Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 ES GMs Mock Draft is complete!

Epochalypse

5 hours ago, goskins10 said:

I got broad shoulders - I can handle it.  

image.thumb.png.e6c0fec92ad7163896ad77a07673453d.png

I'll caveat the first point that if you tried to move up, apologies and ignore it. But in a draft so bereft of blue-chippers, and a Redskins team the same, I don't personally get how there's one elite talent in Fitzpatrick that can contribute fro a high-level Week 1 sat there 4 picks away for a small trade up. And you pass. (At least try make the move. he '9ers don't accept, or there's a better offer with no 3rd, sound. But attempt to get an elite guy when the opportunity arises.). And then, although James is a far letter athlete right now than football player (not that's he's a bad footballer player like. He's starting and making an impact Week 1), you have every trait for Sean Taylor MK2. Passed on for a second rounder. 

I'm all for drafting and picks but that's just madness IMHO regardless of who those picks being given the drop off in talent from those two. Not least in a thin safety class. 

You'd need those shoulders. Allen would be absolutely, and rightly, vilified right now. 

Hail. 

5 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Now let's get down to business.  With the 14th selection of the first round of the 2018 Extreme Skins mock draft, the Green Bay Packers select

DERWIN JAMES, DB FSU

EXCEPTIONAL value at 14. Mad how he could fall so low. In my top 10 overall this class. He was the other guy I'd of moved up for that I couldn't name.

Complete bad ass and phenomenal all-round athlete that has everything to be a phenomenal all-round football player.

Hail. 

5 hours ago, SkinsFanMania said:

Never expected Derwin James to fall to pick fourteen, but was hoping he would make two more picks.  McGlinchey gives the Ravens a day one starter at RT with ability to play LT if Ronnie Stanley is injured.   

Just as shocked on James.

Not quite as high on McGlinchey as others but in a poor OT class, he's certainly at the top and needed to be taken early if you wanted one.

I see him more as a potentially great NFL guard personally being a better run defender than pass blocker. 

Welcome back into the game man. Missed you last year. :cheers:

Hail. 

3 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Just as shocked on James.

Not quite as high on McGlinchey as others but in a poor OT class, he's certainly at the top and needed to be taken early if you wanted one.

I see him more as a potentially great NFL guard personally being a better run defender than pass blocker. 

Welcome back into the game man. Missed you last year. :cheers:

Hail. 

At 6'8" (thats 203.2 centimeters for you scoucers), leverage might be a bit of an issue for him to play inside.

25 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

EXCEPTIONAL value at 14. Mad how he could fall so low. In my top 10 overall this class. He was the other guy I'd of moved up for that I couldn't name.

Complete bad ass and phenomenal all-round athlete that has everything to be a phenomenal all-round football player.

Hail.

I might have considered a trade down were he not there.  Felt like the talent dropped off after him.

Just now, PokerPacker said:

At 6'8" (thats 203.2 centimeters for you scoucers), leverage might be a bit of an issue for him to play inside.

*ScouSers. 

You're good with feet and inches. Imperial measurements are, and probably always will be, still the norm here in everyday life. The UK officially tried to go part metric like Central Europe but it's never really kicked in. 

Hail. 

29 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

*ScouSers. 

You're good with feet and inches. Imperial measurements are, and probably always will be, still the norm here in everyday life. The UK officially tried to go part metric like Central Europe but it's never really kicked in. 

Hail. 

Funny, I was just reading up on the history there a bit.  Had to laugh that after the war, America decided to go the Brit’s route rather than France’s metric (thanks for helping us gain Independence France).  Then Britain switched to metric, lol.  Glad to see there’s more to it. :)

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

And here I thought I was being sensitive to your British spelling since you insist on spelling words that end in "se" with "ce" such as "offence" and "defence"

Throw in centre too when it comes to football haha. 

I can't be held accountable for you heathens butchering the English language. :P

Hail. 

Just now, skinny21 said:

Funny, I was just reading up on the history there a bit.  Had to laugh that after the war, America decided to go the Brit’s route rather than France’s metric (thanks for helping us gain Independence France).  Then Britain switched to metric, lol.  Glad to see there’s more to it. :)

We're at least getting there in the sciences where it really matters.  The other stuff mostly comes down to what people know.  And quite frankly, as far as weather is concerned, I think the Fahrenheit scale is more intuitive since it is based on the human body temperature (but as fate would have it, Dr. Fahrenheit had a fever the day he took measurements...)

Just now, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Throw in centre too when it comes to football haha. 

Misplacing 'r's is perfectly acceptable in Football.  See: Favre

Hmmm. Thought for sure Seatlle would go the interior OL there. 

Not my cup of tea as a corner. Guy can't tackle. I mean, he's got outstanding ball skills, instincts and length to make him outstanding and first round in coverage. (Lead all of college football in passes defended and INT's.). But I kind of like my corners to be able to tackle and relish physical contact. He's no, God, who was the other Iowa corner that went the Chargers last year? I had him in the second but he somehow fell to day three. Great rookie season. Shoot ..... He's more my kind of corner anyway. Shrugs. 

But we all see things differently. 

Hail. 

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Not my cup of tea as a corner. Guy can't tackle. I mean, he's got outstanding ball skills, instincts and length to make him outstanding and first round in coverage. (Lead all of college football in passes defended and INT's.). But I kind of like my corners to be able to tackle and relish physical contact.

With the way the league is going 90% of the corners can't tackle any more ?. They all use their head. With limited off-season contact work they need to teach them proper tackling techniques to not get hit with 15 yard penalties. 

2 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

With the way the league is going 90% of the corners can't tackle any more ?. They all use their head. With limited off-season contact work they need to teach them proper tackling techniques to not get hit with 15 yard penalties. 

Yeah, but Jackson just has no interest in getting physical. He's a zone only guy. You wouldn't put him in press-man at all. Which makes him a little strange for a Seahawk DB for me. Shrugs. 

Hell of a ball hawk though. 

Hail. 

2 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Yeah, but Jackson just has no interest in getting physical. He's a zone only guy. You wouldn't put him in press-man at all. 

Hell of a ball hawk though. 

Hail. 

I agree with that. Play him off the receiver in a zone and let him then read and react. With Thomas over the top I think he won't get burned to bad deep. It's a player you need to fit in the scheme not a do it all. 

5 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Not my cup of tea as a corner. Guy can't tackle. I mean, he's got outstanding ball skills, instincts and length to make him outstanding and first round in coverage. (Lead all of college football in passes defended and INT's.). But I kind of like my corners to be able to tackle and relish physical contact. He's no, God, who was the other Iowa corner that went the Chargers last year? I had him in the second but he somehow fell to day three. Great rookie season. Shoot ..... He's more my kind of corner anyway. Shrugs. 

But we all see things differently. 

Hail. 

I agree.  He really dropped on my draft board when I watched film on him because I saw how passive he was on the ball when it wasn't thrown at him.  Complete non-factor in the run game if the ball is run straight at him.  You may as well field 10 defenders if it's a run because he doesn't even look like he's trying to get in on the play.  Makes him, in my opinion, a passing-down only option, and that's not what I'm looking for out of a 1st rounder.

6 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

We're at least getting there in the sciences where it really matters.  The other stuff mostly comes down to what people know.  And quite frankly, as far as weather is concerned, I think the Fahrenheit scale is more intuitive since it is based on the human body temperature (but as fate would have it, Dr. Fahrenheit had a fever the day he took measurements...)

Misplacing 'r's is perfectly acceptable in Football.  See: Favre

I kind of am a scientist and never really understood the fahrenhiet scale - Interestingly its only the US and a few pacific islands that actually use the scale - Everyone else - and i mean everyone else (Even Mr Kelvin) - uses centigrade .. because well its based off things we can measure; 

The standard temperature at the triple point of water is provided by a special cell, an evacuated glass cylinder containing pure water. When the cell is cooled enough so that a mantle of ice forms around the reentrant well, the temperature at the interface of solid, liquid, and vapor is 273.16 K

but to help out our ungrateful ex-colonial friends  9C/5+32=F. so ((F - 32)*5)/9 = C ( the right temperature scale)

Oh heck the Lions are listening to offers for pick No20 

Archived