Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

37 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

This is why the Left should be embracing a Hunter investigation.  Then using that reasoning to also look into the Trump kids.

Kushner was actually a government employee. Pretty sure Hunter is/has been invested by the FBI. As far as I can tell he's scummy but haven't seen any major crime being committed. At this point Hunter Biden is the "but her emails" if Republicans. Call me when something actually comes from it.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

34 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Kushner was actually a government employee. Pretty sure Hunter is/has been invested by the FBI. As far as I can tell he's scummy but haven't seen any major crime being committed. At this point Hunter Biden is the "but her emails" if Republicans. Call me when something actually comes from it.

I honestly don't know a lot about Hunter because I don't really care.  But the Left could be making a bugger show of supporting an investigation.  Then also support an investigation of Ivanka and those trademark deals.  And of course Kushner.  I just think the Left could be playing this situation better.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 7:13 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don’t watch CNN (or any cable news) but liberal Twitter is losing their ****ing minds about the network shifting to the right. Even Dan Rather is tweeting about it. 

Can anyone confirm?

On 9/2/2022 at 7:36 PM, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Oh yeah. It's confirmed.

Trump accused Fox News of 'pushing' Democrats' agenda and said if CNN 'went conservative,' it'd be an 'absolute gold mine' and he'd help

Former President Donald Trump tore into Fox News on Sunday, accusing the network of amplifying a Democratic agenda and going harder on Republicans than Democrats.

"Wow! Fox News is really pushing the Democrats and the Democrat agenda. Gets worse every single day," Trump wrote on his social-media platform, Truth Social. "So many Dems interviewed with only softball questions, then Republican counterparts get creamed."

It's unclear what interviews Trump was referring to, but he also specifically called out Karl Rove, a former GOP White House official who is now a Fox News contributor.

"RINO Karl Rove is unwatchable, very negative, and on all the time - Has a big record of losing!" Trump said. "Not an easy place to be as a Republican, especially with all of the 'pervert' purchased ads." It's unclear which ads he was referring to.

Rove served as a senior advisor and deputy chief of staff during the Bush administration in the 2000s. He has appeared on Fox News several times to discuss the Justice Department's investigation into Trump's handling of government records and the FBI's early-August search of Mar-a-Lago.

"None of these documents are his to have taken," Rove said last week, citing the Presidential Records Act.

While criticizing Fox News on Sunday, Trump also said that if the network's cable-news competitor CNN adopted a conservative approach, he would support it.

"If 'low ratings' CNN ever went Conservative, they would be an absolute gold mine, and I would help them to do so!" Trump said.

Trump's comments about CNN —  a popular target of his since the early days of his presidency — come as the network appears to be shifting its strategy to try to attract a wider range of viewers.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think that guy being interviewed sums up politics in 2022 quite nicely.  Our side good, your side bad.  When our side does it, it's not that bad, when your side does it, it's the most terrible ****ing thing ever.  

I can assure you that if Obama were found to have thousands upon thousands of top secret documents unsecured in his various residences, a significant majority of folks that describe themselves Democrats would have no issue with him facing justice for that crime.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

His email was inspired by a news story he shared about the government’s plans to sue Google for abuse of market dominance, an animating issue of his for years. But Döpfner went on to argue that Trump had made the right moves on five of what he deemed the six most important issues of the last half century — “defending the free democracies” against Russia and China, pushing NATO allies to up their contributions, “tax reforms,” and Middle East peace efforts, as well as challenging tech monopolies — if falling short, he implied, on climate change. 

“No American administration in the last 50 years has done more,” Döpfner concluded. 

Asked about the email, Döpfner initially responded with a forceful denial. “That’s intrinsically false,” he said. “That doesn’t exist. It has never been sent and has never been even imagined.” 

When shown a printout of the text, Döpfner allowed a glimmer of recognition. It’s possible, he said, that he may have sent the email “as an ironic, provocative statement in the circle of people that hate Donald Trump,” because that’s exactly the kind of ironic, provocative thing that Döpfner, a garrulous and enthusiastic texter, likes to do.

6 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

When shown a printout of the text, Döpfner allowed a glimmer of recognition. It’s possible, he said, that he may have sent the email “as an ironic, provocative statement in the circle of people that hate Donald Trump,” because that’s exactly the kind of ironic, provocative thing that Döpfner, a garrulous and enthusiastic texter, likes to do.

**** this guy

I'm so sick of people using "oh I did it ironically" as an excuse for **** behavior. We've seen that used for almost everything imaginable at this point. I guess the next step will be "ironic murder"

"Oh I only stabbed that guy to death because I was trying to make an ironic commentary on how we as a society devalue human life; stop trying to cancel me!!"

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I can assure you that if Obama were found to have thousands upon thousands of top secret documents unsecured in his various residences, a significant majority of folks that describe themselves Democrats would have no issue with him facing justice for that crime.

I would absolutely want him indicted and charged if that were the case.  And if Clinton were revealed as connected to Epstein, hope he fries.  It’s not difficult for me to say.

I only have a “side” because one party has moved from standard dirty politicians to absolute dumpster fire ****weasel maggot sucking turd burners.

• Thumb up 3