Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT - Redskins Cheerleaders Describe Trip to Costa Rica that Crossed the Line

Reaper Skins

This is a time for those of us who’ve had enough to make our voices heard. 

Write a letter to the NFL. Boycott buying gear from the team. Do something productive. This behavior should be enough to remove Snyder if you can show he knew about it. Which, considering he’s the owner, can’t be too hard to do. 

Horrible act that deserves justice to be delivered swiftly. 

2 hours ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

Agree with most of this but no way is this worse than what Rapistburger did in Georgia.  The full report from the DA made it absolutely clear it was rape with the complicity of local law enforcement and in almost any other state he would have had more than enough to go to trial but Georgia happens to have some seriously backasswards laws when it comes to these kinds of things.  I have never watched a ****sburg game since when I did not hope that somebody would put that fat sack of **** in a wheelchair for life.

No no no, sorry, that's not what I meant.  Rape is the most vile act possible.  I won't get into it or else I'll get banned for avoiding filters.

What I mean is that at least with the Rapist it was (allegedly) just him.  This demonstrates that it pervades throughout the entire franchise.  THAT is what I mean when I say it's worse.  It's everyone and everywhere.  As the kids say:  I can't even.

And what wheelchair is enough of a sinner to deserve his ass on it?  Let that POS rot in a pile of dog**** from Vick's victims.

2 minutes ago, PortisBetts said:

You are unbelievably ignorant if you think thats how the world works. I hope your daughter has more sense. 

Yet you think the world is some kind, happy go lucky place? **** like this happens all the time,but now that it's a pro football team that is accused of it than It's OMG i can't believe it..If the allegations are true than yes that person should have to face prosecution,Everyone has so much hate for Snyder and Allen that they automaticlly blame them..

For those having existential angst over their fanhood,, figure this.

You cheer for the players, the coaches, and if you cheer for anything FO, it is limited to what they do with players and coaches.

I am a Penn state football fan. When the crimes of the staff came out, i had a really hard time with whether or not i could continue to be a fan. I had been a fan since i was a kid,.. i never went there, i just liked the way they played and it stuck.

So someone told me it's not the players, and that is who you support when you watch the game and cheer. And i continued to support the players when they came back the next season. And I am glad I did. Just as none of those players had anything to do with those crimes, none of the Redskins players you cheer for had anything to do with this.

So the FO are pigs. 
But they aren't, and never have been why you are a fan in the first place.

Enjoy the games (such as that may be anyway). They don't reflect any of this scandal.

~Bang

16 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Unless Luca Brasi has a gun to her head and literally forces her to do it, dear old dad here is just gonna blame her for not quitting. Because that’s how power dynamics of wealthy people within multi billion dollar companies and low paid employees work. Yep. 

Please leave me out of this. 

1 minute ago, bh32 said:

Yet you think the world is some kind, happy go lucky place? **** like this happens all the time,but now that it's a pro football team that is accused of it than It's OMG i can't believe it..If the allegations are true than yes that person should have to face prosecution,Everyone has so much hate for Snyder and Allen that they automaticlly blame them..

You can try not putting words in my mouth since i said literally none of what you are claiming.

**** like this does happen. When you find out about it, how you react says a lot about your character. You just dont seem to care because as you state "it happens all the time". So we should just turn a blind eye? Who else would you blame besides the owner of an organization with a history of ****ty business practices?  

I cant respond to you anymore, your arguments are incoherent and trying to quote me on things i did not say. Go take a good, long l

Ok. This is Extremeskins. Pez and Huly cook out everytime the NFL winks an eye at its fans. HAVE ANY OF YOU heard of any of this before? 

Not that the New York Times would ever publish something and then later retract it in tiny print. 

I mean who would do that, just go on the internet and lie? 

2 hours ago, bh32 said:

Again, you just seriously do not get it, but at least we know now why you are taking this approach. You are one of the people who have not figured out that Dan Snyder is douche of epic proportions.  I and many others on this board know from first hand accounts how he treats ex players like a commodity and how he treats employees. You can hide from this but it does not make it false. There are verifiable facts that the guys just plain treats many people like garbage. Ask his ex housekeeper who had to sue for wages - and won! 

As for the rest, it's ridiculous to accuse others of believing it's OK until it's football team. It's a horrific act no matter who it happens to or when. But we can only react to the ones we know about. 

How about go ask your mother, sister, wife, female friend from work. Someone female and see what they say about this. 

7 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Did I read it right; this happened 5 years ago?

Now, before everyone sharpens their pitchforks, try to emotionally dis-connect yourself from the team and from the NFL for a moment, and do some rational thinking.

The 5 years ago element, to me, is, if anything, more worrisome from a team standpoint. It suggests that these women were either afraid of retribution for coming forward, or they did come forward and the team hushed it up.

You're right that we should wait before passing judgement, but it's bit hard to imagine these women would have reason to just make this up. And it's sadly consistent both with how Snyder treats employees and the attitude he seems to have instituted towards the cheerleaders specifically.

2 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Ok. This is Extremeskins. Pez and Huly cook out everytime the NFL winks an eye at its fans. HAVE ANY OF YOU heard of any of this before? 

Not that the New York Times would ever publish something and then later retract it in tiny print. 

I mean who would do that, just go on the internet and lie? 

Yep you’re right. “Fake news” ?

sure mistakes happen but actual Journalists don’t just make up lies and report them for ****s and giggles or to push their agenda.  Good luck holding out for that retraction 

Just now, PortisBetts said:

You can try not putting words in my mouth since i said literally none of what you are claiming.

**** like this does happen. When you find out about it, how you react says a lot about your character. You just dont seem to care because as you state "it happens all the time". So we should just turn a blind eye? Who else would you blame besides the owner of an organization with a history of ****ty business practices?  

I cant respond to you anymore, your arguments are incoherent and trying to quote me on things i did not say. Go take a good, long l

I didn't say turn a blind eye,but the way some of you are acting is like you have never heard of such ****..Snyder probably is some creepy dude,but i hope he wouldn't have anything to do with this

30 minutes ago, bh32 said:

You live a very sheltered life if you think this some big ass deal..these girls flaunt there **** for every person to see on game day, yet it's a big deal that they get asked to dress sleazy to entertain some rich guy..If they don't want to do it than don't..whats the worst thing that is gonna happen to them? Get fired? OMG what would they do then?GTFO out with your sensitive ass..

Its extremely rare that I venture into the Tailgate here on ES, because while I suspect the vast majority of people here are good, frankly I don't like to put myself in a situation where I might become disgusted by the worldview of people who I will never meet--I think to myself, lets just keep it on the topic of football and then I don't need to dismiss someone's ideas about football because I think they are a piece of **** for other reasons.

Its selfish in a way, but I curate my internet activity so that when I want to be exposed to politics and ethics and real world issues, including people ignorant about such issues, I go and confront that. And when I "just" want to talk sports, or tv shows, or whatever, I can choose to do that as well. Extremeskins falls into the latter category. I think some posters here are stupid, but its just football stuff. I don't expose myself to their real world opinions enough to judge, so generally I respect everyone regardless of their Redskins opinions. We're all just dumb fans here in the Stadium. 

You, bh32, have for the moment ruined that. You looked at a tough topic, entered a thread where gobs of hardcore fans of a sports team were offering unbiased thoughts on the obvious moral side of the issue...and you revealed the thoughts of a championship-level ****head. I don't know you, I'm only commenting on the posts you've made here. 

Personal attacks are against the rules here. Attacking the content of someone's posts is not against the rules. Your posts in this thread are ignorant, misogynistic, backwards, embarrassing, shameful, and dangerous. Are you? That's a determination I can't make, because that would be against the rules, which I have never been disciplined for breaking, in my memory. I can only comment on your posts, which suck. 

The confiscation of passports is so damning and its the one thing I keep coming back to.

They stranded these girls on an island and harassed them for the benefit and pleasure of team sponsors. 

There is zero chance something this terrible happens without the ownership and upper managements blessing.

5 minutes ago, bh32 said:

I didn't say turn a blind eye,but the way some of you are acting is like you have never heard of such ****..Snyder probably is some creepy dude,but i hope he wouldn't have anything to do with this

He owns the team. It's on him to do something about it. No action is the same as condoning what happened. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

When @JasonLaCanfora and I were investigating the @Redskins tickets stories for @washingtonpost in '09, we heard rumors about the Washington football cheerleaders -- but nothing as egregious as what @JulietMacur of @nytimes found. Wow. https://nyti.ms/2FyUnSh  #metooMeToo_v3.png

The 2009 Skins cheerleader story was by the infamous Dave McKenna, I believe...most likely who they heard it from.

14 minutes ago, Bang said:

For those having existential angst over their fanhood,, figure this.

You cheer for the players, the coaches, and if you cheer for anything FO, it is limited to what they do with players and coaches.

This hits home on a larger point I’ve tried and failed to make to some of the FO’s most ardent supporters.  The ones who constantly babble about “real fans”.  As if being critical of the owner and team president makes us less of a fan, that we don’t really like the team, etc.

I root for the players and coaches I do like.  Not the suits.  

13 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yep you’re right. “Fake news” ?

sure mistakes happen but actual Journalists don’t just make up lies and report them for ****s and giggles or to push their agenda.  Good luck holding out for that retraction 

Holy crap I just read further. I was busy as heck at work. Good lord. Affadavits are coming I'm sure. 

Archived