Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 ES GMs Mock Draft is complete!

Epochalypse

We will need to pick up the pace a bit if we are to finish on time.  I'll take this opportunity to remind everyone that short lists are a great way of speeding this process up if you are so inclined.

If you know you are coming up and know you plan on making the pick, simply sending a 1-, 2-, or 3- man list to myself or a person you trust to make the pick, should you happen to not be online at the time your pick comes up.

I would recommend you ask the person you plan to send it to you whether they have any interest in trading up ahead of you before you send them the list, just to make sure.  It also helps if you look to send it to people who just picked or have a significant amount of time before their next pick so the likelihood of them getting one of your options is minimal.

Thanks.

@Epochalypse didn't we used to notify the GM's that where on deck? (don't know if that's the right term)

Like - Browns are now on the clock. Giants get PM or mention -> Browns are on the clock, you are next. Be prepared!

And guys that's good advice from Epo! If there are 5 picks before you, make at least a 5 player board. Know who you want. If you then get on the clock, you can make the pick. Even if you only have 5 minutes to post it. 

What also is a little frustrating is the ''waiting for trades'' (but that's personal). If I want to trade up, I will contact you before you are on the clock. I know that GHH does the same. So the waiting for a trade periode for me doesn't add anything. And if you want to do that, just make it a short window. Like you guys have 1 hour to contact me, otherwise I will make the pick. 

This critical comment is not for everyone. I have see a couple of times that picks went really fast after each other. That's the best thing. :)

2 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

@Epochalypse didn't we used to notify the GM's that where on deck? (don't know if that's the right term)

Like - Browns are now on the clock. Giants get PM or mention -> Browns are on the clock, you are next. Be prepared!

Yeah I suppose I can start doing that again if people don't mind the extra alert.

I was holding off so far because it seems like I've been seeing the "on deck" person while we sit waiting for the "on the clock" person (i.e. bedlamVR is here, but no Berggy5958, even though I know I saw Berggy on for a while when it was his turn)

7 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

With the 18th pick the Seattle Seahawks select CB JOSH JACKSON 6’1 195lbs IOWA..

Steal with Jackson at 18. I have him and Ward both in my top 15 in this draft. I like Ward a little better because he has done it longer. Jackson is a bit of a one year wonder. But there is no denying the guys ball skils. He is an interception machine.

38 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Steal with Jackson at 18. I have him and Ward both in my top 15 in this draft. .....

A LOT higher than me. Have an early 2nd on Jackson. Right in the stack of a zillion other CB's it's hard to separate. 

Although I have no doubt he'll go somewhere around where he was taking in this draft as some team will fall in love with his ball-hawking instincts. I just hope it's not ourselves as that would be SO Redskins if they got wiped out. 

For reference, the 1st Round last year comprised 4 trades, no skips and took 4 days to get through. So bar a crazy late mad rush, we're down on that. 

Still fully expect to finish on schedule though. We've never failed to yet. You get these natural dips. It'll pick up and level out. Always does. 

Hail. 

1 minute ago, Berggy9598 said:

49ers selection is Will Hernandez, OG UTEP. Will provide a write up later. 

LOVE him. Third guard on my board. I'd of been looking to trade back from 19 if that was what I was left with as I have a 2nd round grade on him but I love the player. 

Just not ot at the expense of Fitzpatrick, James or a couple of corners yet to come off the board as yet like but that's me. We all see things differently. 

Hail. 

3 minutes ago, bedlamVR said:

Bad a bing with the 20th pick in the draft the Lions will bring the pain - as in Da'Ron Payne DT from Alabaaaaamma  

He was in my realistic 19 mix if I'd of stuck there. 

Like him a lot. Play him at NT and still has the under-tackle ability that you don't need to take him off the field 3rd down/ obvious passing downs. Big guys aren't supposed to move that fast and be that athletic. Reminds me of the Lions drafting Suh. Just not quite the same intensity. 

Hail. 

And this is why we don't have time slotted picks. ;) If the ball get's rolling you can get through picks fast.

Can not disagree with any of does picks. Good value and seem to fit the team (from an ouside view).

You make good picks when I need to cross of names from my short list :(

27 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Interesting. 

Without naming names, not interested in other interior guys then if Hernandez was earmarked for that slot?

Hail. 

I am but I think 21 is a little high for the guys I am considering, it is the Bengals biggest area of need but the value is not there although equally OL is not deep in this draft so I may have to take someone here.  Will give it another 20 minutes and if I get no offers I will make my selection.

With the 21st pick in the 2018 draft the Cincinnati Bengals select;

Isiah Wynn OG/OT Georgia

Image result for isaiah wynn

Two disappointing seasons for the Bengals after a remarkably consistent run with the red rifle under center.  The biggest reason for the decline is not hard to see, offensive weapons like Marvin Jones and Mohamed Sanu left in free agency and the offensive line, once a real team strength, was allowed to fall into decline with no clear plan for the future. 

The team added new weapons last year but with no holes to run through Joe Mixon was ineffective and Andy Dalton was spending too much time running for his life to find open targets downfield.  The trade for Cordy Glenn provides an instant fix at LT and Clint Boling is solid if unspectacular LG but that leaves 3 spots in dire need of improvement.

Isiah Wynn projects as someone who can provide an immediate upgrade at a couple of positions, primarily a Tackle in college his short stature sees him project as Guard at this level and although he played on the left for Georgia he should easily make the switch to man the RG position.  His speed and athleticism make him an ideal run blocker in space and his compact size makes him difficult to move off the spot in pass protection.  If he is not ready to go as starting RG on day 1 his versatility means at the very least he can be an effective backup at all 5 spots as he adapts to the pro game.

@WelshSkinsFan LOVE IT! Wondered if you might go for one of the top two centres I have as a swing C/G combo given the Bengals horribly mediocre an worse OL issues, but I love Wynn. My #2 OL this class after Nelson. Best guard at the Snr. Bowl. One of the best positional blockers the draft. Leverage/ turn/ reach/ snatch. Smart. Patient. Controlled. SO athletic. Light-footed. Instant Day 1 starter who instantly upgrades any interior.  

Don't think you overreached at all mate. You're right people will as the OL class as a whole is so thin. (Personally wouldn't take anything outside an interior guy the first round.). But you've got very good value for a darn fine player IMHO. 

Hail. 

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

There are still 2 of my top 15 players available. I am kicking myself for trading up! :)

I'm shocked someone I'd have definitely been running to the podium for at 19, and would have strongly considered given up a third to move up to the 15 range for, is still on the board in particular. 

Hail. 

*Edit* I have a feeling he'll go to Buffalo next. 

Speaking from the perspective of the Bengals I think what we are seeing is the team needs > BPA argument playing out in real time.  I almost start to get a better understanding of why people are upset at the Redskins not addressing the DL in FA because there were better players available at 21 but if the Bengals don't remake that OL this season they are going nowhere and so it forced my hand.

Archived