Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SN24: To combat declining birth rate, Japan to begin offering “Breeding Visas” to foreigners

China

To combat declining birth rate, Japan to begin offering “Breeding Visas” to foreigners

Japan’s rapidly aging population and declining birthrate has been a problem for decades now. There have been several attempts by the government to try and alleviate the issue, but so far none have met with much success.

However, one upcoming strategy may finally prove successful. It comes from the Japanese government’s Accelerated Family Bureau (AFB), which recently announced that starting later this year they will begin issuing “breeding visas” to residents of foreign countries.

According to plans put forth by the AFB, breeding visas will be offered similarly to tourist, work, and family visas. However, breeding visas will have their processing expedited (typically available after one business day) and applicants will receive reimbursement on all travel expenses incurred.

Holders of breeding visas will be required to provide evidence of at least one pregnancy that they helped induce, either in themselves for females or in a Japanese citizen for males. Those unable to do so will have to pay a fine of no less than 50,000 yen (US$476) upon departure.

Click on the link for the full article

Spoiler

Source: April Fool’s!

Ya, because addressing their ***-backwards immigration policy would be too easy, right? : )

Edit:  A lot of other developed country's that are dealing with declining local birthrates and able to slow this down are doing so by offsetting it via immigration and them having kids as well (something that I wish we'd talk about more in the discussion of immigration)

Similar thread a while back and somebody (I forget who) said that the declining birth rate probably has something to do with all of the pixelation on their genitalia... has to be painful.

I’d have stolen the joke but since it’s the same message board, risk of getting caught was too great.

17 minutes ago, Destino said:

It's almost believable because Japan probably would prefer half Japanese children raised in Japan over allowing immigrants to relocate to the island in large numbers. 

That is true they are very proud of their Japanese heritage and foreigners are not looked too kindly there, I mean not negatively but they have a term "Gaijin" for them 

This is honestly what I need to do as I do enjoy Japanese as well as Asian women 

5 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

That is true they are very proud of their Japanese heritage and foreigners are not looked too kindly there, I mean not negatively but they have a term "Gaijin" for them

There's not need to sugar coat it.  Parts of Asia are wildly racist. 

@Destino I want to visit Tokyo, but I was really put off by the countries response to the half-black Miss Universe representative back in '15.  Being half-black myself, how should I feel about this?  I get that they were more mad that she was half-Japanese and representing their whole country while I'm coming from and born in America, but is that something I need to think or worry about?

49 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Destino I want to visit Tokyo, but I was really put off by the countries response to the half-black Miss Universe representative back in '15.  Being half-black myself, how should I feel about this?  I get that they were more mad that she was half-Japanese and representing their whole country while I'm coming from and born in America, but is that something I need to think or worry about?

I have no idea what that would be like because I'm neither black nor have I been to Tokyo, but my thinking when traveling has always been to worry about danger and the laws/customs in the area I'm visiting.  Tokyo seems pretty safe so if you want to see it, go for it. 

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Japanese are tremendously racist.  However, a few things to keep in mind.

1.  All Asian people are racists of the highest order.  Japanese, Korean, Chinese.  So dont feel like this is just a japanese problem

2.  Japanese feel sorry for any race of people that arent japanese.  Its not just half blacks.

`but zoony, the japanese are so nice and polite!  Youre an asshole!`

Yes.  I am an asshole, but Im not wrong. Think of how you treat a small child.  Of course you are nice to the child.  You smile a ton.  You talk about how cute he is.  Just keep that in mind when sitting across from a japanese person who is humbly bowing and smiling at you.

The Korean racism is legendary.  And ask any chinese american woman... i mean ANY... what her parents thought about her marrying a white guy or a black guy.

19 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya, I've seen and heard that a lot of people in Asian countries that were invaded by Japan in WWII still don't like them. Some wounds heal faster then others, that's for sure.

Japan is basically the germany of asia.  Nobody on their respective continents can stand the pricks, but they do purchase their cars and electronics

4 hours ago, zoony said:

1.  All Asian people are racists of the highest order.  Japanese, Korean, Chinese.  So dont feel like this is just a japanese problem

2.  Japanese feel sorry for any race of people that arent japanese.  Its not just half blacks.

Yes.  I am an asshole, but Im not wrong. Think of how you treat a small child.  Of course you are nice to the child.  You smile a ton.  You talk about how cute he is.  Just keep that in mind when sitting across from a japanese person who is humbly bowing and smiling at you.

The Korean racism is legendary.  And ask any chinese american woman... i mean ANY... what her parents thought about her marrying a white guy or a black guy

Man they were off the chain, seriously. For a time, it was me, my brogher, and a friend of mine, who is black. They wouldn't even  look at us.

My first moment living there was like the second week, when the three of of us were out chilling in the garage, talking after company had left, and this old ass lady was doing her evening walk down the street, and passed us, shooting the damdest stare I've ever seen (at least in the comfort of my own home). I mean this was some "Hurry up  and buy" level ****.

That basically started a long line of incidents, from them badmouthing one of my brothers dates (who was Chinese, and she picked up on it because she could speak like 3 extra languages) calling her a tramp, almost hitting my nephew on his back, backing out crazily from their driveway one morning, sitting on the house and alerting the homeowners (who were also Korean ) to the slightest of errs (like opening a screened window during a slight rain) and a host of other stuff, but this post is long enough lol. 

Everyday driving through the neighborhood to the house was like those scenes from the old spaghetti western where people close up shops, board windows, grab their kids, turn their backs, and walk the opposite direction. I just took it in stride after awhile though (after I almost felt like strangling the homeowner one night). **** was a trip, man. I ****ed with all of them hard though, the last week. Wasn't gonna leave without some parting shots

16 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Similar thread a while back and somebody (I forget who) said that the declining birth rate probably has something to do with all of the pixelation on their genitalia... has to be painful.

I’d have stolen the joke but since it’s the same message board, risk of getting caught was too great.

:) It was me.

I am flattered it is remembered!

12 hours ago, zoony said:

The Korean racism is legendary.  And ask any chinese american woman... i mean ANY... what her parents thought about her marrying a white guy or a black guy.

Japan is basically the germany of asia.  Nobody on their respective continents can stand the pricks, but they do purchase their cars and electronics

This is true in many ways.. i am married to a Chinese woman, and while her family accepts me after over 15 years..  some friends of hers, and more specifically their parents.. I am gwailou..  the often derogatory term for a white westerner.. particularly one who has married into the family.

I'll never forget.. a friend of hers had a hot-pot party and our host's mom was there. When my wife introduced me, the woman looked right by me as if i wasn't right in front of her with my hand out.

~Bang

Archived