Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's All Get Behind Alex Smith! Or Not!! (M.E.T.) NO kirk talk---that goes in ATN forum

Veryoldschool

1 minute ago, Morneblade said:

The same could be said for the guys that followed him to his 3rd team, right? But I'll give credit to guys like @Sandy Monkwho own it, and participate in good faith and are here in the off season, through the wins and the loses. You might be here just for Smith, but you just don't show up when he plays a good game. You're here when it's not so good. I respect that.

When I go in, I go in all the way.. even if it doesn't last beyond Smith. It very well may, but I make no commitments. I follow every transaction. I get to know every player. I don't care too much about deep history, as I don't feel that's connected. Maybe it can be with owners/GMs, but it's still not what I see as the big picture. To me, this is the Jay era, but with some different and promising personnel added. Just as it happened for me in 2013, I am finding this fit and the current players very appealing. 

.. and I'll mention that my favorite college player over the last 2 years is none other than..... DERRIUS GUICE (LSU fan here). So, this was a very appealing transition for me. I'm going to be respectful here, and while I do get edgy when pushed, I plan to be focused on keeping it clean. 

9 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

No offense to Sandy but I find being infatuated with a player to the point where you follow him to bash or support is kind of strange but to each his own.

The bottom line is we have enough smart football people on the site who are fully capable of criticizing our team and they have every right to, but these trolls really bug the **** out of me because they don't care about the team, they are just weirdo's looking to pour gas on the fire.

Like I said, If you're going to call out one side, call out the other. Either is the same category to me.

As for guys that are huge fans of a paticular player, I do get it. I was a huge Payton Manning fan. He went to my college and I followed his career throughout. Wanted him to win all the games he played in, except when he played us. I was a huge Eric Dickerson fan, going back to SMU, same deal. Now, I didn't go to other teams boards and sign up, but I'm not going to judge that either. I understand having favorite players. I'm good with it. I had a bunch back in the day, going from Sweetness, to Alvin Walton, to Barry Sanders, to Art Monk, John Stallworth, ect. back when I was a big NFL fan.

Just now, Morneblade said:

Like I said, If you're going to call out one side, call out the other. Either is the same category to me.

So you're defending a guy who registered yesterday to tell us 2 times that Alex likes to check down and don't expect anything else?

Sandy adds content and articulates it, these other people do not, there is a difference.

I know you hate Alex and you won't find one post from me where I was EVER excited about his signing but still, why be a sellout because it fits the narrative you're pushing?

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

So you're defending a guy who registered yesterday to tell us 2 times that Alex likes to check down and don't expect anything else?

Sandy adds content and articulates it, these other people do not, there is a difference.

I know you hate Alex and you won't find one post from me where I was EVER excited about his signing but still, why be a sellout because it fits the narrative you're pushing?

This really was the distinction that Mournblade chose or failed to see. That, and I actually want this team to kick some serious butt. 

:) 

Oh, and I don't care for the term infatuated. No offense really taken, but just saying.

I have immense respect for Alex Smith, the man and the player. But I don't have some sexual crush on him, have a fathead of him in my bedroom, or stand outside his window for a glimpse. 

I'd love for the conversation to get back to what it was intended for.. and it wasn't intended to talk about ME. ? 

5 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

This really was the distinction that Mournblade chose or failed to see. That, and I actually want this team to kick some serious butt. 

It's all good Sandy, I'm not the board police and yesterday was the first time in 12 years I ever reported a post.

We have lots of people on ES who don't like the Skins, the point is they add quality content and my only gripe is these weirdos are just being childish.

I simply do not understand all of the checking down at the end of the game. Like at that point you are just playing to get injured.

But it's still just one game. It worked against the cards, and everybody loved it. It didn't, and everybody is ready to mail it in. Dig deep down, take deep breaths, and remind yourself that there are 14 games left.

Honestly reminds me of Luck and Griffin's rookie years where every week people would say "NOOOO look at what he just did this past week compared to him, he's SOO much better." And then the next week the narrative would flip. One week overreactions are weak.

There are 2-0 teams right now that will pick top ten. Probably a couple win less teams that straighten the ship. And then everybody else in the middle. Let. It. Play. Out.

Desean Jackson threads, Bruce Allen comes popping back up, Smith sucks, Snyder will never learn. It's no way to act as a fan base, at least not in my opinion. Maybe every fan base reacts this way, I dunno. But I took a couple day break from the board to reflect on the colts game, and while it was a total egg, I can't seem to remotely wrap my head around some of what is being said around here. Maybe I'm just different and the crazy one though...

9 hours ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

You don't buy a race car and peel out in 4th gear. THIS is on Gruden I am REALLY sorry to finally accept. Not Alex. Unless Alex calls the plays

Down 12 and knowing that you probably have only one play left do you really need your coach to tell you take a shot in the end zone instead of throwing a check down (incomplete at that) to your running back?

1 minute ago, Sandy Monk said:

I can feel your pain, and often forget this advice myself @HardcoreZorn, but you just have to let people react how they react. It can be obnoxious and frustrating, but fans have the right to be gloom and doom, if that's how they process and digest the roller-coaster ride of each season. 

yeah true you right! I think it hits home because I invest a lot of energy into this team and it hurts to see them torn down and booed so quickly. Even at the first sign of things going wrong.

2 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Nope. I'm saying we've got a few here that are the complete opposite that do the same thing, and you're fine with it. Probably because you hate Cousins, right?

I don't hate Alex. I've actually defended him this week. Posted some very positive information further back in the thread. The fact that you think I do says all about you I need to see. Basically, that you don't have a idea what you're talking about.

1 hour ago, Sandy Monk said:

Oh, and I don't care for the term infatuated. No offense really taken, but just saying.

I have immense respect for Alex Smith, the man and the player. But I don't have some sexual crush on him, have a fathead of him in my bedroom, or stand outside his window for a glimpse. 

I'd love for the conversation to get back to what it was intended for.. and it wasn't intended to talk about ME. ? 

Nope, I've already explained that. I already, several times said that I respect you, and don't put you in that category, or are you blind to THAT as well? There have been several other tag-a-longs that are trollish. You, however are not one of them, as I've already mentioned SEVERAL times.

Edit: And Sandy, if you can't get my name right, It's going to be Sandy Vag for you.

11 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Nope, I've already explained that. I already, several times said that I respect you, and don't put you in that category, or are you blind to THAT as well? There have been several other tag-a-longs that are trollish. You, however are not one of them, as I've already mentioned SEVERAL times.

Edit: And Sandy, if you can't get my name right, It's going to be Sandy Vag for you.

I think JSS made a strong point that you did not really address. 

I noted very well your respect given. I have no issue with anything you seem to be about. Like I was set to respond with, and JSS beat me to it, there is a HUGE distinction between why I am here, and why some others signing up are here. 

I am here to be respectful, contribute, actually watch Redskins football, celebrate the successes.. and grumble over the failures.

Others are signing up to continue to trash your starting QB at every opportunity, trash anyone who supports him, gloat over Mahomes, and celebrate in every Redskins failure with Alex as the centerpiece. 

That was essentially what JSS was pointing out, and what I feel you didn't really acknowledge. You made it seem like there was no difference between the us.. and the them. 

.. and again, I just can't seem to get your name right. Second time it was not intentional, but you're free to disbelieve that. Call me whatever name you want. Obviously, if I can handle Sandy Vag for years with a chuckle, I don't imagine it or worse will have any affect on me. 

16 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

Oh, and to be on the safe side, sorry if I offend you @JSSkinz by having called you JSS a few times. I didn't realize people get can get so ruffled about the exacts in their usernames. 

Its probably difficult to keep things straight when you follow so many teams around but it was actually Morneblade whose name you spelled wrong.

GO SKINS!

3 hours ago, Sandy Monk said:

Just to be clear though, I'd have to most be called a 49ers fan, but also just a football fan in general.

That's cool.  Like I said to each their own.  I just love to find excuses to put up a Seinfeld clip when I can so all in fun on my end.  ?  I saw your post about Guice -- I considered myself the biggest Guice freak on the board or at least top 5 so we got that in common.  I was on him last year and hyping him all off season pre draft.   When we took him, one regular from the draft thread goes where's SIP he must be going nuts we took his guy.

Losing Guice took a lot of wind out of my sails.  I was such a Guice freak that a large part of why I got tickets for the Arizona game (coming from South Florida -- that's one heck of a trip) was to see his debut.   Already had the tickets when the injury happened.

Peterson's preseason performance hyped me back up some.  I am a freak about having a running game period no matter who the the QB is.  So I've wanted a marquee RB badly.  We've had mostly Jags here since Portis -- with a short nice stint from Morris.   I think a running game is essential (unless you got Rodgers or Brady) if you are going to make a post season run. 

The thing I was very hyped to see is Alex working in tandem with Guice -- I think Guice's hands are underrated -- to me I think potentially he's Chris Thompson and Peterson all in one player.  Hyperbole perhaps on my end -- but I think he can do everything well.  But will have to wait until next year.

Going back to Alex, I am sticking with what I've thought about him all along -- not a world beater but he's good.   I am jazzed about the RPO-RO-backfield motion stuff -- that's what i was most jazzed to see from Alex.  We saw some of that in game 1.  It didn't work the same way in game 2.   Hopefully, it gets back on track in game 3.   I suspect it will.  Will see.    I don't think much of this FO and I don't think they surrounded Alex with enough weapons to thrive.   Having said that, if Peterson is back to game 1 version of himself and Reed and Thompson stay healthy -- I think they will be fine.  If not, I am worried.  And that's because of the supporting cast not Alex.   That simple to me. 

23 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Nope. I'm saying we've got a few here that are the complete opposite that do the same thing, and you're fine with it. Probably because you hate Cousins, right?

I don't want to debate good trolls and bad trolls but my opinion is this, if you register the day we get our ass kicked and come on here with canned posts that are obviously written to insight more frustration then you're a troll, we can agree to disagree on this since its obvious we have differing opinions.

As for Kirk, he's a really good QB, IMO he's better than Alex and its not even close but I don't think he was a tier 1 for us and I don't think he was worth more than $25M per year.  I also don't believe he wanted to play here after the 2015 season and I did get frustrated with him on a more personal level(not about talent)at the end once I heard the town hall and realized we never really had a shot after Scott and Bruce decided not to pursue the $19.5M counter offer that happened during the offseason.

I really don't want to debate any of what I just wrote about Kirk, I spent 4 months doing it in that hell thread and I have nothing left to give on that topic.

23 minutes ago, Cap'nCheckdown said:

Its probably difficult to keep things straight when you follow so many teams around but it was actually Morneblade whose name you spelled wrong.

GO SKINS!

Actually you have it wrong.

I was addressing Morneblade with the other post, and then later followed that post with another to JSSkinz, in case he also gets offended easily by inexact username issues. 

So, who are you on the Chiefs' board, by the way? or are you not saying? 

Nevermind. I don't care to know, and I'm done with all of this touchy personal crap. 

I'll discuss the topic, but the rest of this is just flat out annoying to myself and more so to the real fans here anyway. Done with that. 

I’m just absolutely stunned that Alex ****ing Smith has self admitted stans. Like actual Stans that follow him from team to team like he’s Kobe or LeBron. My mind is blown. I mean you really only see that with basketball fans but even then, it is for top level guys.

Alex ****ing Smith...that is some wild ****.

god bless you dude 

That’s like having a fan club for toothpaste. I mean it’s cool and all but really? 

1 hour ago, Sandy Monk said:

I think JSS made a strong point that you did not really address. 

I noted very well your respect given. I have no issue with anything you seem to be about. Like I was set to respond with, and JSS beat me to it, there is a HUGE distinction between why I am here, and why some others signing up are here. 

I am here to be respectful, contribute, actually watch Redskins football, celebrate the successes.. and grumble over the failures.

Others are signing up to continue to trash your starting QB at every opportunity, trash anyone who supports him, gloat over Mahomes, and celebrate in every Redskins failure with Alex as the centerpiece. 

That was essentially what JSS was pointing out, and what I feel you didn't really acknowledge. You made it seem like there was no difference between the us.. and the them. 

.. and again, I just can't seem to get your name right. Second time it was not intentional, but you're free to disbelieve that. Call me whatever name you want. Obviously, if I can handle Sandy Vag for years with a chuckle, I don't imagine it or worse will have any affect on me. 

Well, then let me clarify. There has been several new accounts that are here to do one thing, and that is sing Alex's praises. When things go bad, they disappear...........and the anit-Alex guys come out and dump all over him. I see absolutely no difference in the 2. Two sides of the same coin. He wants to bash one side, but not the other. I say, if you are going to bash one side, you need to bash both. Does that clear things up?

And, I as I said, you are not on that coin.

34 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I don't want to debate good trolls and bad trolls but my opinion is this, if you register the day we get our ass kicked and come on here with canned posts that are obviously written to insight more frustration then you're a troll, we can agree to disagree on this since its obvious we have differing opinions.

Actually, we are not. We have Anit-Alex trolls that just showed up, and a bunch of Pro-Alex trolls that were here week one and have now disappeared. To me, they are both trolls, and if you're going to rip one group, rip the other as well.

34 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

As for Kirk, he's a really good QB, IMO he's better than Alex and its not even close but I don't think he was a tier 1 for us and I don't think he was worth more than $25M per year.  I also don't believe he wanted to play here after the 2015 season and I did get frustrated with him on a more personal level(not about talent)at the end once I heard the town hall and realized we never really had a shot after Scott and Bruce decided not to pursue the $19.5M counter offer that happened during the offseason.

I really don't want to debate any of what I just wrote about Kirk, I spent 4 months doing it in that hell thread and I have nothing left to give on that topic.

That's fine, I can respect you being tired of that. I sure as hell am myself. Just know I don't hate Alex, which was what you said. As for the FO debacle, we can agree to disagree. Cool?

21 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I think @Cap’nCheckdown is right, @Sandy Monk, a few posts up you added a u to morneblades name :P not that i think that requires him to have gotten mad about that ??‍♂️ :) 

Well, it's like the 5th time he's done it. A couple of times he's admitted it was in fun, so It's gotten kinda stale.

1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I’m just absolutely stunned that Alex ****ing Smith has self admitted stans. Like actual Stans that follow him from team to team like he’s Kobe or LeBron. My mind is blown. I mean you really only see that with basketball fans but even then, it is for top level guys.

god bless you dude 

That’s like having a fan club for toothpaste. I mean it’s cool and all but really? 

I can understand it to because I've adopted the Vikings as a second team because of Cousins. I had two screens going Sunday, the Skins were on the big one.  If Griffin finds a way to somehow breakout and become a successful starter on another team I am sure a number of Skin fans would jump on his bandwagon.  What I don't understand is the anti-Smith guys who tagged along to warn us about Smith and his fans,  that kind of negativity is weird and sad.

2 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

god bless you dude 

You don't remember the Colgate/Crest fan war in the late 2000s? It was brutal!

Archived