Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 ES GMs Mock Draft is complete!

Epochalypse

I gamble in a fake draft.

Dorsey's livelihood is on the line.

All I have to risk is mocking on a Redskins fan forum.

What can I say, I live dangerously.

See the source image

11 minutes ago, -JB- said:

To be quite honest, I’m not sold on a single QB that has been selected so far.  Don’t like Baker Mayfield at all.  No way would I pick him.  I don’t care that Josh Allen can sling it 80 yards Downfield.  So could Jeff George & Damn McGwire.  Sam Darnold is wildly overrated.  *shrugs* If I’m Cleveland, I would seriously look to trade back and select Lamar Jackson.  Imagine Jackson/Barkley in  the option scheme.  Can Jackson slide and avoid allowing himself to get crushed?  He doesn’t seem to have durability issues to this point.  You’re the Browns, nothing to lose!

I was looking to trade back but no takers.

And what do ya mean "You're the Browns, nothing to lose!"?  :chair:

16 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

That's why you always take the QB if you're set on him. 

Never 'settle.' 

The Giants take Barkley? No harm, no foul. Add another major building block to the D to go along with the generational Garrett from last year. They still go QB? You get the top bracket RB to help out the QB. But either way, you get the QB you wanted. Now, you settle for a high ceiling, low floor guy who's very underdeveloped for the pro-level but who has an elite arm and character. 

Don't gamble when it comes to a potential franchise QB. 

Sounds contradictory possibly when I have Barkley as one of the top 2 talents in this draft, but the way Cleveland has gone around getting him at the expense of the QB they wanted is terrible to me. 

Hail. 

I think that's also why Cleveland take a QB at #1 this year. The FO office has hopefully learnt from Wentz it came.

5 minutes ago, Cypress said:

I think that's also why Cleveland take a QB at #1 this year. The FO office has hopefully learnt from Wentz it came.

I dont know man. They get the best player in the draft. And I would have chosen Rosen at 4 (Who I believe is the best QB in this draft as well). The bottom line is they would get the best player in the draft. Plus one of the best arms at 4. I would take that all day long. And If I was drafting for Cleveland I would have had 2 of my top 4 players in the draft. Barkley #1 Rosen #4.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I dont know man. They get the best player in the draft. And I would have chosen Rosen at 4 (Who I believe is the best QB in this draft as well). The bottom line is they would get the best player in the draft. Plus one of the best arms at 4. I would take that all day long. And If I was drafting for Cleveland I would have had 2 of my top 4 players in the draft. Barkley #1 Rosen #4.

Matter of opinion that he's the clear best player in the draft but he's certainly one of two on their own in mine. 

You wouldn't if the Giants or Jets had taken Rosen. 

Hail. 

8 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Save for any trades, under normal circumstances you'd presume Denver will make it 4 QB's running and 4 out of the top 5. (A draft record? Be interesting to know.). 

But the mad, unpredictable way this has started who knows what the Bronco's GM is fixing to do?

Hail. 

I dont know. But I want his pick!!!! Impossible to move up from where I am though.

51 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

If they have 3 identical grades on 3 QB's then sweet, take Barkley #1 and be happy with whoever at #4. I just don't see that being the case. Take the QB you want, so you don't have to relive the Wentz mistake (not an identical scenario but the thought process is the same). 

If you miss on Barkley at #4 then you've still got some elite talent to bolster your defense. 

9 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Save for any trades, under normal circumstances you'd presume Denver will make it 4 QB's running and 4 out of the top 5. (A draft record? Be interesting to know.).  .....

So curiosity got the better of me and I went and looked up draft history. 

We've already equalled the most ever QB's taken in the top 5. *YAY US! :headbang: Or something .....

Twice before 3 have been taken. Both times with the top 3 picks: 

1. Jim Plunkett.          Stanford.       Patriots. 

2. Archie Manning.     Mississippi.   Saints. 

3. Dan Pastorini.        Santa Clara.  Oilers.

1. Tim Couch.             Kentucky.      Browns- My all-time draft bust. The stuff of nightmares. Had him down as taking the Browns to the top.                                                                                        That went well. :(

2. Donovan McNabb. Syracuse.      Eagles. 

3. Akili Smith.             Oregan.         Bengals.

Will the Bronco's set a new top 5 QB record in 2018 ..... ?

Hail. 

Denver DIDN'T take a QB?!!!!! WOW!!!!!

This draft gets stranger and stranger. 

That aside, arguably the best overall player in the draft IMHO. The other one along with Barkley I have out by themselves. Zack Martin-Esq dominance that you're guaranteeing, as much as you can, starting at a Pro-Bowl calibre level the next 12-15 years. He's nasty vicious. 

Love the player but the selection has thrown me. 

This first round is getting more and more curious. Onto Indy .....

Hail. 

Yeah, sorry for the edit.   Thanks for posting the pick. 

While it may not match real life,  the Broncos spent money on non - cousins and have players that are upset they didn't make a stronger push.   Nelson gives any qb/rb they have do better,  so it's worth the mix up.   

4 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

Yeah, sorry for the edit.   Thanks for posting the pick. 

While it may not match real life,  the Broncos spent money on non - cousins and have players that are upset they didn't make a stronger push.   Nelson gives any qb/rb they have do better,  so it's worth the mix up.   

For the wait not the edit.

7 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

While it may not match real life,  the Broncos spent money on non - cousins and have players that are upset they didn't make a stronger push.   Nelson gives any qb/rb they have do better,  so it's worth the mix up.   .....

I'd wager you've just messed up the Colts hope for adding much needed interior protection for Luck. (Who's throwing weighted balls around again the last I read so that's a good sign after his write-off 2017.). 

REAL curious to see where they go now. 

The first round this year isn't anything if it's not fascinating. 

Hail. 

Now it get's interesting in terms of trade value. You have six teams with a young QB who are probally not going to take on. You then have Miami at 11, Bills 12 and Cardinals at 15. Is one of does teams going to make a move? And when are they going to make the move? 

For me that is the fun part of the draft. Contacting owners. Try to see if they are interested, try to work a deal that works for you. Deal goes south, you hope they don't take the player you want and you try the next owner. Try to work out a trade again. 

Archived