Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

5 hours ago, Bacon said:

I'd be more interested in paying Bryce if he was proven at 1B. I know he said he was open to playing there, but would there be a learning curve? I don't know. I do know that we need Eaton, Soto and Robles on the field at the same time for the good of the team. 

Bryce's experience as a catcher would actually help him if he moves to first base.  I wonder, though, if the better option is to move Soto to first.   

I wonder what, if anything, the signing of Suzuki and Gomes means for Kieboom's future with the Nats.  He showed promise as his playing time increased.  Surprising to me is that he'll be 28 years old by the time spring training ends... somehow I thought he was younger than that. 

4 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

If they sign Bryce, I think Eaton gets traded and Taylor is the 4th OF. Unless, someone wants to make another Souza deal.

Doesn't Eaton have any extremely club-friendly contract though?  I want him on the team for reasons beyond that - spark plug type guy who is easy for fans and teammates to root for.

3 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

Soto has a hose too, though. Soto-Robles-Harper would be the best throwing OF in the league. Soto is only going to get better defensively (he was a TEENAGER). But I could see either Soto or Harper slotting nicely into a 1B role. 

I'll give you his youth, but Soto was BAD in the field last year.  He'll get better, but he has a long way to go.  I really rather see him anchoring first base for the next 10 years.

4 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Eaton is too good to be a #4. If Bryce resigns, either Eaton or Robles needs to be flipped for help in other areas

I like Eaton too. So much that......(he's on the DL again.....) I think he could be a really great OF here for years.

Eaton is good....and now injury prone while he'll be over 30 when the season starts. Love his game. Can't trust his health. 

5 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I like Eaton too. So much that......(he's on the DL again.....) I think he could be a really great OF here for years.

Eaton is good....and now injury prone while he'll be over 30 when the season starts. Love his game. Can't trust his health. 

I don’t think he’s really injury prone, he just suffered the single really severe leg injury two years ago and hasn’t fully recovered yet. The ankle issue this year was directly related to the previous injury. He came back after that and played the whole season (albeit noticeably limited). 

To recap news from the past few days: 

-Nats viewed as favorites for Harper 

-Nats serious about adding a top of the rotation starter (Corbin, etc)

-Nats serious about extending Rendon 

There’s no way they do all 3, right?

I guess if all of them agreed to significant amounts of deferred salary. If that’s the case, 2025-2035 is going to be a dark period for DC baseball ($100m/yr for players that haven’t suited up in a decade). 

On the other hand, I’d gladly trade a World Series for a decade of suck. Just gotta make sure they get that World Series and do it in the next 2 years while Scherzer and Stras are still highly effective. Clock’s ticking. 

Archived