Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

Sometimes the only PR boost required is being yourself.

Redskins rookie Derrius Guice arrived in the city known for spin lugging a tarnished reputation.

Rumors and reports focusing primarily on supposed immature actions popped around the time of, if not during, April’s NFL Draft. The running back slipped from a potential first-round pick to No. 57 overall where Washington stopped the slide.

Since then, the runner known for elusive moves that corkscrew defenders turned negative perception upside down. He did so with enthusiasm on the practice field, activity in the community and an infectious smile that travels.

That grin is with Guice on the field despite the pressure that comes with a second-round selection, transitioning from the college ranks to the pro game, and learning a thick playbook loaded with new terminology.

It’s front and center on social media; the two pictures connected on his main page show a smiling Guice rather than a too-cool-for-school version.

It’s authentic when he invites fans to watch the latest “Avengers” movie in the theater on his dime or meet him up at a bowling alley. It shines through even when clowning with a hot dog jammed in his mouth at a recent Washington Mystics home game.

“That’s the person I am,” Guice said during an exclusive interview with The Sports Capitol following Wednesday’s Organized Team Activities (OTA) session. “I’m not one of those players who gets drafted and forgets where I come from.

I’m very active on social media. I like interacting with the fans. I like showing them that I do care that they’re supportive and that they are fans. I like doing stuff like going to the movies in my free time, so I thought why not invite a few fans to come chill with me. I just thought it would be something cool to do.”

Kissing babies may win votes, but ultimately constituents must believe the act is genuine.

All of the interactions with players, coaches and fans come across as sincere. By all accounts, this is no con.

“I’m not doing it for any special reason. I’m just being me,” Guice said. “Now everybody is seeing who I really am. I’m not the person everybody portrayed me to be at the draft. That was off the edge. I don’t know why it happened, but it happened. It’s over with. Now people are really starting to see who I am.”

Fans love the idea of interacting with their players from their favorite teams. Common guidelines suggest an autograph, perhaps a photograph and if the timing/mood stars align, maybe a chat the length of a two-minute drill. Hanging out with one of the players? Stop it.

“Every event that I’ve been to (the fans have said) they appreciate what I’m doing and how I’ve been active with them,” Guice said. “I just like that as a player that they come to the games. They want to know who you really are outside of football, or at least some of them do. … Some of them think it’s really cool to hang out with a Derrius Guice on a day-to-day basis during my free time to get to know who I am besides football. I think it’s really cool to really give them some of that at times and treat them sometimes. They give a lot of money to us and put a lot of money into the sport, so it’s not a bad idea to give some back every now and then.”

https://thesportscapitol.com/2018/06/07/redskins-rookie-derrius-guice-shows-the-power-of-the-authentic-self/

I am as excited about Guice as anyone else.

Call me cynical, but I am cautious.  We've seen this before.  A love affair with a draft pick, someone we think that can come in right away and make a difference.  He performs, we win, the feels are warm and fuzzy.

Injuries, poor performance, speculation in the media, comments made by that athlete that are unfavorable.  Love affair falls apart, nasty divorce ensues.

I hope that Guice absolutely kills it here, spends his career in Washington, wins an ring or two and ends up a hall of famer.  Or at least is a very good player on some very good teams and becomes a local DC sports legend/hero.  

I feel that the chances of that aren't as great as what happened with a certain QB that will remain nameless.  Maybe not to that extreme, but I feel that this has a better chance of going south than it does swimmingly.

I'll end it on this point:  The media loves to tear down what they helped create.  They absolutely love it.  We saw it with a certain QB that remains nameless.  This is a fickle fan base, all the free Avengers tickets and tweets from a Stanley Cup game won't amount to anything if he doesn't perform and keep the positive vibe.  

22 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I am as excited about Guice as anyone else.

Call me cynical, but I am cautious.  We've seen this before.  A love affair with a draft pick, someone we think that can come in right away and make a difference.  He performs, we win, the feels are warm and fuzzy.

Injuries, poor performance, speculation in the media, comments made by that athlete that are unfavorable.  Love affair falls apart, nasty divorce ensues.

I hope that Guice absolutely kills it here, spends his career in Washington, wins an ring or two and ends up a hall of famer.  Or at least is a very good player on some very good teams and becomes a local DC sports legend/hero.  

I feel that the chances of that aren't as great as what happened with a certain QB that will remain nameless.  Maybe not to that extreme, but I feel that this has a better chance of going south than it does swimmingly.

I'll end it on this point:  The media loves to tear down what they helped create.  They absolutely love it.  We saw it with a certain QB that remains nameless.  This is a fickle fan base, all the free Avengers tickets and tweets from a Stanley Cup game won't amount to anything if he doesn't perform and keep the positive vibe.  

You are comparing Guice to RG3 with your premise.  I don't think Guice has any part of the personality that RG3 does.  I don't see someone that is all about himself. I see someone who has had to scratch and claw for everything he has.  That tends to keep them very humble.

37 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Fans of the Washington Redskins and Capitals, of which I am both, understand your hesitancy.  But what can be called a borderline miracle just occurred a couple nights ago.  The Washington Capitals won the Stanley Cup.  Let me repeat:  the Washington Capitals won the Stanley Cup!  To be totally honest, I wasn't sure they were going to win the cup until the clock struck zero in game five.  

Unlike the Capitals, however, the Redskins haven't had the talent to compete for championships, especially over the last 25 years.  Now, IMHO, I think they do.  The laughingstock days are coming to a close along with the media bias against them.  

Who thought the Caps were going to win the Stanley Cup this year?  This is a new year and hope springs eternal.   HTTR!!!!!!!!!!

So, I’m seeing that Guice weighed 212 during his 2016 season, when he was arguably the best RB in college football. He weighed 224 in 2017. I know injuries are largely to blame for his lack of explosion last season compared to 2016, but does anyone else think we might see the best version of Guice if we ask him to keep his weight below 220?  I know it would be a tough ask, since we want him to be our bellcow, and it would be tough asking a lighter back to do that, but I just want the 2016 version of Guice so bad that I think it could be worth it.  I guess that could be something he focuses on going into his second season if he doesn’t perform up to his potential Year 1.  It’s what Le’veon Bell did - when he lost weight year 1 to year 2 he went from below average RB to the best RB in the league.  I guess all we can do is wait and see. 

Sorry for the stream of consciousness :).  Just woke up (I live in Cali) and might not be thinking all that clearly lol. 

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

So, I’m seeing that Guice weighed 212 during his 2016 season, when he was arguably the best RB in college football. He weighed 224 in 2017. I know injuries are largely to blame for his lack of explosion last season compared to 2016, but does anyone else think we might see the best version of Guice if we ask him to keep his weight below 220?  I know it would be a tough ask, since we want him to be our bellcow, and it would be tough asking a lighter back to do that, but I just want the 2016 version of Guice so bad that I think it could be worth it.  I guess that could be something he focuses on going into his second season if he doesn’t perform up to his potential Year 1.  It’s what Le’veon Bell did - when he lost weight year 1 to year 2 he went from below average RB to the best RB in the league.  I guess all we can do is wait and see. 

Sorry for the stream of consciousness :).  Just woke up (I live in Cali) and might not be thinking all that clearly lol. 

Maybe.  But I know his coaches said he had nagging leg injuries that gave it at times a dead leg kind of feel but he was getting back to form at the end of that season.  I've posted the youtube 2016 highlights in the draft threads eons ago and once on this thread but its worth an occasional rewatch.  IMO if he is back in that 2016 form, he's right up there with Barkley.  Barkley granted though is insane in the passing game too whereas Guice on that front is more of an unknown.  But as a pure runner, the 2016 version of Guice IMO is toe to toe with Barkley.  Bucky Brooks among others have said the same.  I agree with them.

https://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2017/10/lsu_football_derrius_guice_1.html

Guice has been limited since an injury to his left leg during the third quarter Sept. 16 at Mississippi State. He had zero carries in the second half the next week against Syracuse, and he did not play in the loss to Troy that stopped a non-conference home win streak at 49 games.

Guice did not carry the full rushing load against Florida. Three LSU wideouts combined for 10 carries and 105 yards on jet sweep runs, and Darrel Williams rushed 12 times for 35 yards. 

Williams, like Guice, went into the game listed as limited due to recent injuries.

"It's a nagging injury," Orgeron said of Guice. "In order to play full speed, especially against an SEC team like Florida, you have to practice full speed."

Guice for the season has 364 rushing yards on 84 carries with five touchdowns. His average of 4.4 yards per carry is well below the 7.6 he averaged last season, when he rushed for 1,387 yards as a part-time starter behind Leonard Fournette.

4 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

You are comparing Guice to RG3 with your premise.  I don't think Guice has any part of the personality that RG3 does.  I don't see someone that is all about himself. I see someone who has had to scratch and claw for everything he has.  That tends to keep them very humble.

Leading up to the draft and all through the first season, nobody had the opinion that RG3 was all about himself. I'm with Spiff on this one, I'm cautiously optimistic.

4 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

You need to remember back to the draft where we picked RG3, his first training camp and his first season.  There were no issues with his personality, his dumb little quotes.  Everything was absolutely positive and glowing.  Hard to believe when you think about it, but the honeymoon here was a true love affair between RG3, the press and fans.

Griffin and Cousins lacked authenticity and self awareness. 

Guice appears to be very authentic. You can make mistakes and easily overcome it with teammates and fans if you’re willing to be vulnerable. 

20 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

If someone writes an article about Guice's socks, I'm calling it.

I can just hear it now, IF he doesn't produce over his first few games...

"Oh, maybe he shouldn't be going out and watching the Avengers"

"Dude cares more about Fortnite than reading his playbook"'

"Cares more about his Twitter feed"

I've seen it way too many times here.  The press and the fanbase love to tear down the ones they get all hyped about.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe.  But I know his coaches said he had nagging leg injuries that gave it at times a dead leg kind of feel but he was getting back to form at the end of that season.  I've posted the youtube 2016 highlights in the draft threads eons ago and once on this thread but its worth an occasional rewatch.  IMO if he is back in that 2016 form, he's right up there with Barkley.  Barkley granted though is insane in the passing game too whereas Guice on that front is more of an unknown.  But as a pure runner, the 2016 version of Guice IMO is toe to toe with Barkley.  Bucky Brooks among others have said the same.  I agree with them.

Yeah, I definitely agree that the 2016 version of Guice is on par with Barkley as a runner (better, actually, IMO), and I know his coaches and others have said the nagging leg injuries were the main reason for the downgrade in production in 2017.  But I wonder how much of that lack of 2016-level explosiveness we can attribute to injuries, how much to playing weight, and how much to other factors?  I agree that Guice looked better towards the end of the season last year, but even then, here were his YPC averages over the final half of the season:

vs. Mississippi: 12.5 YPC

vs. Alabama: 3.7 YPC

vs. Arkansas: 7.0 YPC

vs. Tennesse: 4.0 YPC

vs. Texas A&M: 4.5 YPC

vs. Notre Dame: 4.7 YPC

He obviously had some eye popping numbers against Mississippi and Arkansas, but the rest of his YPC averages were fairly pedestrian. Without the Mississippi game, his YPC is at 4.8 over the last half of the season. Even including Mississippi, his YPC was at 6.0.   That is a respectable average, but it's a far cry from his 2016 YPC average of 7.6.  

I just wonder if playing weight has more to do with his drop-off than is being discussed.  Maybe like 60% is due to battling through injuries, 20% is due to weight, and 20% is due to the loss of Fournette to help take the load off, plus other factors.  I don't know.  But it should be interesting to see if the Redskins ask him to lose weight going into year 2 if he still looks like he's missing the explosiveness he used to have in 2016.

My excitement over Guice has little to do with his personality or the hype behind him right now in the media. Those are perks in my eyes. I'm excited by his talent level, which we haven't drafted an RB with his talent level in decades. We've only invested a 1st or 2nd round pick on an RB once in the last 25 years (Betts), and that was with Vinny at the helm lol..I trust Williams, Gruden and Kyle Smith's talent-evaluating abilities 10 times out of 10 over the 2002 Snyderatto monstrosity

The last RB we drafted that I got excited over was Morris, but for different reasons (or maybe different skill set).

15 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yeah, I definitely agree that the 2016 version of Guice is on par with Barkley as a runner (better, actually, IMO), and I know his coaches and others have said the nagging leg injuries were the main reason for the downgrade in production in 2017.  But I wonder how much of that lack of 2016-level explosiveness we can attribute to injuries, how much to playing weight, and how much to other factors?  I agree that Guice looked better towards the end of the season last year, but even then, here were his YPC averages over the final half of the season:

vs. Mississippi: 12.5 YPC

vs. Alabama: 3.7 YPC

vs. Arkansas: 7.0 YPC

vs. Tennesse: 4.0 YPC

vs. Texas A&M: 4.5 YPC

vs. Notre Dame: 4.7 YPC

He obviously had some eye popping numbers against Mississippi and Arkansas, but the rest of his YPC averages were fairly pedestrian. Without the Mississippi game, his YPC is at 4.8 over the last half of the season. Even including Mississippi, his YPC was at 6.0.   That is a respectable average, but it's a far cry from his 2016 YPC average of 7.6.  

I just wonder if playing weight has more to do with his drop-off than is being discussed.  Maybe like 60% is due to battling through injuries, 20% is due to weight, and 20% is due to the loss of Fournette to help take the load off, plus other factors.  I don't know.  But it should be interesting to see if the Redskins ask him to lose weight going into year 2 if he still looks like he's missing the explosiveness he used to have in 2016.

With all due respect I think you are trying to make something out of nothing. 7.6 yds/att is off the charts and actually really unreasonable to expect on a regular basis. Since you took out a few games in 2017 to try and make the point, how about this - Guice had 11 carries of over 30 yds in 2016. They accounted for 41% of his total yards (562 of 1387). That was on a total of 183 carries .So if you take out the 11 carries - just 11 carries of 183! - on 172 carries he had 825 yds for 4.8 yds/att. 

There are several other contributing factors that have a lot more impact than he weighed a few more lbs.  

No Leonard Fornette

Nagging Injuries that slowed him just a bit 

Probably most critical is that he saw a lot more 8 man fronts designed to stop the run - specifically him. So in 2017 he had to grind out more yards where he had many more wide open holes - which he did.

Here is an article that breaks it down pretty well - https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/how-derrius-guice-2017-season-was-different-but-still-pretty-great/pAZw9uxXaDJngbNclf6JjJ/

Also, I don't mean this to sound ugly, but did you watch the Guice in the Notre Dame Bowl game or just look up the yds/att? Keep in mind Notre Dame had an excellent front 7 - they always do. Here is what I saw - you may see it differently. BTW: Some of my commentary mimics the announcers but to be fair I watch with the sound off the first few times to get my own impression. But some of it is so obvious the observations are bound to be similar:

0:15 - He runs into a wall - however, watch him get hit but continue forward and churn those legs. With all those ND guys they never actually bring him down! 

0:44 - Just watch the run. He gets hit near the LOS and busts through an arm tackle then gets down field and lays another guy out before making a nice move inside for a few more yards. That's fighting for yards by a RB that we have just not seen for a while. 

1:38 - He gets hit almost at the LOS and just blasts the defender back and takes a few guys for a 4 yd ride.

- Next few runs he gets stopped at the LOS by poor blocking/good play by ND and then slips. Then another stop due to poor blocking - or good play by ND, you pick - but he still found a way to get a yd or two that was not there. They can't all be great runs.... 

2:24 - Only 3 yds. But he gets hit by a swarm and just kept driving. Turns a 1 or 2 yd gain into 3+. He just pushed the pile forward - with a little help from his friends. But he stays upright and churning forward.

- Next run he hits a wall. Good play by ND. 

3:05 - An under-rated part of his game. He drifts out as a release and takes it home. It's an easy catch thanks to a great throw - very short pass with people flying around. It's easy to throw that too hard or misfire - but watch the end of th run. Two guys have him lined up and just knifes through them for a TD - one of two receiving TDs BTW! 

3:56 - After a good play by ND, watch him follow his blocking looking for a hole. He olays a guy that opens him up for modest gain. That's a move many college players just can't make. And again he finishes the run falling forward.  

4:04 - Looks like the FB gets beat bad - but instead of forcing the run into where it's supposed to go he bounces it out - which honestly you should expect - but what I love here is his decisiveness. He sees it break down and it's one foot plant and off he goes to the outside. Then he blasts his way to finishing the run. 

4:21 - May be his best run. He gets hit after a 2yd gain at the 11. But he just keep driving and breaking tackles and yes gets a big push from one of his Oline - but he keeps his balance and keeps moving forward all the way to the 3! Just a great run. 

5:18 - After two great ND stops - he ran right into a wall - more on that later - he runs a great route that the D never saw coming and catches his 2nd rec TD. Great play design to make it a little pitch and catch. But he runs a very good route and secures the ball - I say that because one of he main criticisms, there have only been a few as I think most people really like him and are really excited to have him here - including you BTW - is that they are not sure about his ability to catch passes. This is because they did not throw to him much - they didn't need to. I believe the ability is there - they just need to throw it to him more. 

5:50 - He takes one to the outside - gets corralled for what looks like a short game but somehow knifes through them and gets 8. #7 looked just plain silly on that play TBH. 

6:38 - After a few average runs - he makes another one of those runs where he should be down for no or little gain and he just grinds it out. 

So this was typical of 2017 - not as many break away runs - the holes just were not there. But he got yds many other RBs would have left on the field. 

To be fair - ND is good but not NFL Dline or LBers. He is not going to be able to blast through these guys as easily. However, he has the athleticism and vision to be very successful. And in this regard the extra 10 lbs - if it's good weight - will help him going against NFL competition. He is not perfect. A few of those runs - especially in the RZ I would liked for him to bounce them out as the middle was dead. But then again his coaches may have told him - take it if it's there go down if it's not we need the 3 at least. 

Also, the type of running in the NFL could get him injured more. But then again, if he is dishing it out and the coaches can help him with technique at the NFL level, he has a chance to be a really great back. Without a lot of that I see him as being pretty good - which considering what we have had the last few years I will take. 

Anyway, here is the link to the video: 

So he posted a video of a bunch of men standing around a bent over woman groping her, then someone falls from out of frame and lands on her back.  (Im sure injuring her).  He said it was the funniest thing hed ever seen

Then a bunch of people on twitter told him it wasnt funny, and he lashed out and threatened to start blocking people.

Now i think hes back to inviting people bowling.

19 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

You need to remember back to the draft where we picked RG3, his first training camp and his first season.  There were no issues with his personality, his dumb little quotes.  Everything was absolutely positive and glowing.  Hard to believe when you think about it, but the honeymoon here was a true love affair between RG3, the press and fans.

I was there too! I thought we had a FQB FINALLY!! Loved the way the kid played..didn't like the risks he took. All that changed after the Baltimore game and the media and "others" in the camp turned on the Coaches. DAN...Dan Snyder screwed up RG3 not RG3. Who among us would not leverage power given to us to get what we want...

Dan screwed the pooch on this one make no mistake..he fed the beast

I'm waiting to see what Guice says after a loss, especially if he fumbles and costs a score. That will tell me allot about the player

@goskins10

Thanks for the reply and the link to that article.  I agree that I am probably making something out of nothing.  It's more of a theory than something I believe is a fact.  Which is why I said we'll see how it plays out this year when it comes to his explosion.  And that was the main point I was trying to make... my point wasn't just that his stats took a hit in 2017; it is obvious when watching film, at least to me, that he just didn't have the same level of explosion (especially stop-and-go explosion) he had in 2016, even towards the end of the season when he was supposedly back to normal.  I used stats in an effort to back that up, but you're right that there are multiple other factors that were probably bigger reasons for his decline in stats. 

I really hate that I'm coming off as nit-picky about Guice, because I love the player and his potential.  I just hope we're getting him at his best, and to me, that might be the version of him that is a bit lighter than he was last year.  

15 hours ago, zoony said:

So he posted a video of a bunch of men standing around a bent over woman groping her, then someone falls from out of frame and lands on her back.  (Im sure injuring her).  He said it was the funniest thing hed ever seen

Then a bunch of people on twitter told him it wasnt funny, and he lashed out and threatened to start blocking people.

Now i think hes back to inviting people bowling.

That's...a little worrisome. 

Looks to all be deleted now I guess. No sign of it

On ‎09‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 7:48 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Are you sure? I remember posting the story about Griffin lobbying to get the rules about shirt names changed so that he could wear RG3, and I certainly wasn't the only person that thought it all stank of marketing and a rather me-first personality.

Now I love what I'm seeing from Guice but it's also true that this happy-go-lucky personality isn't going to help him when he goes through a tough patch. And all rookies do.

9 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

Are you sure? I remember posting the story about Griffin lobbying to get the rules about shirt names changed so that he could wear RG3, and I certainly wasn't the only person that thought it all stank of marketing and a rather me-first personality.

Now I love what I'm seeing from Guice but it's also true that this happy-go-lucky personality isn't going to help him when he goes through a tough patch. And all rookies do.

I remember Cooley gushing over how he called plays in the huddle, how everyone was just enthralled with him.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/local/fans-fanatical-for-rg3/2012/08/16/2c2de926-e7f3-11e1-936a-b801f1abab19_video.html?utm_term=.607b716c31fe

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/rgiii-in-gq/2012/08/21/2f8f0996-ebbe-11e1-b811-09036bcb182b_blog.html?utm_term=.916ee6a2663e

Comparing RG3 to Giuce? Smh... I don't know where this came from, but can we stop it now? RG3 was a national headline because he was a flashy, outspoken QB and because we mortgaged our future to get him. Giuce meets none of that criteria. If he flops, we move on and he's a footnote in the 2018 draft...

A much more accurate comparison would be to Perine. We all watched his college highlight reel last preseason where he looked like a man among boys and we were hyped. Well, after a terrible rookie season, we're already looking to move on... Giuce was a potential gift that fell in our lap, but if it doesn't work out then we plug someone else in. The media scrutiny will be 1/1000 of what we received for RG. For the love of god, move on from RG.

1 hour ago, CTskin said:

Comparing RG3 to Giuce? Smh... I don't know where this came from, but can we stop it now? RG3 was a national headline because he was a flashy, outspoken QB and because we mortgaged our future to get him. Giuce meets none of that criteria. If he flops, we move on and he's a footnote in the 2018 draft...

A much more accurate comparison would be to Perine. We all watched his college highlight reel last preseason where he looked like a man among boys and we were hyped. Well, after a terrible rookie season, we're already looking to move on... Giuce was a potential gift that fell in our lap, but if it doesn't work out then we plug someone else in. The media scrutiny will be 1/1000 of what we received for RG. For the love of god, move on from RG.

First, you might want to spell his name right.  

Second, my comparison wasn't about being a national headline and what we gave up in the draft.  It was more about an area's love affair with an athlete and how we build players up only to tear them down when they don't perform.  Already on twitter I'm seeing people call Guice the GOAT.  Really?  

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

First, you might want to spell his name right.  

Second, my comparison wasn't about being a national headline and what we gave up in the draft.  It was more about an area's love affair with an athlete and how we build players up only to tear them down when they don't perform.  Already on twitter I'm seeing people call Guice the GOAT.  Really?  

So because some random people on twitter are calling him the GOAT you think that warrants a comparison to RG?

The media's presses aren't warmed up and ready to tear Guice down. I just don't see why you jumped to this conclusion/comparison as it seems completely unwarranted. Your overwhelmingly pessimistic take based on nothing but a comparison to the biggest blockbuster trade in NFL history (other than Herschel Walker) is flat out incorrect. If a player doesn't play well then the media will react negatively and there's nothing wrong with that. If Guice becomes a problem off the field and is a flop on the field, none of which seems likely, then yes, he'll get added publicity. 

5 minutes ago, CTskin said:

So because some random people on twitter are calling him the GOAT you think that warrants a comparison to RG?

The media's presses aren't warmed up and ready to tear Guice down. I just don't see why you jumped to this conclusion/comparison as it seems completely unwarranted. Your overwhelmingly pessimistic take based on nothing but a comparison to the biggest blockbuster trade in NFL history (other than Herschel Walker) is flat out incorrect. If a player doesn't play well then the media will react negatively and there's nothing wrong with that. If Guice becomes a problem off the field and is a flop on the field, none of which seems likely, then yes, he'll get added publicity. 

Do we have a reading comprehension problem here?

I said that the media and fan base built up RG3 only to tear him down.  That could happen here with Guice.  I didn't mention draft status, I didn't mention anything about a blockbuster trade. That's you interjecting your own viewpoints.

Archived