Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 ES GMs Mock Draft is complete!

Epochalypse

Okie dokie. In that case, we have our first trade of the 2018 NFL Draft. 

*TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT* 

The Dallas Cowboys send the 19th overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, along with the 18th pick in the 2nd Round (Pick # 50), the 17th pick in the 3rd Round (# 81), and the 16th pick in the 4th Round (Pick # 116), to the San Francisco 49ers in exchange for San Francisco's 9th overall selection and the 6th pick in Round 3. (# 70). 

THE DALLAS COWBOYS ARE NOW ON THE CLOCK! 

Hail. 

And now, at 4 in the AM, I need sleep and to mull over a very important decision we've just manoeuvred ourselves into. 

Will it be the player I've flipped from 2 to 3 to 2 to 3 overall with Barkley? Or will it be another top option as players have fallen? Main goal being staying awake long enough to be in that position to choose. Now, I'm goosed. 

There endeth the night's proceedings. Sorry and all that. I shall return in the AM. 

Hail. 

5 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

THE DALLAS COWBOYS ARE NOW ON THE CLOCK! 

5abb05913a585_ScreenShot2018-01-21at1_47_32AM.thumb.png.5af0dc553d81725af2bd12eb351a6dad.png

Just now, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

And now, at 4 in the AM, I need sleep and to mull over a very important decision we've just manoeuvred ourselves into. 

We've?

You and the "creatures?"

20 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

The following better not happen in real life...

9 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

The Dallas Cowboys send the 19th overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, along with the 18th pick in the 2nd Round (Pick # 50), the 17th pick in the 3rd Round (# 81), and the 16th pick in the 4th Round (Pick # 116), to the San Francisco 49ers in exchange for San Francisco's 9th overall selection and the 6th pick in Round 3. (# 70). 

Dunno about anyone else, but I'm perfectly OK with Dallas pulling a Ditka

Edit: didn't see the part about #70 - not quite a 'Ditka'

1 minute ago, Baughlin' said:

Dunno about anyone else, but I'm perfectly OK with Dallas pulling a Ditka

That trade actually isn't all that bad.  a 2nd to move up early in the 1st, and a 4th to move up early in the 3rd.

Now as for trading for a slot just to go to bed... :bye:

I do have holes in the secondary but I have a few elsewhere and with the addition of Sherman and holes all over the place on defense the picks were too much to turn down. If I'm taking secondary at 9, ideally I want a corner that can travel or a safety that has elite skills in the box or at deep half center fielder. Didn't see that. 

1 minute ago, Berggy9598 said:

I do have holes in the secondary but I have a few elsewhere and with the addition of Sherman and holes all over the place on defense the picks were too much to turn down. If I'm taking secondary at 9, ideally I want a corner that can travel or a safety that has elite skills in the box or at deep half center fielder. Didn't see that. 

Honestly, I don't think the value was all that great.  Adding in your own 3rd, in my opinion, tilted the trade in GHH's favor.

Just now, PokerPacker said:

Honestly, I don't think the value was all that great.  Adding in your own 3rd, in my opinion, tilted the trade in GHH's favor.

That's fine I still have two third round picks and they were in close proximity. 6 picks in rounds 2-4 is huge if you know what you're doing and I still have flexibility to move around some more. I feel really good about the players I can get at 19 and I feel really good about rounds 2 and 3. 

1 hour ago, Berggy9598 said:

I don't mind the trade down, there's plenty of value to be had in the mid rounds, but your reasoning in my opinion is mind boggling.

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Will it be the player I've flipped from 2 to 3 to 2 to 3 overall with Barkley? Or will it be another top option as players have fallen? Main goal being staying awake long enough to be in that position to choose. Now, I'm goosed. 

There endeth the night's proceedings. Sorry and all that. I shall return in the AM. 

Hail. 

I don't get it. You trade up to get the guy you want, not to give yourself options. Feels like you're just trading up for the sake of trading up but each to their own.

2 minutes ago, Cypress said:

I don't get it. You trade up to get the guy you want, not to give yourself options. Feels like you're just trading up for the sake of trading up but each to their own.

Shh.  Don't question him.  That will just make his write-up longer.  He'll wake up with his pick coming to him in his dream.  And just as he's about to post his pick, he'll see your post and spend an hour writing up a response about why the trade was necessary.  Just go with it and we'll get out in time for lunch.

55 minutes ago, Cypress said:

Probably just GHH doing his thing. He has a top 5 or top 3 player left on his board and wants to write a long post about who he picked and why. I can see that he might not be in the mood for that at 4 a.m. 

-----

Good and interesting picks. Fit the teams and position on my draft board. 

1 hour ago, Cypress said:

Hey Rook ..... Come here ..... No, seriously, come over here and pull up a chair! ..... *Whispers 'That was a polite way of excusing myself to get some much needed shut-eye without angering everyone. I knew exactly who I traded up for at 9 after I'd been working on trades from 10 on down as I never in a million years expected this guy to fall. Shame on everyone else that he did. But to your point, I'll cover that in the preface to my pick who the other options where. But keep this all to yourself and close to your chest.  ;)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to shower and prepare for work. Whilst starting on my write-up for the 9th pick or else @PokerPacker won't get his dinner. Or 'lunch' as the dayum Yankie insists on calling it! 

Hail. 

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hey Rook ..... Come here ..... No, seriously, come over here and pull up a chair! ..... *Whispers 'That was a polite way of excusing myself to get some much needed shut-eye without angering everyone. I knew exactly who I traded up for at 9 after I'd been working on trades from 10 on down as I never in a million years expected this guy to fall. Shame on everyone else that he did. But to your point, I'll cover that in the preface to my pick who the other options where. But keep this all to yourself and close to your chest.  ;)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to shower and prepare for work. Whilst starting on my write-up for the 9th pick or else @PokerPacker won't get his dinner. Or 'lunch' as the dayum Yankie insists on calling it! 

Hail. 

Bro, I don't think you'll anger anyone. You're active on the forums, your posts are thought out and presented with detail (which I love). If you're angling for James just say you traded up for James :D I was just hoping to get a pick in before I go to sleep but seems that won't be happening so you lads may be waiting for me to finish work tomorrow.

P.S. You're also a Liverpool fan so me and you are solid ;)

39 minutes ago, Cypress said:

I was just hoping to get a pick in before I go to sleep but seems that won't be happening so you lads may be waiting for me to finish work tomorrow.

If you want you can always send Epo a message. In the past I have send him like my top 2 or 3 players and said: if I get on the clock, just pick the highest one left on this board. 

Because I like to keep things moving. The most active hours US time (after work) are the hours I sleep (EU time). 

Archived