Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Trade Thread (Details Inside)

CRobi21

3 hours ago, skinsfan4128 said:

I don't post much, but the overreaction here is downright hilarious.

First off, RIP Hap. 

2nd, Cousins was NOT going to sign a LTD with the Redskins.

Lastly, while I hate we lost Fuller, who the **** were we going to replace Cousins with this season knowing damn good and well he was walking?

I'm good with this move and now want to see the defense and offensive skill positions addressed.

I think Colt could have stepped in and played comparable to  Smith. 

I would've thought they learned their lesson after McNabb. You don't trade for an Andy Reid QB. He makes garbage look good. He also fleeces other teams. That the Browns were trying to get him too is another bad sign. Some of the worst damage control ever. The QB position is a complete disaster. Then to sign the guy until he's 38 years old. Just ridiculous. Just about what I'd expect from the Snyder/Allen front office. What a ****ing joke. They should've rolled with Colt, gone 2-14 and drafted a QB next year if this was the alternative.

6 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Its kinda sad he is still following the redskins this far out, he’s a looser, should focus on his future career of selling used cars.

If that really is his future then he needs to holler at his boy Leonard Hankerson to hook him up with a job... He's down in Ft Lauderdale doing exactly that!

I join with many others in feeling this was yet another in a series of Skins FO ineptitudes.  

Bruce Allen really is a major _______ [fill in with expletive of your choosing ] _______!!!  He overpaid to extricate himself from his self-created Cousins fiasco, in a way he could "win" and keep his ego intact.

I'm just shaking my head about this total mess of a FO. 

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!   58 YEAR FAN AND I'M OFFICIALLY DONE WITH THIS BRUCE ALLEN BS.  PAYING A SOON TO BE 34 YEAR OLD THAT MUCH DOESN'T SAVE MUCH CAP AND GIVING AWAY A 3RD. RD PICK AND FULLER, AN INEXPENSIVE FUTURE STUD IN THE DEFENSIVE BACKFIELD.    YOU HAVE JUST SHOT OUR FRANCHISE IN THE FOOT AGAIN.  WASTED YEARS NO MORE.  NO MORE GOING TO THE SKINS GAMES AFTER ALL THESE YEARS, AND SAVING ON MERCHANDISE SPENDING PROBABLY THING i WILL DO. ALLEN HAS SCREWED OUR LAST 4 YEARS UP AND SET US BACK.EVERY YEAR WHILE RAMS AND LAST PLACE EAGLES MAKE THE PLAYOFFS AND SB.  WHATS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?  UNDERSTAND THE IGNORANCE NOW?

HARD TO BELIEVE WHEN I WAS WATCHING GEORGE ALLEN COACH THE REDSKINS, HIS OFF SPRING WOULD DAMAGE OUR FRANCHISE FOR YEARS!!!!   WHAT A MORON WE HAVE IN SNYDER FOR THIS BS.  A HIGH SCHOOL COACH COULD MAKE BETTER DECISIONS.  STOP SPENDING MONEY FOR THIS WASTE.

2 minutes ago, carex said:

I'm fine with it.  Didn't trust Kirk's head in a lot of way.  I wonder what the transition tag is for CB and ILB, since we're not going to tag Kirk, we could use it for Breeland or Brown

Allen destroyed any possible signing of Cousins 2 years ago, losing Fuller will hurt and another waste, Brown should have been given a LTD last year coming off pro bowl seasons, not sold on Breeland as he is up and down and not consistant....if we sign FA's, we won't get 3rd rd comp pick for Cousin leaving.   All around pathetic moves by Allen/  this is NOT how you build a team.  Take lessons from Eagles how to go from last place to SB in a year.

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Lol @rabidskin wanna lay off the caps lock, dude? We get it, you’re mad as **** and you’re not going to any more games. The least you could do is not have everyone else scroll through two posts of all “big angry shouty words” ;) 

Your right.......going to the games since 1962 and suffering through losing seasons and then rise to the top, only to suffer this BS.  Redskins have always been a big part of my life.....I have incurable cancer and was hoping for 1 more SB to enjoy with my kids.....it's history now with this idiot.  Will just have to live with the memories and that will have to be enough.  Sad franchise we have become. More important things in life anyway.    

6 hours ago, Bacon said:

Now we HAVE to draft a CB early or risk leaving an enormous crater in our secondary. 

Yep, and in doing so we will probably pass at 13 on a QB that eventually becomes a stud, because we already have a QB, Alex Smith. Well compensated, mind you.

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, rabidskin said:

Allen destroyed any possible signing of Cousins 2 years ago, losing Fuller will hurt and another waste, Brown should have been given a LTD last year coming off pro bowl seasons, not sold on Breeland as he is up and down and not consistant....if we sign FA's, we won't get 3rd rd comp pick for Cousin leaving.   All around pathetic moves by Allen/  this is NOT how you build a team.  Take lessons from Eagles how to go from last place to SB in a year.

Brown wanted a one year prove deal, by the time the Skins started negotiating with him he was past willingness to sign a long term deal.  Breeland has more experience, Kirk did not deserve what he was asking for two years ago and if he actually took that personally it plays into why I didn't trust his head, and comp picks depend on multiple things

9 minutes ago, PleaseGoForTheWin said:

Terrible trade. Nothing against Smith, but Cousins was already in-house and just needed to be signed.

He'll probably go elsewhere and have the kind of career that Drew Brees has had since leaving the Chargers.

but see we hurt Kirk's feelings a couple years ago

Archived