Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 ES GMs Mock Draft is complete!

Epochalypse

8 hours ago, bedlamVR said:

I kind of am a scientist and never really understood the fahrenhiet scale - Interestingly its only the US and a few pacific islands that actually use the scale - Everyone else - and i mean everyone else (Even Mr Kelvin) - uses centigrade .. because well its based off things we can measure; 

The standard temperature at the triple point of water is provided by a special cell, an evacuated glass cylinder containing pure water. When the cell is cooled enough so that a mantle of ice forms around the reentrant well, the temperature at the interface of solid, liquid, and vapor is 273.16 K

but to help out our ungrateful ex-colonial friends  9C/5+32=F. so ((F - 32)*5)/9 = C ( the right temperature scale)

Oh heck the Lions are listening to offers for pick No20 

The Fahrenheit scale was developed by a German born scientist Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit as he developed the modern thermometer using mercury that provided finer resolution. Both are a linear equations (hence the reason -40C = -40F). He developed his 3 pt to create the line by setting 0 with a solution of water, ice and salt (sodium chloride for you scientists), 32 with equal water and ice and then body temperature or blood heat (yes he actually placed the thermometer under his wife's armpit.)  

Msot of that people probably know. However, what they may not know is the Fahrenheit scale is a derivative of Roemer scale - it uses the freezing point of water as 7.5 deg R and the boiling point of water as 60 deg R. After multiplying the Roemer scale by 4 he then adjusted with the methods above. It was later adjusted for 212 boiling pt that we use today. 

So the Fahrenheit scale is also based on things we can measure. It's just a shift of the linear equation. I actually like it better due to the finer resolution. 

Just a wealth of useless information!!  :rofl89:

4 minutes ago, Gallen5862 said:

GHH I don't know where Sam Mills went. Has he been on the board since last years mock draft?

I sent him a PM when we were going to start and he never responded. 

He has not been on since August 15th, 2017. 

With the 26th pick in the 1st round - the Washington Redskins pick: Derrius Guice RB LSU

At 5' 10" and 218 lbs, he has a power runners body and a mind set to go with it. But he is also deceptively quick running a 4.49 at the combine - 5th fastest. He has the potential to become an all down back finally solving the Redskins RB problems. But in the short term he will be a great complimentary back to Chris Thompson - assuming he comes back 100%. 

He is an angry runner giving out licks when he makes contact with the power to back it up. He gets a lot of yards after contact and always falls forward. Very hard to bring down 1 on 1. He can catch out of the backfield. He is adequate blocker but not his strength. He had a rough 2017 but was finally healthy in the Citrus Bowl and had a very good game against a very good Notre Dame team, looking much like he did in 2016 when you look at that film. 

image.png.9dcaa256636cab208eace34ae2bd4fb1.png

Love that pick goskins.  Guice is a stud of a back.  I gotta add, I like the trade.  Perhaps value-wise you could have gotten more, but I’ve advocated not worrying so much about value when there are plenty of guys in the 1st that can seriously help us and we could really use an extra 2nd or 3rd.  Worked out big time with Guice being there.  

I think Guice and an extra 2nd far outweighs Vea by himself.  Some may think you should have gone for James, but I think you picked the right course.  Now if Fitzpatrick had been there...

If this had been the real draft, I think the Skins help themselves twofold - getting a top back, and kickstarting (potentially) a run on backs, perhaps pushing more talent to 44. 

20 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Love that pick goskins.  Guice is a stud of a back.  I gotta add, I like the trade.  Perhaps value-wise you could have gotten more, but I’ve advocated not worrying so much about value when there are plenty of guys in the 1st that can seriously help us and we could really use an extra 2nd or 3rd.  Worked out big time with Guice being there.  

I think Guice and an extra 2nd far outweighs Vea by himself.  Some may think you should have gone for James, but I think you picked the right course.  Now if Fitzpatrick had been there...

If this had been the real draft, I think the Skins help themselves twofold - getting a top back, and kickstarting (potentially) a run on backs, perhaps pushing more talent to 44. 

Thanks.  I was limited in value by no trading of future picks honestly. Not complaining as I voted for no trading of future picks myself. I am pretty certain Atl would have added in next years 3rd or 4th if they could. But I really wanted to get another pick instead of picking at 13. I was hoping for at least a 3rd to replace what Bruce traded away and I got a 2nd. Even better. 

Two more things and I will leave it at that - if I were forced to pick at 13 I would have taken James. But to be honest he needs to be around the LOS to be most effective, something we already have in DJ. Also, he has only 26 college games and an ACL tear in his history. He is an alpha dog though. Love his spirit and work ethic based on reports. He has a good instincts around the ball. Love his blitz capability. He will inject life into whatever locker-room he enters. So again, I would have looked past all the other stuff if I had to pick at 13. But preferred the extra 2nd rounder. 

Had Fitzpatrick been there I would have never considered trading. Could end up being the best player in the draft. Looked like he was falling with a few QB needy teams in front. Didn't happen. I am happy how it turned out though - at least this round LOL 

1 hour ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

@goskins10 is getting into character as Bruce, probably six deep into a case of Coors and throwing darts at his draft board

Um.. that's Yuengling! I have at least a little more class than Bruce! Coors - water beer! 

image.png.52b459cd90a605014c27f70a45d39dd9.png

Archived