Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

16 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Odell is good for 75 catches and 13.5 ypc. He would be an enormous pickup for Dwayne Haskins. Add an OT and a TE and the offense is almost as complete as the defense. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BeckOd00.htm

Easily worth a second and probably worth two seconds. And, before you argue with me, think about our recent history in the 2nd round. 

Never!  The hex against the former team has been lifted.  Second round picks are now, and forever more, going to be treated like the gold that they are for building the long-term success of the team.  Odell is good but he's not young and good.  Rivera knows what the team needs but he's not going to throw away building blocks for one player.  They presented a huge free agent contract to one WR and couldn't get him to sign.  That's ok.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Is OBJ a much better player than Allen Robinson? If we're going off recent seasons, the stats indicate he isn't. OBJ hasn't been himself since the 2016 season where he was in a very generous Giants offense that force fed him the ball. 

If its a 3rd and I had the choice between those two, I'm taking Allen Robinson. He's been more productive, and he isn't a headache.

Beckham has been a lot more productive than Robinson.  He's hit at least 1,000 yards every year of his career except the one where he missed 12 games.  Robinson has only done that twice.

Robinson is a good and above average starter.  Beckham is a star.  I don't think it's close between them, and if the trade compensation is the same, choosing one year of an above average grinder like Robinson over several years of a star like Beckham because he's got an annoying personality is the kind of move that leads to mediocrity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Beckham has been a lot more productive than Robinson.  He's hit at least 1,000 yards every year of his career except the one where he missed 12 games.  Robinson has only done that twice.

Robinson is a good and above average starter.  Beckham is a star.  I don't think it's close between them, and if the trade compensation is the same, choosing one year of an above average grinder like Robinson over several years of a star like Beckham because he's got an annoying personality is the kind of move that leads to mediocrity.

Robinson was clearly more productive than OBJ last season.  The numbers don’t lie.  

5 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I don’t trust Baker Mayfield, he already flip flopped on the whole taking a knee stance.  Who cares what he says?  The guy just throws the medical staff under the bus.  And has Robinson not played though injuries before?  Cmon.  I’ll add that both Robinson/OBJ have played in one career playoff game and even in that one game Robinson was much more productive with 10 catches 143 yards & a score vs 4 catches 28 yards for Odell.

Edited by -JB-

Robinson has a 15 mil hit this year and he is on the last year of his deal. You will have to prob pay the going rate for a #1 WR to keep him which will be 19 mil a year.

OBJ has 4 years left on his deal. no guaranteed money, all at 15 mil a year. That is way more valuable and I'd be all over that like a Zombie on a Brain

Not even a debate which direction to go in IMO

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Robinson has a 15 mil hit this year and he is on the last year of his deal. You will have to prob pay the going rate for a #1 WR to keep him which will be 19 mil a year.

OBJ has 4 years left on his deal. no guaranteed money, all at 15 mil a year. That is way more valuable and I'd be all over that like a Zombie on a Brain

This is a rebuilding team.  I don’t think it’s smart to trade away valuable draft capital for a guy like OBJ who already isn’t making an impact for a downtrodden organization.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Allen has had some seasons where he's had injuries. On a yards per game basis since 2015 he averages 67.8 yards per game which is good for 1086 per season. Over that 5 year span Beckham averages more ypg, but he has slowly been trending downward. That's a red flag to me. Allen continues to stay steady and even had a strong year last year with Mitch Trubisky throwing to him. Let's not forget that Allen Robinson has had basically the worst and most inaccurate QBs in the league throwing to him his entire career. I don't touch either for more than a 3rd, especially since Robinson would be a 15 game rental if we don't pay him. 

If this was Giants Beckham Jr., I'd be taking him all day. I just think he's a risk for the culture Ron is trying to build.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, -JB- said:

This is a rebuilding team.  I don’t think it’s smart to trade away valuable draft capital for a guy like OBJ who already isn’t making an impact for a downtrodden organization.

with 4 yrs left on his deal OBJ can be part of your rebuild. I would expect him to make an impact pairing him w/ McL

Trading for someone like Robinson on a 1 yr deal makes no sense given our situation. But incorporating a player for the long term, on a good deal no less, does. I’m not saying throw a 1st rounder or even a 2nd at the situation. If you can get him for a 3, you do it. No questions asked.

Our biggest need is OL, but if the opportunity presents itself to get a long term answer to a glaring question mark, then double down. Help your young QB.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

with 4 yrs left on his deal OBJ can be part of your rebuild. I would expect him to make an impact pairing him w/ McL

Trading for someone like Robinson on a 1 yr deal makes no sense given our situation. But incorporating a player for the long term, on a good deal no less, does. I’m not saying throw a 1st rounder or even a 2nd at the situation. If you can get him for a 3, you do it. No questions asked.

Our biggest need is OL, but if the opportunity presents itself to get a long term answer to a glaring question mark, then double down. Help your young QB.

We have a lackluster OL at best, a relatively raw & inconsistent QB, no run game, no TE’s & you expect to add OBJ and he’s going to solve our offensive issues?  He’s not solving anything in Cleveland.  Hard pass.  And just because I was defending Robinson vs OBJ doesn’t mean I’m advocating for a trade either.

Just now, -JB- said:

We have a lackluster OL at best, a relatively raw & inconsistent QB, no run game, no TE’s & you expect to add OBJ and he’s going to solve our offensive issues?  He’s not solving anything in Cleveland.  Hard pass.  And just because I was defending Robinson vs OBJ doesn’t mean I’m advocating for a trade either.

Cool, but who said anything about him solving all our problems? One player does not fix this offense. He can be part of the rebuild not the solution.

Gotta start somewhere. Once you have OBJ, or any long term complementary WR, that is one less thing to worry about. If your reasoning for not trading for a player is because your looking for 1 guy that can fix everything, you'll be looking for a while.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Cool, but who said anything about him solving all our problems? One player does not fix this offense. He can be part of the rebuild not the solution.

Gotta start somewhere. Once you have OBJ, or any long term complementary WR, that is one less thing to worry about. If your reasoning for not trading for a player is because your looking for 1 guy that can fix everything, you'll be looking for a while.

I hear you.  I just don’t think he’s a guy you want to build around when you’re trying to rebuild a culture.  If a team is going to deal for OBJ it should be a winning organization with a winning culture in place like Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Seattle etc.

Edited by -JB-

I’d take Robinson over Odell. Odell is a better player... but his attitude and drama lower his rating.

Arbitrarily assigned, is assign Odell a 91 for his actual football ability and ARob a 86.

Odell’s attitude and drama factored in take him to around an 80.

If everything goes well, it’s a great situation. If the QB doesn’t get it done... who knows. Russian Roulette 

I still think we should sign this guy.

Dolphins cut him last month. He worked out for GB, which led this guy to prematurely state he signed there, which he did not.

He did some really good things for the Colts for a few years.

No drama that I know of. Just another young, talented, and hungry player.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, -JB- said:

This is a rebuilding team. 

U never know when the rebuild turns to contender. Remember when KC flipped it on. 

3 hours ago, -JB- said:

I hear you.  I just don’t think he’s a guy you want to build around when you’re trying to rebuild a culture.  If a team is going to deal for OBJ it should be a winning organization with a winning culture in place like Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Seattle etc.

We have some nice young leaders. The

Tide crew...Haskins, older guys like Kerrigan. RR's situation could bring the team together. Adding a legit threat to that could make for a nice run.

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

I’d take Robinson over Odell.

At the same price??

5 hours ago, Nerm said:

Despite the need at WR,I would stay away from OBJ if I was the WFT.  The on field / sideline primadonna stuff is not what you want when you are building a new culture.  Haskins doesn't need the distraction of OBJ throwing a fit because he does not have enough targets, he also doesn't need a WR who will go on national TV and throw his QB and the rest of the offense under the bus when things are not going well.

This stuff hasn’t happened in literal years. He’s been stuck in the hell of CLE putting up little production and getting outperformed by his friend Jarvis Landry and hasn’t made a peep. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Agreed, and to help him buy in, you can graciously guarantee some of that money he’d already be due without a big raise at all.

• Like 1