Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 ES GMs Mock Draft is complete!

Epochalypse

14 minutes ago, Cypress said:

I guess that's why these mocks are so subjective. I'm all for building a dynasty, slowly, from the ground up, watching a guy develop etc. But we're being rated on instant success. Oh yeah. Barkley had 1400+ yards and 10 TD's this season. Good pick :)

In saying that, hypothetically, this time next year are all the teams up for grabs and can you pencil in the team you're picking with this year?

Well, three-year success at least. This draft won't be worth much of a damn outside of personal interests to look back on until at least after the 2020 season. 

The normal MO the now four years this has been running is for the previous years GM's to be offered the same teams the following year. Or if there's an agreement that a guy dropped out/ pulled the Redskins etc. one year he could flip straight back to his original team the next. 

You'd have to contact a relevant GM to see if he'd switch teams bud. Personally speaking, I'm way too invested in Dallas for my sins to ever want to do that. Shrugs. 

Hail. 

13 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

In real life Brown's are just in a bad position. They have to take a QB. If they wait until four they will get the second or third best QB. The issue with that is...if the other two develop in a franchise QB, they missed on it again. You can not pass on franchise QBs over and over again. It's the most important position. 

You can not tell me that the trade with Eagles made the Brown's a better team. 

But in this parallel universe I understand with Epo us doing. Get the best player and build from that. 

If I were the Browns I would trade for the #2 pick :)

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Like, say, this one you mean? ;) .

Hail. 

without any discussion.  The discussion would be in the original thread.  

May also  be a good idea to have a shared google doc so everyone can enter their own selection.  This way it isn't on one person to update it.

6 minutes ago, SkinsFanMania said:

without any discussion.  The discussion would be in the original thread.  

Personally, never seen the need for two separate threads bud. I barely looked at the other one the first year. 

And as the Commissioner noted, the mods like things all in one place. Clogs up the boards with multiple threads for one topic. 

Two picks. Two MAJOR surprises. I'd of laid good money on them being the other way round. 

But I'd always personally take a QB if I were the Giants. You don't figure on being this high again to do that. I just didn't expect that. 

Mad start to Round One. 

Hail. 

Personally I'm not sure about any of the top QBs. So I'm really curious to see how these guys all work out. 

Agree with Gibbs. Giants at two. No QB taken, you take the QB. Any other year you might need to trade a load of picks to get in this position again. Manning is not build like Tom Brady, Drew Brees or Favre. Don't see him age well in the NFL. 

With the 3rd pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the New York Jets select.....

Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma

With a low pick and a lot of time before my next picks I've put a lot of time into watching the QB's. Not sure if this is deemed controversial or not but Mayfield for me is the best QB in the draft and the Jets trading up in real life has forced my hand to take him this early.

I haven't seen a QB with so much poise in years. Never phased by a pass rusher coming at him, stands strong in the pocket and never hesitates to pull the trigger. Amazing composure and an amazing presence on the field. Exactly the kind of franchise QB and team leader the Jets have been crying out for. The guy is going to be a star imo. 

gettyimages-881443218.jpg?w=1000&h=600&c

Huh.  I must be running in the wrong circles, keep seeing people being cautious about Mayfield.

That being said, I like him.  I dunno how quick he'll go IRL, but I would not be mad if we (as in the Skins) took him in the 1st if he fell there.  Definitely one I'd like to see developed well somewhere.

Darnold one of two names I expected at two.

Alright had time to go through the seven stages of Baker going right before I planned to pick him.  No trade offers materialized in that time so let's move on.

With pick #4 of the 2018 ES GMs mock draft, the Cleveland Browns select...

JOSH ALLEN, QB, Wyoming

See the source image

I'm banking on the upside and more durability, as well as being able to function in Cleveland weather.  Hue will have to earn those QB whisperer chops...

@jsharrin55 and the Broncos are on the clock.

Current Ticker ..............................................................................................

Rnd. Pick # NFL team Player Pos. College Conf. Notes
  1 1 Cleveland Browns Saquon Barkley    RB Penn State B1G  
  1 2 New York Giants Sam Darnold   QB USC Pac 12  
  1 3 New York Jets Baker Mayfield    QB  Oklahoma Big XII from Indianapolis 
  1 4 Cleveland Browns Josh Allen   QB Wyoming MWC from Houston 
  1 5 Denver Broncos          
  1 6 Indianapolis Colts         from N.Y. Jets 
  1 7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers          
  1 8 Chicago Bears          
  1 9 San Francisco 49ers          
  1 10 Oakland Raiders        

That's why you always take the QB if you're set on him. 

Never 'settle.' 

The Giants take Barkley? No harm, no foul. Add another major building block to the D to go along with the generational Garrett from last year. They still go QB? You get the top bracket RB to help out the QB. But either way, you get the QB you wanted. Now, you settle for a high ceiling, low floor guy who's very underdeveloped for the pro-level but who has an elite arm and character. 

Don't gamble when it comes to a potential franchise QB. 

Sounds contradictory possibly when I have Barkley as one of the top 2 talents in this draft, but the way Cleveland has gone around getting him at the expense of the QB they wanted is terrible to me. 

Hail. 

To be quite honest, I’m not sold on a single QB that has been selected so far.  Don’t like Baker Mayfield at all.  No way would I pick him.  I don’t care that Josh Allen can sling it 80 yards Downfield.  So could Jeff George & Damn McGwire.  Sam Darnold is wildly overrated.  *shrugs* If I’m Cleveland, I would seriously look to trade back and select Lamar Jackson.  Imagine Jackson/Barkley in  the option scheme.  Can Jackson slide and avoid allowing himself to get crushed?  He doesn’t seem to have durability issues to this point.  You’re the Browns, nothing to lose!

It's not 'hindsight.' 

If Dorsey did that the actual draft, he'd be starting out on seriously dodgy ground in Cleveland. After he's made some real good moves in FA to this point. 

You dpn't 'gamble' on the most important player on the team. And the biggest building block in Cleveland's overhaul. 

Now knowing you wanted Mayfield, you played that one terribly Comish IMHO. 

Hail. 

Archived