the money they will rake in.

53 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

24.  If Donny doesn’t run; you will see plenty of crazies running for the gop nomination. No, they probably won’t get the nomination; but a presidential run raises their profile even more. Also, all the money they will rake in.

It was a rhetorical question.  

:)