Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Should have worn your Female Booty Inspector shirt.

3 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

How many times have they brought up Hunter Biden or the IRS agents?

It's what you would expect, the same ol' argument: "witch hunt, they're gunning for him, they all do it", etc. 

True Trump supporters:

Russia’s Trump Raid Tantrum Is a Spectacle You Don’t Want to Miss

The FBI raid on former U.S. President Donald J. Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence in Florida triggered shockwaves across Russia, with outraged Kremlin propagandists rushing to defend their favorite American president and going so far as to predict that the raid will eventually spark a civil war in the United States.

When Trump lost the last presidential election to Joe Biden, experts and pundits in Moscow worried out loud that his prosecution for a bevy of potential offenses is imminent. They even contemplated offering their beloved “Trumpushka” asylum in Russia. As time went by, Putin’s mouthpieces became convinced that Trump was in the clear, and their fears subsided.

On Monday’s broadcast of The Evening With Vladimir Solovyov, the host and his panelists praised the participants of the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) and expressed their admiration for Trump and his allies. The same day, appearing on state TV program 60 Minutes, military expert Igor Korotchenko openly called for Russia to support Trump’s candidacy in the 2024 elections.

News of the raid landed in Moscow with a thud, as angry propagandists embellished the search with made-up details, claiming that “one hundred FBI agents” and hordes of police dogs rummaged through Mar-a-Lago. On Tuesday’s broadcast of 60 Minutes, Korotchenko angrily condemned the raid: “There is a straight-up witch hunt happening in America. Trump, as the most popular politician in the United States—who has every chance of prevailing in the upcoming presidential election—was chosen as such a witch,” he raged. “They won’t just be vilifying him, they will be strangling him. These raids, involving dozens of FBI officers and police dogs—this is worse than McCarthyism, my friends! This is a symbol of inordinate despotism.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Those ppl are probably always angry. 

And constant anger should be addressed through therapy.

EDTING:
agh..   nevermind what i initially said in this reply.
Sometimes i say exactly what i think, and that can sometimes be construed in such a way as to believe I mean it.

I do.

I just shouldn't write it.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

I had no idea therapists sold rum and pot.

Psychiatrists can prescribe happy pills! 💊 

9 minutes ago, Bang said:

EDTING:
agh..   nevermind what i initially said in this reply.
Sometimes i say exactly what i think, and that can sometimes be construed in such a way as to believe I mean it.

I do.

I just shouldn't write it.

~Bang

I have about 15k posts. I’d have double that if I didn’t delete the posts I wrote and didn’t hit SUBMIT REPLY. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

God these people are idiots. The complete lack of understanding on what the funding is going to do is just amazing. This is an older report (9/2/2021) by the CBO, but, generally the return on investment doesn't change and the purpose of the additional officers doesn't change. 

Revenue agents coming for guns, bunch of dumb ****s. 

The Effects of Increased Funding for the IRS

Administration’s proposal to increase funding for the IRS by $80 billion over the 2022–2031 period would increase revenues by approximately $200 billion over those 10 years. That estimate does not include changes in revenues resulting from portions of the proposal that involve new information-reporting requirements and other changes to the tax code; those changes are estimated by the staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT).

Effects on Taxpayers

The proposed increase in spending on the IRS’s enforcement activities would result in higher audit rates than those underlying CBO’s baseline budget projections. Between 2010 and 2018, the audit rate for higher-income taxpayers fell, while the audit rate for lower-income taxpayers remained fairly stable. In CBO’s baseline projections, the overall audit rate declines, resulting in lower audit rates for both higher-income and lower-income taxpayers. The proposal, by contrast, would return audit rates to the levels of about 10 years ago; the rate would rise for all taxpayers, but higher-income taxpayers would face the largest increase. In addition, the Administration’s policies would focus additional IRS resources on enforcement activity aimed at high-wealth taxpayers, large corporations, and partnerships. CBO estimates that if the proposals were enacted, tax compliance would be improved, and more households would meet their obligation under the law.

20 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Wile E Coyote, Super-Genius has some thoughts.

He may be a little worried that the IRS actually has the time to perform reviews / audits on high earning people now. The agency has been slowly gutted for the last twenty years, because of that they have not had the man power to go after wealthy people.

I believe the employment numbers back in the early 90s were over 110k employees I believe the number is now in the mid 70k. Both my parents worked for the IRS, they had a two out one in hiring criteria for over a decade. For every two employees they lost they could bring one onboard, hamstringing an already underfunded agency. 

• Thanks 1