Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

6 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I thought Joe Biden was an alzheimerz adled idiot.  This trailer makes him out to be some  scarface-like gangster. 

Joe Biden is like the Jan 6th rioters: they both exist in a quantum state.

Biden is simultaneously an evil criminal mastermind and a feckless doddering Alzheimer's patient like the Jan 6th rioters were simultaneously loyal patriotic Trump supporters and insidious Antifa plants.

• Like 3

Trump Accuses Ron DeSantis of Stealing Trump’s Speaking Mannerisms and ‘Style’

To be fair, we had sort of said the same thing, as ridiculous as it sounds, though we emphasized that DeSantis imitated Trump in many ways, though we mostly meant playing stupid. DeSantis is not stupid, sorry – he’s a little too effective, and he has two Ivy League degrees and was a JAG Corps lawyer, fairly impressive. But he looked and sounded stupid at times, and we attributed that to imitating Donald Trump’s “everyman” thing. DeSantis certainly didn’t want to come off as some sophisticated Ivy league lawyer.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, China said:

I agree with Shapiro, but the GOP just seems so afraid of Trump. The guy can't resist opening his yap, and its getting to a point where his proclamations on "Truth" are going to be as widely covered as his tweets were. Its going to be very interesting to see what happens WHEN Trump declares his candidacy and how the other GOP hopefuls take him on. I find it hard to believe that Ron DeSantis is just going to step aside for Trump, knowing that even a Trump 2024 win will just be four more years of this narcissist saying that him winning in '24 just proves that 2020 was rigged (and yes, that will be an everyday occurrence) and will not be good for the GOP chances in 2028, as by then they will face a Democratic field that won't have the disarray that it currently does.

Allahpundit is leaving Hot Air at the end of the week. He better let everyone know where he is going, because his writing is just pure gold:

Speaking of which, let’s check in on what he’s (Trump) up to today at his social media perch. Is he posting about inflation? The student debt forgiveness debacle? Some clever middle-ground position on abortion policy that’s going to save the midterms for the GOP?

No, he’s posting about re-running the 2020 election because his brain is made of cheese curds and old chewing gum:

https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2022/08/29/lindsey-graham-if-trump-is-prosecuted-after-hillary-clinton-wasnt-therell-be-riots-in-the-streets-n493060

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

The elephant in the room that Shapiro has to ignore is that GQP has abandoned trying to actually win elections.

Until further notice, they will be focused on stealing elections exclusively.  After a bit of that, they will evolve to postponing/ending elections.

Definitely know about the trend of election deniers being chosen to positions in certain states where they can potentially block certification of election results, but its still tough to wrap my head around how this would work in practice. When elections happen, vote tallies are made public. And if the winner of the tally isn't certified as the winner of the election?

Lindsay is "worried" about riots if Trump is indicted.  But lets see what happens if the winner of an election isn't certified. You'll have riots that will make January 6 look like a day in the park.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, China said:

Admiring the notion that the Democrats are trying to avoid talking about policy. 

19 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

When elections happen, vote tallies are made public.

For now. Until a Nazi somewhere decides that actually counting these votes here might spoil the total, so we have to avoid counting them, let alone revealing the totals. 

Edited by Larry
  • Thumb up 1

Trump hired one of the lawyers defending him in the Mar-a-Lago raid case after seeing him on TV, report says

One of the lawyers fighting the Department of Justice on Donald Trump's behalf was hired after the former president saw him on TV, according to a report.

The New York Times reported the detail on Sunday about the hiring of Jim Trusty, a former federal prosecutor. It cited unnamed people close to Trump for the information.

Trusty is one of several Trump lawyers countering attempts by the federal government to investigate his handling of government records after he left office, including the fallout of the FBI raid at Mar-a-Lago which found a cache of highly-classified material.

Legal experts have, in the main, not been impressed with their efforts. As Insider reported earlier in August, one expert termed the team "either completely incompetent or out of their depth."

Renato Mariotti, a former longtime federal prosecutor, told Insider: "That's part of the reason why the former president has trouble finding lawyers: Because he demands that they file documents and take positions that have no legal support whatsoever."

Trump's legal team also includes Evan Corcoran, also a former prosecutor; Christina Bobb, a former host on One America New Network; Lindsey Halligan, a Florida insurance lawyer; and Alina Habba, the former general counsel for a parking-garage firm.

Corcoran is also said to have come into Trump's team in an unusual way. According to a recent Washington Post report, Trump hired him in a conference call without ever having met him.

According to a source close to Trump, Corcoran was not vetted at all.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2

“When we let the cops beat the black men to **** then ruin their lives with some prison time, we were content. Now all we can is shoot them. Derp stupid society”

7 hours ago, China said:

To be fair, we had sort of said the same thing, as ridiculous as it sounds, though we emphasized that DeSantis imitated Trump in many ways,

They’re all doing it. 

watch them. Cadence, the arm motions, etc. the crazies are all doing it. 

and they do it because it works

because their cult members are easily swayed by the way in which you wave your hands, the cadence with which you speak, and are completely unaffected by the actual  words that come out of your mouth. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Shapiro acting as if Democrats want to keep talking about the guy..............who is still claiming the election was stolen from him daily? Yeaaaaah okay.  Democrats would be overjoyed if the guy would disappear and never be heard from again.  Re: DeSantis, I would pump my brakes on the Ron Fever for now.  Sometimes politicians play very well in their corner of the country but it doesn't translate nationally.  Similar vibe I get with Newsom.  I think he plays well as an advocate for a blue state that is majorly behind him on most issues already, the difference is DeSantis is in a state that he doesn't hold that kind of political favor.  DeSantis didn't even win his own election by very much while Newsom trounced his opponent and then humiliated the recall fanatics in that election, without even really campaigning much until a month before it. 

Shapiro is just being the typical weasel and framing the narrative around the Democrats being scared to talk about their agenda and/or the legislation they passed when it couldn't be further from the truth. The fact is the GOP has no legislative agenda period, so the Democrats would be happy to talk about actual policy any time.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Re: DeSantis, I would pump my brakes on the Ron Fever for now.  Sometimes politicians play very well in their corner of the country but it doesn't translate nationally

I feel like every presidential cycle we go through the same tired routine:

years out people are sure who will be the candidate for one party or another

come Election Day their name isn’t an option on the ballot. 

excluding trump, Biden, Harris (who knows what the dems will do), I don’t think our options are being publicly discussed yet. If neither of those three run, my guess is whoever is on the ballot isn’t someone making noise right now (or the media isn’t making it for them at least)

7 hours ago, tshile said:

excluding trump, Biden, Harris (who knows what the dems will do), I don’t think our options are being publicly discussed yet. If neither of those three run, my guess is whoever is on the ballot isn’t someone making noise right now (or the media isn’t making it for them at least)

But you have to admit that, at this time, these are unique circumstances. Has there been a time in recent history where there is this much uncertainty over whether the sitting president in his first term is going to seek reelection?  And on the other side, a defeated one-term president who has as much sway over his party as Trump?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tshile said:

If Biden is a no go; Harris is definitely running. There will be pressure to have no opposition for Harris but that won’t be the case. There will definitely be a progressive challenger and maybe more.

The best scenario is when you at least 2 strong candidates duking it out for the nomination. It makes the winner a better candidate.

The gop field is hamstrung by Trump. He runs , the race is over; no matter who runs against him. Trump has that solid 30-40% ; which will win him any primary.

He doesn’t run, then the gop field will be as big as the Dems was last time.

4 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If Biden is a no go; Harris is definitely running. There will be pressure to have no opposition for Harris but that won’t be the case. There will definitely be a progressive challenger and maybe more.

The best scenario is when you at least 2 strong candidates duking it out for the nomination. It makes the winner a better candidate.

The gop field is hamstrung by Trump. He runs , the race is over; no matter who runs against him. Trump has that solid 30-40% ; which will win him any primary.

He doesn’t run, then the gop field will be as big as the Dems was last time.

And I don't think we'd get the repub party "frontrunners" like Cruz or Rubio. Trump cucked them so hard they'll never sniff a presidential campaign run again. DeSantis would be the easy fit. Guys like Romney are probably viewed as democrats by the republican voting base by now. Waaaay too "centrist."