Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 ES GMs Mock Draft is complete!

Epochalypse

WOOOOO! Way to start the draft off with a SHOCKER! 

The Browns take Barkley at 1!!!!! That's ..... something. 

In all my scenario's, as much as he's one of the top 2 talents in this draft IMHO, I can't envisage Cleveland NOT taking their QB.

Honest to God I never expected that. 

WOW!

Hail. 

*Edit* Sidenote. As stunned as I am, in the reality of this I'm ecstatic he's not a Giant and is kept out of the East. Which was a fear of a possibility.  

7 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

*Edit* Sidenote. As stunned as I am, in the reality of this I'm ecstatic he's not a Giant and is kept out of the East. Which was a fear of a possibility.  

That's still a possibility that it happens IRL.

That's just a mock draft you know :P

2 hours ago, wilco_holland said:

Quick question what is the best way to follow the drafted players this year? Just read the first post? Or do I need to go through the comments. 

would be nice to have a separate thread just for the draft for people to post their draft pick and pic of player.

Back home and made my selection post more to SkinsFanMania's liking.

In the past we had multiple threads and it was a chore to keep up because they were in different forums.  I'm not even sure that other forum exists anymore.

I think the mods would prefer us to keep in one thread, at least here in the Stadium.

3 hours ago, goskins10 said:

I think you are giving him too much credit. It's more like Eeny, meeny miny moe. 

Oh man... I feel for you....

The roster have been locked just right before the Skins signs McPhee...

Sounds like a conspiracy against you :)

If I'm the Browns, I try to follow the Dallas model.

Barkley can be your Elliot.  Just tell him to behave.  They are also in a position to get a QB they want too.  If they take Barkley, they can literally only have 2 QBs taken from them before they go again.

11 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

If I'm the Browns, I try to follow the Dallas model.

Barkley can be your Elliot.  Just tell him to behave.  They are also in a position to get a QB they want too.  If they take Barkley, they can literally only have 2 QBs taken from them before they go again.

But in reality, were that to happen, they probably wouldn't be going QB. This isn't a QB class where you can just flip from one to another if a guy goes. It's way too diverse and selective for that. You either have a guy. Or you don't. 

10 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Slowwwwwwww. Epo should have taken the QB. Then this trade might not be this important. 

It is what it is man. We know from the get-go, not least the veteran GM's, the possibility, nay, probability, of a good few selections being drawn out and taking up a lot of time. 

Good time to remind any new guys that as frustrating as that may be, don't badger whoever. Not how we roll. It's their prerogative to take as much of their allotted time as they need. 

Hail. 

I would have taken a QB at 1. The QB you want. But then, if you're trying to trade down from #4 and you're going to ride Tyrod I can see the appeal of Barkley. 

I guess that's why these mocks are so subjective. I'm all for building a dynasty, slowly, from the ground up, watching a guy develop etc. But we're being rated on instant success. Oh yeah. Barkley had 1400+ yards and 10 TD's this season. Good pick :)

In saying that, hypothetically, this time next year are all the teams up for grabs and can you pencil in the team you're picking with this year?

19 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

But in reality, were that to happen, they probably wouldn't be going QB. This isn't a QB class where you can just flip from one to another if a guy goes. It's way too diverse and selective for that. You either have a guy. Or you don't.  

True.  I think we'll all have more to say on the subject in a few picks when our opinions wouldn't be in violation of draft rules.

Or I guess I could go over to the draft database thread but then it would lack a lot of context.

In real life Brown's are just in a bad position. They have to take a QB. If they wait until four they will get the second or third best QB. The issue with that is...if the other two develop in a franchise QB, they missed on it again. You can not pass on franchise QBs over and over again. It's the most important position. 

You can not tell me that the trade with Eagles made the Brown's a better team. 

But in this parallel universe I understand with Epo us doing. Get the best player and build from that. 

Archived